Chapter 86 • Mountain

❥Warning:
Includes strong language and blood.

-Y/N's POV-
Wilbur and I ended up driving to somewhere I've never been before. We were driving around a corner on this mountain curved road. I expected us to keep going but, he pulled over to the side of the road and parked the car, making me very confused.

Y/N:
"Why'd you stop?"

WILBUR:
"Cause we're here." He smiled.

Y/N:
"The side of the road?" My eyebrows squished together.

Wilbur chuckled.

WILBUR:
"C'mon." He shut the car off, opened his door and closed it, walking around to the other side of the car.

Right when I was about to open my door, Wilbur beat me to it, opening the door for me.

Y/N:
"Thanks." I blushed with a smile and stepped out of the car.

Wilbur nodded then shut the door behind me. He began walking and I followed him. He led us to this gigantic rock, over looking the town. My eyes widened when I saw how high up we were.

Y/N:
"Oh my..."

WILBUR:
"Like the view?" He grinned while placing his hands in his pockets.

Y/N:
"Y—Yeah..." I couldn't look away from the view.

WILBUR:
"This is where I go to get my mind off of things." He sat down on the rock, letting his palms rest on each sides of him as he looked out at the scenery.

Y/N:
"Does it work?" I sat down next to him.

WILBUR:
"Sometimes." He raised his eyebrows.

My eyes fell to his hand then back up to his eyes.

Y/N:
"You can talk to me about those things if you want...I'm here for you."

Wilbur sadly smiled at the view, not meeting my gaze.

WILBUR:
"So..." He tried changing the subject.

Suddenly, my phone rang, making me jump slightly. I unzipped my backpack and grabbed my phone, seeing it was Clay calling me. I sighed.

Y/N:
"Clay's calling me..."

WILBUR:
"You can answer if you want..." He shrugged while staring out in the distance.

I swallowed hard while clenching my jaw at my phone.

I was upset with Clay but, it felt wrong to ignore him. So, I answered and held the phone up to my ear.

Y/N:
"Hello?"

CLAY:
"Y/N—Where are you?"

Y/N:
"Why?"

CLAY:
"Cause," He sighed, "I wanna apologize and talk to you..."

I frowned while staring at Wilbur.

Y/N:
"I'm with Wilbur..." I admitted.

There was silence for a moment.

CLAY:
"Where are you?" He asked lowly.

Y/N:
"We ditched school..."

I heard Clay sigh on the other line.

Y/N:
"Clay look...I like Wilbur too. He deserves a fair chance just like the rest of you. So, support that like George and Nick have or...don't date me at all." I snapped with a burst of confidence.

Wilbur's head shot to me as his lips curled up, his eyebrows rose. He stared proudly at me.

Meanwhile, Clay was silent.