Chapter 156 • Graduation

❥Warning:
Includes strong language and blood.

-Y/N's POV-
The next day, my body woke me up early in the morning. It actually worked out well because I woke up George too, he was finally ready to leave the hospital. Since his body was perfectly healthy, he was free to go, which was perfect timing since today we were graduating high school.

I had to admit, a little part of me was sad I was graduating. At the beginning of the year, I was so afraid of growing up, I was so nervous for this time to come, but now, I've learned that change can be good, and everything happens for a reason.

I knew that no matter where this life would take me, I'd be okay. Especially because I'd always have my best friends in my life, one of them more than the other.

It was crazy how one conversation with George made me realize instantly who my heart belonged to. If I was being honest, I was thrilled to tell that special someone who they were to me.

Not only that, but walking across that stage, getting my diploma, waving to my friends and family, I couldn't wait.

At 9am that morning, George's parents signed him out of the hospital. They dropped me off at home so I could get ready for our graduation ceremony at 2pm.

Once I was home, I hugged George goodbye then hopped out of his parent's car. I jogged to my front door, then swung it open to see my parents standing in front of a table with our school colors on it. On the table were presents, snacks, and balloons.

My eyes widened at the sight as I smiled.

Y/N:
"What's all this?"

MOM:
"Oh—" She turned around, surprised I was standing there, "We decided to do a little something for your graduation today. Once the ceremony is over, we could all come back here and open all these presents. There's some for you, Clay, George, Nick, and even Wilbur."

Y/N:
"Awe, thank you guys." My smile widened.

Shortly, I went over to my parents, combined them in a joint hug, then split us apart.

Y/N:
"I'm going to get ready, I'll be down in 4 hours—" I zoomed upstairs excitedly.

DAD:
"4 hours?" I heard his faint confused voice, with my mother's laughter.

When I raced upstairs, I began to get ready. I applied fancier makeup, curled my hair, tying it up into a loose ponytail, letting some front strands shape my face and finally, I slipped into my graduation dress.

You wore this:

Once I was done getting fully ready, I looked in the mirror and smiled at myself, being content with what I saw staring back at me

This year, I learned how to love myself more. I started eating every meal, even snacking in between, but in a more healthier way. Hannah started me on face masks and other self-care things, and I had to admit, taking care of myself was a lot of fun.