Chapter 102 • Anxiety

❥Warning:
Includes strong language.

-Y/N's POV-
My alarm woke me up early on Tuesday morning. When my eyes opened, I shut off my alarm then got up and got ready for the day to distract from my thoughts.

After splashing on some makeup, I curled my hair then tied it up in a ponytail. I let some loose strands of hair shape my face, then moved on to getting dressed.

You wore this:

Once I was fully ready for the day, I went downstairs and was met with a surprise

Once I was fully ready for the day, I went downstairs and was met with a surprise. My eyes widened at the scene ahead of me. Standing in the kitchen, speaking to my parents, was Wilbur.

When he met my eyes, he smiled at me.

Y/N:
"Um...what's going on?" My eyebrows squished together.

WILBUR:
"It's a long story, but, I'm here to take us to school." He lightly smiled at me.

Y/N:
"Um...what about my friends...?" I crossed my arms.

WILBUR:
"Clay is helping George with something, and Nick was busy." He raised his eyebrows, "We should get going."

MOM:
"Love you, sweetie." She smiled.

DAD:
"Love you, monkey." He waved.

NICOLE:
"Have fun." She grinned.

I gave them unsettling glances as Wilbur and I walked out the front door. I felt like something was wrong. Once the door shut, I shot my gaze to Wilbur.

Y/N:
"What'd you do to them?" I spoke seriously.

WILBUR:
"I didn't do anything. Clay texted me this morning and told me to pick you up since he couldn't. I can show you the text if you don't believe me." He shrugged while taking out his phone.

Since I didn't believe him, I waited for him to show me the text. Weirdly, it was there.

CLAY:
Hey dickface
Drive Y/N to school today
Something came up
Her address is xxx
Text me when you guys get to school safely

While reading the text, it left me confused. What could have come up this early in the morning?

WILBUR:
"So, excited about our date tonight?" He grinned while slipping his phone into his pocket.

Y/N:
"Huh?" I shot my head up to meet his eyes.

WILBUR:
"Oh first date is tonight. Did you forget?"

Y/N:
"No...no, just, had some things on my mind." I swallowed hard.

Once I saw his black car, I stopped walking as my eyes widened. The memories started to come back of that night.

Wilbur noticed my tense stance, so he held my hand while looking down at me.

WILBUR:
"I'll drive safe, don't worry. I won't let anything happen to you." He spoke softly.