Chapter 49 • Locker

❥Warning:
Includes strong language.

-Y/N's POV-
Minx's eyes widened as she gave George a glare.

GEORGE:
"You let go of her, and I'll let go of you." He narrowed his eyes at her while clenching his jaw.

MINX:
"You wouldn't hit a girl." She scoffed then let me go, making George's grip on her wrist slip, "She's not worth messing up my nails anyways."

I swallowed hard at Minx as she left. Once she did, I released the breath I was holding. George offered me his hand and I took it.

When he pulled me up to my feet, our faces became inches apart by accident, making both of our eyes widen as we backed away.

Y/N:
"T—thanks for the help..." I looked nervously at him.

George nodded awkwardly then turned around to leave when I spoke.

Y/N:
"George wait—" I held my hand out.

He sighed then turned around to face me.

Y/N:
"How could you not tell me Mr. Jay was back...??"

George swallowed hard while looking away from me.

Y/N:
"I thought you were my friend..."

GEORGE:
"Yeah and that's all we are..." he mumbled under his breath.

Y/N:
"George..." I sighed.

GEORGE:
"Y/N..." He placed his hands in his pockets, "I'm sorry for not telling you I just...I don't know where to go from here, okay...?"

Y/N:
"Back to normal..."

George ran his hand through his hair while sighing.

Y/N:
"Can we do that...? Get back to normal...?" I asked quietly with a frown.

After contemplating for a few moments, he nodded slowly.

GEORGE:
"Fine...normal..." he clenched his jaw while staring at me.

I gulped nervously then I walked to him slowly.

Y/N:
"Can we hug...? I could use one after this day..."

George's lips slowly curled up as he nodded. I didn't waste a second and jumped into his arms and hugged him tightly.

He giggled while wrapping his arms around my waist, hugging me back tightly with his cute smile.

While we hugged for a few moments, I heard the gym door open.

QUACKITY:
"Ayo take her out to dinner first." I heard him grin.

George and I shortly split apart to meet eyes with the short black haired kid.

GEORGE:
"Bad timing, Quackity."

My eyebrows squished together.

Y/N:
"Your name is Quackity?"

GEORGE:
"No, he just likes it better than his actual name."

Y/N:
"Oh, well I'm Y/N, nice to meet you." I held my hand out with a smile.

QUACKITY:
"Ayo mamacita is fine!" He smiled widely as he shook my hand, making George scoff.

Suddenly, the bell rung, it was time for History class.

Y/N:
"We should get to class. Nice meeting you, Quackity." I smiled while picking up my backpack.

QUACKITY:
"You too mamacita." He grinned while saluting me, making me laugh.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw George push Quackity's shoulder while rolling his eyes. Leaving a very confused Quackity alone in the gym.

I made my way shortly to History. When I arrived, I walked to the back seat to bop Nick's head.

Y/N:
"Hey hubby." I smiled.

Nick's eyes lit up as he giggled with a blush.

NICK:
"Hey wifey."

Y/N:
"Good news, George and I made up."

Nick's eyebrows rose.

NICK:
"Oh, that's great."

Y/N:
"Yep."

NICK:
"Guess what? Clubs start today." He smiled.

Y/N:
"I know! I'm so excited." I smiled back.

Soon, Mr. Cohen entered the room and began teaching, making me and Nick quiet down. In the middle of the lesson, Jack entered the room, widening my eyes.

JACK:
"Sorry, is this History?"

MR. COHEN:
"Yes, you're Jack Manifold?"

JACK:
"The very so." He smiled in pride.

MR. COHEN:
"Welcome." He smiled back, "You can sit wherever you'd like."

JACK:
"Nice." He nodded then walked down the rows until his eyes landed on me.

Jack chuckled while shaking his head then took the empty seat to the right of me.

JACK:
"Are you stalking me?" He grinned.

Y/N:
"I could ask the same thing to you." I laughed.

NICK:
"Hey Jack." He lightly smiled.

JACK:
"Oh hey." He returned the smile.

Shortly, Mr. Cohen began teaching again. The class went by fast like usual and now it was time for French with Niki and Wilbur, which I wasn't looking forward to at all.

When class was over, I packed up my belongings and met eyes with Jack.

Y/N:
"So stalker, what class do you have next?" I joked.

Jack laughed while shaking his head.

JACK:
"English."

Y/N:
"Good, so you're not completely stalking me. I have French."

JACK:
"Oui oui." He spoke in his best French accent, making me laugh.

Nick sighed with a frown then left the room.

Y/N:
"Hey, you should totally have lunch with me and my friends today."

JACK:
"Good because I know no one here." He smiled, "You wouldn't let the person who saved your life eat in the janitors closet, would you?"

Y/N:
"Of course not."

Jack smiled then the two of us left the classroom together and parted ways.

When I made it to French, I took a deep breath then entered to see Niki doodling in her notebook, lost in thought. Meanwhile, Wilbur was on his phone smiling against the wall.

I sat down next to Niki in my seat then opened my notebook. I grabbed a pencil from my bag and began writing it down.

Niki,

Minx and Wilbur are hooking up behind your back. Thought you should know.

(Y/I)

Our teacher soon entered the room with her books in her hands.

TEACHER:
"Settle down."

As everyone began taking their seats, I ripped out the page from my notebook and folded the paper. Then I looked at Niki and raised my hand.

Y/N:
"Could I use the bathroom real quick, Ms?"

My teacher sighed.

TEACHER:
"Hurry." She waved to the door.

I nodded and left quickly.

Strolling through the hallways, I stopped until I reached Niki's locker. I released a breath then slipped the note in.

After that, I made my way back to the class.

❥ A/N: Sorry for the later/short chapter and thank you so much for 7K reads!!💗

❥Thanks for reading!
Final word count: 1056