Chapter 38 • Flower

❥Warning:
Includes strong language.

-Y/N's POV-
My parents ended up driving down the next town over to see me and Nicole in the hospital. Once they spoke to Nicole, they spoke to me, all with me still holding onto my friends.

My mom examined my neck wound with tears in her eyes.

MOM:
"Do you feel okay? Besides the obvious."

I nodded slowly while staring at the sheet.

Even if my parents said sorry to me, I'd still know in the back of my mind that when they thought it was my fault Nicole died, they left me to handle it alone.

I was upstairs in the room, feeling guilty and broken and all they did was be there for themselves. They didn't comfort me, or be there for me or spoke to me. They ignored me when I was at my lowest.

It showed me that if I did anything to hurt them or Nicole...they wouldn't love me...

Things weren't the same anymore.

MOM:
"Your fathers with Nicole. She told us what happened." She frowned.

My eyes stayed glued to the sheet as I grasped tighter onto Clay, still without saying a word.

MOM:
"Talk to me sweetie, what're you thinking?"

I clenched my jaw then slowly met her eyes.

Y/N:
"When you thought Nicole's death was my fault..." I swallowed hard, "You weren't there for me...I was by myself suffering but...you weren't there..."

My mom's frown deepened as her eyes fell to the floor. She sighed.

MOM:
"I'm sorry..."

I messed with Clay's fingers in my lap.

MOM:
"I was just upset and...I didn't think about you in the moment, when I should have..." she nodded, "I'm sorry..."

I kept silent while keeping my gaze.

MOM:
"I'll go get you some ice cream from the cafeteria..." she lightly smiled then left, shutting the door behind her.

Tears rose in my eyes as I watched her leave. Then my eyes fell back to my lap.

Y/N:
"You guys were the only ones there for me..." I spoke quietly with a frown, "And in return, I say that I hate you when that couldn't be farther from the truth..."

They all exchanged sad glances at each other.

Y/N:
"I hate myself for making you think I could ever..." I spoke lowly while clenching my jaw, "I hate myself for making you guys feel that way..."

CLAY:
"Y/N, it's okay. We know you could never hate us." He rubbed my arm.

I released a shaky breath as my tears collapsed to the sheet.

Y/N:
"I wanna go home..." my voice cracked.

NICK:
"Y/N, you should rest here."

Y/N:
"No...I wanna go home..." my lip quivered while staring at Nick with my blurry vision, "I can rest at home...please...I want you guys to take me home and I want you to be there with me...all I want is you guys there with me, making everything better like you always do...please..."

They exchanged glances with each other then Clay nervously sighed with a nod.

CLAY:
"Okay. I'll go tell your parents you're leaving." He tried getting up, making me pout immediately.

He noticed as his eyebrows rose. Then he exchanged a glance with the other two.

CLAY:
"George and Nick will be here with you. I won't be long." He lightly smiled, making me nod.