Chapter 57 • Past

❥Warning:
Includes strong language, blood & death.

-Y/N's POV-
Once Nick and I went back to History, we took our seats in the back then Mr. Cohen began teaching.

MR. COHEN:
"Alright everyone, today we're going to begin a new project. Your assignment is to get in groups of 2 and pick an event in time that was the most fascinating to you." He adjusted his glasses with a smile.

I raised my hand quickly and his eyes fell to me.

MR. COHEN:
"Yes Y/N?"

Y/N:
"Are we allowed to pick our partners?"

MR. COHEN:
"Of course." He nodded.

I turned my head to Nick and smiled widely.

Y/N:
"I choose you." I whispered.

Nick's eyes widened as his cheeks became very red very fast. After a good few seconds of processing what I said, he spoke while blinking slowly.

NICK:
"O—okay..."

I smiled at him then looked back at Mr. Cohen.

MR. COHEN:
"Alright, I'll pass out the requirements sheet then we'll make our way down to the computer lab to start our research."

Mr. Cohen turned around and grabbed the stack of papers then began counting them to pass down the rows.

I turned to Nick.

Y/N:
"So, what do you want event do you wanna research?"

NICK:
"No idea." He raised his eyebrows.

Y/N:
"I'm excited." I giggled.

NICK:
"Really?" He laughed.

Y/N:
"Yeah, this sounds exciting."

NICK:
"Anything involving homework isn't exciting." He chuckled.

Y/N:
"I like History, sue me." I joked.

Nick rolled his eyes with a smile.

Once class was over, the bell rung. When it did, Nick followed me to French. The two of us walked side by side down the halls.

Y/N:
"So, how's work going?" I turned my head to him.

NICK:
"It's going okay." He shrugged, "I'm usually exhausted by the end of the day so I just sleep."

Y/N:
"And...other things?"

His eyes fell to the tiles.

NICK:
"Um...they're going okay too I guess..."

I stopped walking and immediately wrapped my arms around his neck, hugging him. Nick's eyebrows rose as he slowly wrapped his arms around my waist, hugging me back.

NICK:
"Are you okay?"

Y/N:
"Yeah just...felt like we haven't seen a lot of each other I guess...I just...miss you..."

Nick's lips curled up as he squeezed me a little. Then we split apart but still held onto each other.

NICK:
"Well...you're happy...right?" He lightly smiled.

My eyes fell to the tile to as my lips curled down a little. Suddenly, the final bell rung, making me let go of him.

Y/N:
"I'll see you later." I lightly smiled then walked away to the classroom, leaving him behind.

I took a deep breath and entered the classroom to see Wilbur sitting down at his desk. He was messing with his fingers with a deepened frown, glaring at his hands, all with a black eye and a cut lip. My eyebrows rose as my eyes widened a little at him.