Chapter 80 • Jealousy

❥Warning:
Includes strong language.

-Y/N's POV-
Once I got off the roof, I made my way to Chemistry. Since I wanted to tell Clay in private, unfortunately I had to wait for a good time.

When I opened the classroom door, everyone immediately stared at me.

Y/N:
"Sorry I'm late."

Ms. Erikson nodded in understanding then glanced at Clay for a moment and began teaching again while I took my seat next to him.

For most of the lesson, Clay stared at me, I pretended not to notice. I could tell he was curious about what I had to tell George in private.

After the bell rang, everyone packed up their belongings and scattered.

CLAY:
"Hey, could I talk to you about something?"

I raised my eyebrows.

Y/N:
"Yeah, sure."

CLAY:
"Okay um...George has kind of been staying at my place lately and...I've seen his mom in his room and she's been...depressed that he's not there anymore..." He looked nervously at me.

Y/N:
"Oh...she's actually been home?"

CLAY:
"Yeah, I don't think she's gone to work since she found out he left..." He frowned, "I haven't told George about this cause I don't know what to do..."

I sighed as my lips curled down.

Y/N:
"Well...maybe if he knows that his mom misses him, maybe he'll go home and work things out." I shrugged, "I think you should tell him and have him decide."

He nodded slowly.

CLAY:
"I'll do that...also um...what were you two talking about earlier?"

I raised my eyebrows, not surprised that he'd ask that.

Y/N:
"Um...well—"

Suddenly, the bell rung, making me sigh in relief actually.

Y/N:
"I'll tell you later." I lightly smiled then immediately left, pushing the door open.

I didn't know why but for some reason, telling Clay would be a lot harder than the others and I was holding back. I wasn't sure if it was just because he'd be 100x more jealous and that would be annoying but, something was holding me back from telling him.

But, I've kept it a secret this long, I need to tell him today.

On the way to Math, I turned the corner and bumped into someone. I looked up and saw it was Wilbur.

"Of course." I thought with a light smile.

Y/N:
"Sorry."

WILBUR:
"It's okay." He lightly smiled back.

I nodded awkwardly then walked away.

-WILBUR's POV-
I sighed when she walked away then felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. I took it out to see a text message from Floris.

FLORIS:
Yo there's a party tonight come w me

WILBUR:
Alright

"Another party, another drink, another way to deal with the girl who got away." I thought with a sigh then walked away.

-Y/N's POV-
Math went by pretty fast just like Chemistry. I didn't tell George about his mom since it was right that Clay told him instead. So, the two of us spent Math class staring at each other and blushing.

Once it was over, we said our goodbyes and split apart to go to our next classes.

When I made it to History, my eyes fell to Nick in his seat. I instantly smiled and jogged to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him.