Chapter 16 • Tutor

❥Warning:
Includes strong language.

-Y/N's POV-
At the end of the day, I walked to the library to study with George and Mr. Jay. When I arrived, I was alone. I decided to take a seat and set my bag down beside me. I grabbed my math notes and assignments and laid them down on the table along with a mechanical pencil.

George entered a little after that and took a seat beside me.

Y/N:
"Hey."

GEORGE:
"Hey. Mr. Jay here yet?" He sat down then set his backpack to the side of the chair.

Y/N:
"Nope, just us." I scanned the empty library.

GEORGE:
"Good. So now you can tell me why you spread a rumor about you and Wilbur." He raised his eyebrows.

My eyes widened as my heart dropped.

Y/N:
"W—what?"

GEORGE:
"I'm not an idiot, Y/N. You wouldn't cave in that easily, especially to an idiot like Wilbur. I know that you want your first to be with someone you care about and who cares about you so again, why'd you make up the lie?"

I sighed nervously, giving in.

Y/N:
"Because—Wilbur said some things about me yesterday and he got under my skin, I'll admit it. So, since I wasn't holding back yesterday, I decided to get even with him and tell the whole school a lie. I—I told him that if he leaves us alone then I'll tell everyone I lied."

GEORGE:
"What'd he say?" He leaned his arms on the table.

Y/N:
"He didn't say anything yet because he got sent home."

GEORGE:
"Okay well, why did you have to lie to us? Those two idiots believed you but I knew better." He rolled his eyes.

Y/N:
"I'm sorry for lying to you guys it's just, I needed your reactions. Otherwise, people wouldn't have believed me."

He nodded at the table while looking deep in thought.

Y/N:
"Please don't tell the others I lied, okay? I'll tell them once Wilbur agrees to our deal."

George bit his lip as he looked focused at the table.

Suddenly, Mr. Jay walked in with his books.

MR. JAY:
"Sorry I'm late." He sat down across from us, "Let's get started."

I exchanged a glance at George then we began the tutoring session.

After a little over an hour, the session was over. Mr. Jay closed his book.

MR. JAY:
"Good job today guys. Let's regroup tomorrow."

We both nodded and began putting our things back in our backpacks. Mr. Jay waved a final bye to us then left, shutting the library door behind him.

I looked at George.

Y/N:
"Are you mad at me?" I frowned.

He sighed as he glared slightly at his backpack.

GEORGE:
"No I just...don't like being lied to."

Y/N:
"I won't lie again, I promise. I just wanted to get Wilbur back and have him get off our backs."

GEORGE:
"Yeah but, when you confess, everyone's gonna be mad at you that you lied." He frowned while looking at me finally.

Y/N:
"Well again, it was worth it. Besides, this is our last year of high school. Only one more year and we'll have these idiots off our backs." I swung my backpack over my shoulder.