Chapter 56 • Rumors

❥Warning:
Includes strong language.

-Y/N's POV-
I stormed off down the hallways and soon, heard footsteps running behind me.

CLAY:
"Y/N—Y/N—"

I turned around while glaring hard at him.

CLAY:
"That was awesome." He laughed.

Y/N:
"Glad you enjoyed the show." I nodded then turned to walk away when he grabbed my arm lightly.

CLAY:
"Hey, what's wrong?"

Y/N:
"What's wrong??" I raise my voice as tears start to form in my eyes, "What's wrong is this, Clay—"

I pointed to my neck. His eyebrows squished together as he frowned.

Y/N:
"Now thanks to this stupid burn, everyone's gonna talk—"

CLAY:
"So?"

I scoffed.

Y/N:
"So everyone's gonna assume we slept together when we didn't!"

Clay looked off to the side while looking deep in thought.

CLAY:
"Well...is that such a bad thing if they think that I was your first...?" He looked nervously at me.

My shoulders dropped as I glared harder at him.

Y/N:
"What...?"

CLAY:
"I—I mean...would you rather get made fun of for being a virgin or for having your first time be with me...?"

I nodded while narrowing my eyes at him.

Y/N:
"I see now...you don't care about what happens to me...you like that these rumors are going around so your ego can grow." I stepped closer to him.

He shut his eyes with a sigh.

CLAY:
"No Y/N that's not—"

Y/N:
"Yeah it is. I bet everyone on the football team is gonna pat your back and praise you that you took a virginity...and you're probably gonna say it's true because we all know how big your ego can be." I spat while getting close to his face.

Clay swallowed hard as his expression fell.

CLAY:
"I don't play around when it comes to you, Y/N and you know that..."

I clenched my jaw.

Y/N:
"Just leave me alone today, okay...? I don't wanna feed the rumors more...I'd rather get made fun of for my beliefs than for something that isn't true."

Clay nodded slowly while slightly glaring at the lockers. Before he could say anything, I turned around and walked away while gripping my backpack strap.

I ended up going to the roof to get away again. I sat down, took a deep breath then grabbed my headphones from my bag and put them over my ears. I opened my Spotify and blasted my favorite song. Once I did, I moved my backpack behind me and used it as a pillow as I held myself with a sigh.

I decided I wouldn't go to class until third period to avoid Mr. Jay, along with everyone else.

-GEORGE's POV-
Once the bell rung, it was time for Math with Mr. Jay. On the way, my phone vibrated in my pocket. I jerked my head down and took my phone out to see a text from Nick.

NICK:
Clay text you yet?

I sighed while clenching my jaw and texted back.

GEORGE:
No
Do you think he abandoned Y/N too or just us?

Suddenly, someone bumped into my shoulder, making my eyes widen and my head jerk up.

QUACKITY:
"Aye, sorry George."