Chapter 1 • Childhood

❥Warning:
None.

-Y/N's POV-
I've always loved going to the park. The swing sets were my favorite thing to do. I always felt so free, so light as a feather. As the breeze splashed my face, here I was, up high, feeling content.

The sky faded into a blue and purple sunset now. Most of the kids were gone except for 3 boys on different sides of the park. A light haired one, climbing up on the rope, a darker haired one, on the monkey bars and a medium haired one, playing with the wood chips, attempting to make something out of it.

I yawned slightly, knowing it was time to go home and sleep. My sneakers slid against the wood chips, slowing myself down. I scanned the park, attempting to find my mother. I began to feel a tingling in my chest when I realized I couldn't see her anywhere.

Y/N:
"M—Mom?" I asked, trying not to cry.

I ran around the whole park but couldn't see her anywhere. That's when I returned to the swings and sat down against the bar on the wood chips. I held my knees to my chest as I bursted out crying.

-CLAY's POV-
I made it to the top of the rope then hopped down, landing on my knees and fist, in a power ranger pose. I giggled to myself then noticed it was a sunset. As I was about to walk away, my eyes landed on a medium haired boy playing with the wood chips a few feet away from me. My curiosity sparked so I plopped down next to him.

CLAY:
"Hi." I smiled.

NICK:
"Hi." He returned the smile.

CLAY:
"Whatcha building?"

NICK:
"I don't really know." He shrugged as the wood chips fell.

CLAY:
"I'm Clay." I reached my hand out.

He flinched as he gasped lightly. My eyebrows squished together at his reaction.

CLAY:
"What's wrong?"

NICK:
"Nothing..." He frowned while playing with the wood chips again.

Suddenly, I heard a thud along with a cry. The medium haired boy and I shot our heads to the darker haired one on the wood chips with tears streaming down his face.

"He must've fallen off the monkey bars." I thought.

I quickly went to him and kneeled down.

CLAY:
"Hey, you okay?"

He nodded while wiping his tears away, revealing his red knee as he sat up.

CLAY:
"Oh, you're hurt. I can help!" I ran over behind the nearest tree and grabbed my invisible first aid kit.

I returned to the darker haired boy shortly and began inspecting his knee while sitting down next to him.

CLAY:
"I think you're gonna need stitches." I joked after a few moments.

GEORGE:
"What?!" He yelled while I wheezed.

CLAY:
"I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Hey—come help me out here!" I shouted at the medium haired boy.

He jumped again then sighed nervously, walking over to us slowly.

CLAY:
"He hurt his knee. Here," I handed him my imaginary magnifying glass, "Look at the damage."

The medium haired boy lightly smiled as he took the invisble object from me, squinting as he lowered his head at the boys knee.

NICK:
"Looks like you'll live."

CLAY:
"Here's a lollipop for doing so well!" I took a lollipop out of my fake case, "It's cherry!"

The darker haired boy smiled then grabbed the imaginary lollipop from me, licking it.