Chapter 22 • Clubs

❥Warning:
Includes strong language.

-Y/N's POV-
The rest of the day went by pretty quickly and shortly, it was time for the assembly. Aka, the club fair.

Everyone gathered to the gymnasium. I met up with my best friends at my locker then we made our way to the gym.

When we entered, it was pretty packed. There were several booths and tables with different clubs. Plus, the club officers to explain the clubs to people. The gym was packed.

I clapped my hands together as I darted my eyes between my best friends.

Y/N:
"Okay, so obviously join whichever clubs y'all want to but, I do want one club where we can join together."

They nodded. Right near us, I spotted the sign: 'Earth Club'.

Y/N:
"Would you guys wanna join Earth Club? We could volunteer together." I smiled at them.

They all murmured in agreement then we made our way over to the booth. We grabbed the paper, explaining what the club was and what classroom they'd meet in for meetings, etc.

Y/N:
"Cool." I grasped the paper and saw a 'Writing Club' sign, "Ouu I'm gonna join that one."

I quickly made my way over to the booth, pushing past people. When I arrived, I was welcomed by a short brunette girl wearing a beanie.

GIRL:
"Hi!" She saw me.

Y/N:
"Hi." I smiled, "I'd love to join Writing Club."

GIRL:
"Perfect." She handed me their flyer and began telling me about their schedule and what the club is about.

In the middle of her explaining, I felt a tall presence near me. He picked up the flyer.

Y/N:
"Must you follow me everywhere?" I squinted at him.

WILBUR:
"I like writing, Y/N. Not everything's about you." He raised his eyebrows, making me roll my eyes, "But, good time to talk."

Wilbur dragged me away by the arm to the bleachers.

WILBUR:
"You said you'd admit to the lie during the assembly and we're here so just do it." He glared at me.

Y/N:
"Fine." I rolled my eyes.

I dragged Wilbur by the wrist to the podium with a microphone. I tapped the microphone several times, making everyone's attention go to me.

Y/N:
"Hey everyone. Sorry for interrupting but just wanted to say that...I lied. I'm not pregnant." I spoke into the mic.

Many gasped and murmured to each other.

Y/N:
"And the reason I lied was because Wilbur here," I glared at him, "Was gonna tell everyone that we slept together when we didn't. So yeah, still a virgin, big whoop who cares—anyways, that's the truth. Right Wilbur?"

Wilbur sighed in defeat then spoke into the microphone.

WILBUR:
"Yes I was gonna lie so she lied instead, getting revenge at me." He rolled his eyes then stepped down.

Y/N:
"Carry on." I waved my hand then stepped down.

Everyone returned to what they were doing after a few moments. I returned to the Writing Club booth.

GIRL:
"Wow, that was brave." She laughed.

I smiled at her, "Thanks, I'm Y/N."

GIRL:
"I'm Aimsey."

-GEORGE's POV-
After Y/N's speech, I took a deep breath and looked around at the different booths. I saw her speaking with the girl who sits behind me in my English class.