Chapter 91 • Worthy

❥Warning:
Includes strong language.

-Y/N's POV-
After Clay and mine's first date, we went to the pet store to buy all the essentials Patches needed. Once we were done, Clay drove me back to my house to get ready for our actual date tonight. I kissed Patches' head, then kissed Clay's cheek.

Y/N:
"See you tonight. If the date sucks it's an L just saying." I joked, making him wheeze and shake his head.

I hopped out of the car and shut the door. Soon, I jogged to my front door and opened it, heading inside.

Right when I went inside, I saw Nicole sitting on the couch, eating a bowl of cheese balls. She noticed me immediately and smiled, taking the remote off her lap to mute the TV.

NICOLE:
"Hey."

Y/N:
"Hi." I smiled while walking to her.

Nicole's eyes immediately fell to my neck. Her eyes widened as her jaw dropped into a giant smile.

NICOLE:
"You hoe—" She joked.

My eyebrows squished together as my head went back a little, offended by her comment.

NICOLE:
"Who gave you the hickey?"

My expression dropped as my eyes widened. My hand shot to my neck, covering it up.

Y/N:
"W—Wilbur..." I looked away from her awkwardly.

Nicole grinned while leaning back on the couch.

NICOLE:
"Well, well, well—" She began.

MOM:
"Y/N are you home?" I heard her yell from upstairs.

Y/N:
"Yeah—" I yelled back.

My mother came downstairs soon and hugged me with a smile.

MOM:
"How was your day?"

Y/N:
"It was good."

She split apart from me once I let go. Just like my sister, she glanced down at my neck and saw my hickey, making my heart drop along with her face.

MOM:
"Did you have sex??" She raised her voice.

Y/N:
"No—" My eyes widened.

MOM:
"Wait—who gave that to you?"

Y/N:
"Um..."

She tilted her head while squishing her eyebrows together then, slowly, she realized.

MOM:
"Okay, nope—" She grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the house, making me nervous about what she was going to do.

I saw Nicole grin before my mom shut the door behind us. She led me to the porch swing and sat us down.

MOM:
"Wilbur gave that hickey to you??"

Y/N:
"Yes," I sighed, "but I wanted him to."

She nodded slowly, lost in thought as her eyes fell to a tree in the distance.

MOM:
"Would you want to go a step further with Wilbur?"

Y/N:
"I don't know..." I mumbled while messing with my fingers.

MOM:
"If you don't know, then that's a no, honey." Her lips curled down, "You need to be 100% sure you want to do something for your first time, and it needs to be with the right person."

Y/N:
"I know..." I nodded, "Things are complicated with Wilbur right now..."

MOM:
"What happened?"

I sighed nervously, sort of regretting having my mom as my girl best friend, since I'd probably get in trouble.

Y/N:
"Wilbur and I hung out today, and we had a lot of fun...he explained to me what really happened in our past, the things I didn't remember, but...then we got to talking and...making out—" I looked to the side awkwardly, "But, he asked if hickeys were okay, and I said yes because I acted on the moment...but, he wouldn't have given me a hickey if I didn't want one, I know he wouldn't."