Chapter 146 • Dinner

❥Warning:
Includes strong language.

-Y/N's POV-
My family and I soon took our seats. The universe cursed me and made it so that the only seat left for me was the one next to Wilbur. I sighed, having no choice but to sit down next to him. He glanced at me for half a second, then kept his eyes forward, staring at my parents from across the table.

Darryl shortly gave my family and I our menus. After we thanked him, he walked away, leaving us all to read over the tasty items.

My eyes trailed over to Wilbur, I was drawn to him tonight. He bit the inside of his cheek while reading the menu items, appearing to be slightly nervous. My eyes followed his, I knew he was staring at the expensive prices.

To break the silence between us, I spoke to him.

Y/N:
"You can get what you want, it's okay." I whispered to him.

His eyes fell to the bottom of the menu as he swallowed hard. That's when I noticed his leg was shaking under the table. By instinct, I placed my hand on his thigh, making him stop. His eyes widened a little as he glanced down at it.

Y/N:
"Can you look at me...?" I whispered again.

Wilbur hesitated, but soon, met my eyes.

Y/N:
"Can we talk...? In private..."

He released a shaky breath then nodded, standing up.

Y/N:
"We'll be right back." I stood up, telling everyone.

After they all nodded, I took Wilbur by the wrist and led him to right, outside the bathrooms in the corner.

Once we were alone, I spoke.

Y/N:
"I'm sorry for going off on you yesterday." I got to the point, "You didn't deserve that...I know you were only trying to help, I just...I hate getting help from people because it makes me feel weak...so you trying to help, triggered me, that's why I lashed out...

He frowned at me, remaining silent.

Y/N:
"I'll do whatever you want to earn your forgiveness." I held my hands together.

Wilbur's eyes fell to the floor below us, he still didn't say a single word, making my lips curl down farther.

Y/N:
"I'm sorry..." I said again, hoping he'd speak, but he still wouldn't.

-WILBUR's POV-
I didn't want to say anything else that would upset her. I especially didn't want to make her angry at me again for getting involved in her business, so, I figured saying nothing was better than saying something that could upset her.

Y/N:
"Wilbur I'm sorry for going off...can you please say something...?" She frowned while tilting her head.

I swallowed hard, placed my hands in my pockets, and kept silent, in fear of hurting her again.

She clenched her jaw while shutting her eyes.

Y/N:
"Fine..." She whispered, "I thought we could be mature about this but, apparently not...thanks..."

Y/N walked back to the table, all while I focused my eyes on the floor.

-Y/N's POV-
When I made it back to the table, I took Wilbur's seat, now sitting next to George. My parents were speaking to Clay and Nick, making George lean his head to the side to talk to me.

GEORGE:
"You good?" He whispered.

Y/N:
"Not really..."

GEORGE:
"Wanna talk about it?"

I decided to answer with actions. I stood up, grabbed George by the hand and led him outside to the entrance.

When we were hit with a breeze, the doors shut. Once they did, I wrapped my arms around his waist, letting my cheek rest against his chest.