Chapter 109 • DIY

❥Warning:
Includes strong language.

-Y/N's POV-
Clay ended up driving Nick and me back to our houses since school was over. We all knew we needed some space from each other after what's happened today.

I told my family how Nick and I won the talent show, and they were happy for me. Once I spoke with them, I said I was going upstairs to do my homework but in reality, I was planning to make something for George to apologize for earlier.

I knew George has been feeling left out lately, and I knew my decision hurt him more than the others. So, I was going to do everything in my power to bring his adorable smile back.

My mind thought of several ideas I could do until it landed on one specific one. So, I grabbed my supplies and began my DIY project for George.

•••••

-GEORGE's POV-
Once I heard their footsteps coming, I began the long walk home, I wanted to avoid being in the same car as my friends.

When I made it home some time later, I did what I always do, homework. While doing some challenging math equations, my father walked into my room since the door was wide open.

G DAD:
"Hey..."

I lifted my head up and met his eyes.

GEORGE:
"Hey..."

G DAD:
"How's the homework going?" He stepped forward.

GEORGE:
"Fine..." I looked back at my paper.

G DAD:
"How's the Y/N situation going?"

I clenched my jaw instantly while slightly glaring at my pencil.

Suddenly, the doorbell rung. My father got out his phone to see who was at the door. He raised his eyebrows and lightly smiled.

G DAD:
"Get the door for me, will you?"

GEORGE:
"Sure." I agreed, since anything was better than these dumb equations.

I stood up and passed by my father to go downstairs. Once I made it down the stairs, I swung the front door open.

My eyes met with Y/N, making my eyes widen slightly.

Y/N:
"Hey...could we talk...?" She asked nervously.

I sighed while lowering my shoulders.

GEORGE:
"Let me guess, you want to say sorry and then do the same thing again..." I crossed my arms while titling my head.

Y/N:
"Actually...I wanted to give you this..." She shook off my coldness and revealed the object from behind her back.

In her hands was this:

I raised my eyebrows, staring at the mason jar

I raised my eyebrows, staring at the mason jar. I could already feel my cheeks becoming hotter.

GEORGE:
"W—What's this...?" I asked quietly as she handed the jar to me.