xiii) Ferret

"Fiona, I need to tell you something about the first task." Harry says through heavy panting.

"What?" I ask annoyed.

"The first task is dragons." He replies not even paying attention to Draco, Pansy and Blaise who are standing with me.

I raise my eyebrows. "Dragons?" Pansy and Blaise say at the same time but Harry goes on ignoring them.

I furrow my eyebrows. He wasn't supposed to know until tonight, I would have told him later. "How do you know that?" I ask, successfully feigning confused surprise.

Harry gently took my hand and led me to a distance from the others though making sure they can still see me. I turn my head towards them and see Blaise and Pansy keeping a firm hand on Draco's shoulder. I roll my eyes a little.

"Listen Hagrid showed them to me last night. But he also showed Maxime." Harry says.

"So Fleur knows as well." I state. Harry nods. "And Karkaroff followed the sound of dragons." He adds.

I sigh and rub a hand along my forehead. "So Vik knows too."

Harry nods. "Only Cedric doesn't know now."

"Are you going to tell him?" I ask.

"It would be unfair on him to not know. We all have the advantage except him." Harry replies. "Only I have to get to class now and-"

I stop Harry. "I will tell him. Just get to class." Harry nods and runs away.

I walk back to the group. "Everyone except Cedric knows about the dragons." I tell them.

"You knew about them?" Pansy asks.

"Yes I did." I answer. We had been walking towards the courtyard while talking. We don't have class until third period.

"Do you plan on telling Diggory?" Blaise asks me.

I don't answer that question noticing Cedric and his friends hanging outside as well. "I need to talk with Cedric." I tell them and walk towards Cedric.

"Cedric, I need to talk to you." I tell him. His friends whistle and Cedric shush them quickly. "Yes?" He responds politely. "Alone." I add.

Cedric gets up and follows me to a side, after shushing his friends. "I am sorry about them." He says.

I shake my head. "It's alright." I tell him. "The first task is dragons."

"What?" Cedric asks forgetting everything else.

"Dragons." I say again. "They have gotten five of them, one for each of us."

I see the panic in his eyes I have been trying to hide. "Are you sure?" He asks in a hushed voice.

"Dead sure." I tell him. Cedric nods. "Why are you telling me?" He asks.

"Now it is fair. Everyone knows now." I answer. Cedric nods. "Thank you."

I walk to a tree on top of which Draco is sitting. I roll my eyes. "Draco, will you get down here?" I ask him.