81

Just two days later, Jimin sat with Yoongi in the doctor's office waiting room. They wore black masks, and Jimin's head rested on Yoongi's shoulder as they waited. "Hyung, would you mind, if you came in there with me?" Jimin asked quietly. "I think I know what all of this is about, but, I'm scared..." He shuffled closer to Yoongi. "Yeah, alright Jiminie. Don't worry, we can figure it all out soon." Yoongi laid his head on Jimin's.

In a few minutes, Jimin's doctor came out from behind the counter. As the band's popularity grew, it was best to not shout his name anymore. Jimin followed his doctor back to the room, and Yoongi copied. After they were safe from anyone else, Jimin sat on the paper-covered bed and Yoongi in a chair next to him. The doctor typed a few things on the computer, before sighing and turning to Jimin.

"You told the nurse it's abdominal pain, right?" His doctor asked. "Yeah...I haven't thought much about the surgery proposal." Jimin nervously rubbed the back of his neck, looking between the floor and the doctor. "It's okay, I get you're busy. But these pains are seriously hurting you, on the inside. We can start estrogen therapy, which is essentially just hormones. It should help with the pain." The doctor explained. "Or, we can start testosterone. But you'll need to decide soon Jimin-ssi, or your body will start turning against you. We don't want that for you, and I'm sure you don't want it either." Jimin nodded, his head hung so he was staring at his swinging feet.

"If I start the estrogen, what would happen?" Jimin asked after a moment. The doctor turned some papers next to him on the desk, and then back to Jimin. "Since you don't have ovaries, the estrogen will essentially give your body the lacking hormones. So there's a chance you could start having menstrual cycles, your chest could increase in size, and it could even change your voice a bit. Your body is lacking these hormones, so if we start that therapy it will help significantly. If you don't want that, we can start testosterone, but you'll have to get some procedures done." The doctor explained to Jimin, and as Yoongi was overhearing, he knew he wouldn't be able to choose if it was him.

The doctors and nurses were practically asking Jimin to chose a gender, that he had a choice of who he wanted to be. Yoongi wasn't sure what Jimin was going to decide, or even if he was going to come to a conclusion.

Jimin sighed and looked up to the doctor. "If I did that, and I changed my mind about it, would it be possible to do testosterone still?" He asked. "Not immediately, but I'd say if you wanted, yes. Your body will need time to adjust to all of these changes." He explained. Jimin nodded. "And, these pains will go away?" He asked. The doctor nodded his head.

"I think we can start the estrogen first, and see how that works." Jimin decided, leaning forward and placing his arms on his legs. "Okay. The first treatment is a shot, but the others can be pills if you'd prefer." The doctor turned back to the computer, leaving Jimin with his decision. "Okay...that's fine." He nodded to himself, as if he were trying to convince himself.

Shortly after, Jimin had an appointment in two days to take the first shot. Yoongi left with his arm around Jimin, and Jimin was quiet. As they got to the car, Yoongi decided to drive to hopefully allow Jimin to talk easier.

"Are you okay?" Yoongi asked, as they were driving through the exit road of the facility. "I think so...I'm just nervous, like, what if it doesn't help and just makes everything worse? Or what if my voice changes so much it affects the entirety of the band, and-" "If it does, so what? You're still you, and sound like an angel, Jimin. Even if it changes in tone, you still have tools and lessons to carry out everything you've been doing. It'll be alright." Yoongi interrupted, pulling out on to the main road. Jimin leaned against the window, watching trees and skies pass by. He remembered what Yoongi had said, and settled his mind on that.

Two days later, the members were practicing choreography, so Jimin was walking back to the doctor's office alone. He normally went straight to the waiting room, but this time he was directed to a hallway between the pharmacy and pediatrics. "You can sit right in that chair and relax while I get the treatment ready." A nurse told him, getting gloves on. Jimin hopped up into the gray leather chair, and put his arms on the rests. "This will go right here on your shoulder." She gently pulled up Jimin's shirt, exposing his right shoulder. "After this, I can take the treatment in pills, right?" He asked, watching as the nurse disinfected and cleaned his shoulder, just to be safe. She nodded and grabbed the syringe that was lying on a paper towel on the top of a red cart next to the chair. "Breathe in..." She directed, and Jimin looked away, taking a deep breath. There was hardly a pinch, and he could feel the long needle travel deeper into his skin. He squirmed a bit, then, it was over as quickly as it begun. Jimin sighed great fully, and after a few moments, jumped down from the gray chair. "Feel alright?" The nurse asked with a smile. "Yeah, no different yet." Jimin chuckled, clearing his throat and fixing his shirt. "Your other pills should be ready at the pharmacy now. Have a good evening, Mr. Park." Jimin waved goodbye, and left the hallway.

Turning left at the end, he reached the pharmacy. After he picked up the medication and was sitting in his car, by himself, Jimin wondered what the next steps would look like exactly for him. He was scared of too much change, like his chest and voice. Half of him liked the idea, but the other half was so strongly against the idea of transitioning that he felt nauseous in the mirror at times. He continued to tell himself it would all go away soon, as he drove back to the dorm.

Later on that night, everyone was gathered in the living room and watching a movie on the TV. Hoseok laid comfortably in Taehyung's lap, Jungkook was in a non-verbal but content state on Seokjin's lap, hugging him like a Koala. Namjoon laid on Taehyung's shoulder, and Jimin and Yoongi cuddled against each other. They were all sleepy, but so happy and safe with just each other's presence. Yoongi was still awake after everyone had fallen asleep on each other.

He admired Seokjin's face, Namjoon's dimples, Taehyung's hands, Jungkook's hair, Jimin's form and the way that Hoseok could never truly be close enough to anyone where physical contact was too much. Those were physical, Yoongi knew there was so much more inside and he really felt in love with his members. He was happy to be asked to be in the relationship, practically starting the thing, and to continue to support the others with their decisions. He was truly happy where he was, his true home being Bangtan Sonyeodan.