Chapter 27 • Numb

❥Warning:
Includes strong language.

-Y/N's POV-
My alarm blared, making me groan as my eyes fluttered open slowly. I hit snooze and headed back to bed.

Those 9 minutes went by in one minute it felt like, making me groan loudly in annoyance.

After hitting snooze 2 more times, I finally caved in and got up.

I took a quick shower, blow dried then curled my hair, put on makeup and got dressed.

You wore this:

Once I was done getting ready, I ruffled out my hair in the mirror with a sigh, not ready to face my best friends after this weekends events

I walked downstairs and met with my parents.

MOM:
"Morning sweetie." She smiled at me.

Y/N:
"Morning."

DAD:
"Are you feeling any better?" He frowned.

Y/N:
"Yeah." I nodded.

DAD:
"Good." He smiled.

Y/N:
"I'll see you guys later." I strolled over to the door.

MOM:
"Be safe please."

Y/N:
"I will."

DAD:
"Love you monkey!" He waved.

MOM:
"Love you."

Y/N:
"Love you guys." I waved back then left the house, shutting the door behind me.

Once I saw Clay's white car, I sighed nervously to myself then jogged over and hopped in, setting my backpack down on the floor.

I didn't meet their gaze as I kept silent, I didn't really feel like talking. I shut the door and buckled myself up, still without a word.

I heard Clay sigh nervously as he took off.

For the whole ride, the 4 of us kept silent as I kept my head facing the window.

When we made it to the school, I hopped out of the car, swinging my backpack over my shoulder then shut the door. I didn't wait for them to walk with me this time, I just started walking away from them with a frown.

I actually made it to Chemistry early. I strolled into the classroom with my head down, gripping my backpack. Then I took my seat near the window and set my backpack down as I got out my homework from Friday.

A few minutes later, Clay sat down next to me in his spot. I didn't move my eyes from my paper.

For the whole class, I ignored him. With what happened yesterday, them freezing and not doing anything when I was almost dying, and the fact that Nicole wasn't gonna be around for a while, it made me feel numb in a way. I didn't feel like talking at all, to anyone.