Chapter 136 • Mine

❥Warning:
Includes strong language.

-Y/N's POV-
Helping Hands Club was now the highlight of my whole week. I loved helping out the little kiddos, and seeing Nick talk to them was surreal. It made me daydream about our potential future together.

Sadly, the club ended after an hour, and we were sent back to our high school on the same bus. On the ride there, Nick and I exchanged funny stories that happened today with the children.

Once we were back at the school, 30 minutes later, we decided to walk to Nick's house and talk on the way, all while a breeze flew through our hair. Hand in hand, my hubby and I strolled down the streets.

NICK:
"Could I ask you something?"

Y/N:
"Sure." I smiled at him.

NICK:
"What um...what made you want to make out with me yesterday and today? I mean, I'm definitely not complaining, but...you've never wanted to do that before. I—I just don't want you doing something because you think I'd like it."

Y/N:
"Well first things first, have you looked in the mirror? You're hot as fuck and now that we finally know our feelings for each other after all this time, it feels great to not hold back. Like, when you were with Audrey, I was hella jealous, I was just hiding it."

NICK:
"Really?" He raised his eyebrows in surprise.

Y/N:
"Yeah. I knew she wasn't good enough for you and, I told you before that I didn't want to hold back and now that everyone's getting along, now I don't have to anymore." I blushed, "I'm growing up anyway. I don't want to treat y'all like a middle school relationship where you just hold hands and give peck kisses."

I laughed. Nick nodded slowly while thinking.

NICK:
"You don't seem like you're afraid of growing up anymore."

Y/N:
"Oh trust me, I am." I chuckled, "But...it's less scary knowing that I'm getting closer every day to marrying one of you. I mean...imagine if we got married. We could get married in the forest where we carved our initials...there could be light pink rose petals down the aisle on the grass...it would be perfect..."

I blushed furiously with a smile while Nick looked at me in shock with tinted scarlet cheeks. I couldn't help but giggle at his expression.

NICK:
"Y—You've thought about what our wedding would be...?" He asked quietly.

Y/N:
"Yeah. What do you think I do in class? Pay attention?" I joked, making him huff out a smile.

NICK:
"So...if you did somehow pick me..." He started, "You know what our life would be like?"

Y/N:
"Yeah..." I nodded with a bigger smile, "Seeing you today with those kids was surreal...it melted my heart and...I'd like to think that in the future, if we ended up together...we'd have a son."

Explaining that made the corners of Nick's eyes fill with slight tears as he sadly smiled at me, squishing his eyebrows together.

Y/N:
"You're going to be a fantastic father one day, Nick...whether that future is with me or not...I can't wait to see that..." I sadly smiled back at him.

Nick squeezed my hand and pressed his lips together, being overwhelmed with wholesomeness.

Y/N:
"I know I always say that I miss you when we haven't hung out in a while, but, I mean it every time...I know you hold back a lot when it comes to them, I know you put Clay and George first, and I admire you for that, but...don't be afraid to ask to hang out one on one sometimes. Cause trust me, it makes my day when you do."