Chapter 7 • Boyfriend

❥Warning:
Includes strong language.

❥A/N:
C DAD = Clay's Dad
G DAD = George's Dad
N DAD = Nick's Dad

(Same with their moms)

-Y/N's POV-
Clay, Nick and I all exchanged nervous glances at each other as Wilbur came over with a grin.

WILBUR:
"Hey gorgeous."

NIKI:
"Hi." She giggled, "These are my friends. Y/N, Clay, Nick and Darryl."

Wilbur scanned his eyes over us with a smirk.

DARRYL:
"Weren't you the one who told everyone Y/N's a virgin or was that another Wilbur?" He tilted his head innocently, making Niki's smile fade.

WILBUR:
"I don't believe I said that. Must've been someone else." He raised his eyebrows while Clay sighed, shaking his head at his food.

Wilbur took a seat in the middle of Niki and I which made me clench my jaw as I played with my corn with my spoon.

NIKI:
"I had no idea things were going around about you, Y/N. I'm sorry." She frowned, "If it makes you feel better, I'm a virgin too."

Wilbur snorted as he drank his water. Nick rolled his tongue over the inside of his cheek while glaring at him.

NICK:
"Snorting drugs over there? Or bullshit—"

Clay nudged Nick in his rib while I sighed with a frown.

WILBUR:
"Nope. Not everyone's like your father, Nick."

My expression dropped as Nick clenched his jaw tightly. He was about to do something when he looked at me. He sighed while shaking his head then pushed his tray forward, got up and stormed out of the cafeteria.

NIKI:
"Wilbur, why'd you say that?" She frowned while squishing her eyebrows together.

WILBUR:
"It was a joke, darling. It's not my fault he can't take it." He shrugged.

I sighed angrily while glaring at Wilbur then got up and chased after Nick. When I left the cafeteria, I shot my head to the left and right. That's when I saw him through the window outside, leaning against the brick wall while staring at his shoes.

I frowned then walked to him. I pushed open the door lightly, his eyes immediately shot up to meet mine, making him direct his gaze back to his shoes. I let the door shut behind me.

Y/N:
"Don't let what he said get to you."

NICK:
"How can I not...he's right after all..." he said lowly as he took a seat on the concrete.

I took a seat next to him as I sat cross cross.

Y/N:
"It doesn't mean anything...Wilbur's just an arrogant jerk who only cares about himself."

NICK:
"It's still true..." he said quietly while looking at his shoes, "I didn't tell you guys but...the other night...he got really drunk and...he cried in my arms..."

My frown deepened as I immediately held his hand. He squeezed it lightly while swallowing hard.

NICK:
"He misses her..." he nodded, "I do too..."

I sighed.

Y/N:
"You should call her..."

NICK:
"No, I can't do that..." he shook his head, "She's got this whole other family to deal with...she's happy with them...I doubt she'd wanna talk to the accident..."

Slight tears formed in his eyes as he looked away from me. I leaned my head on his shoulder while wrapping my arm around his.

Y/N:
"I'm glad you were an accident...because if you never happened, then I wouldn't be happy." I sadly smiled.