Chapter 54 • Distraction

❥Warning:
Includes strong language.

-Y/N's POV-
Clay and I stayed in each other's embrace until he felt better. The whole time, we watched the clouds and tried making things out of them.

Y/N:
"There's a dog!" I pointed at the sky with a smile.

CLAY:
"No, it's a cat." He chuckled.

Y/N:
"You're just saying that cause you're a cat person. You're seeing what you wanna see." I joked.

Clay wheezed.

CLAY:
"Yeah I guess you're right."

Y/N:
"You've wanted a cat since forever. Why don't you get one?"

CLAY:
"Cause, my mom's got enough on her plate. I would have to take care of the cat."

Y/N:
"Okay so take care of the cat." I smiled while squishing my eyebrows together.

CLAY:
"But that's so much work."

I laughed while shaking my head.

Y/N:
"One day, I'm gonna get you a cat. We can raise it together since you're lazy."

Clay's eyes widened as his expression fell.

CLAY:
"Y—you wanna raise a cat...with—with me...?" He asked quietly.

Y/N:
"Yeah it could be fun." I met his gaze, "Unless someone's too lazy."

CLAY:
"N—no, I'll do it with you...someday, maybe..." his cheeks shined bright red.

Y/N:
"Good."

Clay looked around then sighed.

CLAY:
"We should get going." He stood up then opened his hands to help me up.

I grabbed his hands and he pulled me up to my feet. When he did, our faces became inches apart, making both of our cheeks heat up.

Without thinking, I slowly raised my hand to cup his cheek, then I kissed his blush, making him gasp lightly as his eyes widened. Then I looked into his eyes while rubbing his heated cheek.

Y/N:
"Everything will be okay..." I sadly smiled.

Clay's eyes softened as his lips curled up.

CLAY:
"Everything will be okay..." He repeated to himself.

Then he rested his forehead against mine, making my stomach feel weird, like butterflies were flying in it.

A few moments later, he split apart from me while rubbing my knuckles.

CLAY:
"Let's go."

I nodded with a smile then the two of us walked to his car hand and hand.

Throughout the drive, my thoughts trailed to the day at school I've had. Then I remembered something.

Mr. Jay was alive and still at the school.

My eyes widened as my heart beat picked up.

Y/N:
"C—Clay..." I looked nervously at him.

CLAY:
"Yeah?" His eyebrows squished together as he met my eyes.

Y/N:
"Mr. Jay was at school today..."

Clay's eyes widened as he quickly hit the breaks and stopped the car, making me gasp as my head jerked a little.