Chapter 60 • Loved

❥Warning:
Includes strong language.

-Y/N's POV-
The car ride home was silent. I kept exchanging nervous glances with George which made me blush after remembering our kisses.

When Clay dropped me off first, I hopped out of the car with my backpack around my shoulder.

Y/N:
"Thanks for the ride." I lightly smiled while Clay nodded.

When I shut the door, Clay took off. I breathed out then looked at my house. I shortly remembered what happened with Wilbur. I knew I needed to make things right with my sister now.

I took a deep breath and opened the front door to see my living room filled with boxes, making my eyebrows squish together.

Y/N:
"Mom?" I called out.

Soon, my mom came downstairs while holding another cardboard box.

MOM:
"Hi sweetie." She smiled.

Y/N:
"What's with the boxes?" I set my backpack down near the door.

Suddenly, Nicole walked up to us from the kitchen.

NICOLE:
"I'm moving out." She raised her eyebrows.

My expression fell as my eyes widened a little. Disappointment and regret settled into my chest, making my heart feel heavy.

Y/N:
"What...?"

NICOLE:
"I'm gonna move in with Emmeline. I leave today..." She slightly glared at me then went upstairs.

My shoulders dropped as I clenched my jaw, staring at the floor.

MOM:
"Are you okay sweetie?" She set the box down on top of another.

I met her eyes while nodding slowly. Then I grabbed my backpack off the floor and walked upstairs to my room.

When I made it to my room, I shut the door then set my bag down next to my dresser.

I couldn't help but feel guilty.

"Nicole is probably moving out because of me. If I forgave her instead of acting stubborn, maybe she wouldn't be leaving." I thought with a frown.

I breathed out nervously while plopping down on my bed. My thoughts shortly shifted to George. I remembered our kiss from today, making me slowly raise my hand and touch my lips.

I shut my eyes and ran my hands over my face with a groan.

"God, why can't things just go back to normal...?" I thought.

-GEORGE's POV-
Right when Y/N shut her door, Clay took off and drove faster than normal. I sighed nervously while staring at him.

GEORGE:
"You saw didn't you...?" I asked quietly.

He was silent for a moment.

CLAY:
"What do you think?" He spoke lowly while staring at the road.

GEORGE:
"Look, she only kissed me because she was trying to stop me from a panic attack."

Clay scoffed.

CLAY:
"Yeah right...using the same excuse that made you kiss her the first time. Like I'm supposed to believe that..."

GEORGE:
"You can ask Y/N if you want." I raised my eyebrows while sitting back in the seat.

CLAY:
"It must feel so great to be the one she chose, huh?" He turned the wheel then let it go, turning into the next street.

GEORGE:
"What?" My eyebrows squished together, "She never chose me."

CLAY:
"You're the first one she kissed George. She chose to kiss you and not us so...that means she chose you."