Chapter 117 • Assumptions

❥Warning:
Includes strong language.

-Y/N's POV-
Once George, Clay and I left his house, we drove over to Nick's house to pick him up for school. When we did, as we drove around, we spoke about what we would all do after school.

Clay told us that after school, he had football practice, George and I remembered that we had Math Club and Nick was going to practice with his band.

I suddenly remembered that Darryl had invited me to a party tonight. I invited my crushes, and they all said they'd be there, putting a smile on my face.

Eventually, we made it to the school. We stepped out of Clay's car and walked side by side to the building.

-WILBUR's POV-
I was standing near the bike stands. I released a shaky breath while holding my checklist on a piece of paper.

"Alright..." I thought while scanning down my list, "Nick's done, Clay's done thankfully, all that's left is George, and then I can finally go on a date with Y/N. Universe, don't mess this up for me."

My head tilted up to gaze at the parking lot. On time was my radiant star with her friends. She was practically skipping with her bright smile, making my lips curl up.

I slipped my checklist into my back pocket, then took a deep breath.

TOMMY:
"Hey mate." He came up to me with a smile.

WILBUR:
"Oh hey." I smiled back.

TOMMY:
"Don't hate me, but could you cover my shift tonight at Phil's? My mum's making me do over 20 chores tonight since I've been blowing them off for Audrey all week." He nervously laughed.

I raised my eyebrows and glanced at George for a moment as he walked into the school.

"I could hang out with him after my shift." I thought.

WILBUR:
"Yeah no worries, I got your back."

TOMMY:
"Thanks, you're a lifesaver." He smiled while wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

Soon, the two of us headed to our first class of the day.

•••••

When our class was over, I made my way to the gymnasium for my next period. Once I made it, I saw Clay and Nick talking next to the bleachers.

I knew that we were on better terms, but talking to them was still something I was new at. So, I kept my distance.

Eventually, our gym teacher showed up and told us we'd be playing dodgeball again, which I was all for. We soon got assigned teams. On my side was Zak and Floris per usual, against Clay and Nick, along with other students.

Since the 5 of us were the best in the class, it came down to us again. Clay was the one who knocked Floris out, making him groan in annoyance with the walk of shame to the bleachers. Nick ended up hitting Zak with a ball, making him roll his eyes and do the same thing as Floris.

Now, it was Clay and Nick against me. Each of us gave each other some unsure glances. It didn't seem like they knew what to do. That's when I noticed that all the balls were on my side, they had none. I had a clear, open shot.

But I didn't take it.

Instead, I took a deep breath and kicked two balls over to their side, so they could get me out. They both raised their eyebrows at me once they saw the balls roll over to them. Clay and Nick exchanged glances, then picked up the balls.

I shut my eyes and opened my arms out, ready for my defeat. After a few moments, I heard Zak and Floris groan.

ZAK:
"Hey!"