Waking Up

When you woke up in the regeneration machine, the first things you saw were Cloud and Melody's faces peering in. Both of them gave a bark as you blinked at them. You remembered the pain of the bullet, and them digging it out of you until they gave you a needle that knocked you out. Your brain felt fuzzy, and you put your hand up to where Cloud's face was, but it hit the glass. He licked it.
"You're okay pup" he spoke in your mind. "You gave us a scare"
"We felt like you were dying" Melody added.
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to share my pain. I couldn't focus" you admitted.
"They assembled the team, I believe to tell about your secret" Cloud told you gently.
"I knew they were going to" you gave a soft smile. "I'm okay with it"
"Liar" Melody growled softly.
"It means I have no secrets left, its freeing" you answered telepathically.
"No more misunderstandings pup" Cloud spoke gently.
"I feel like there will always be misunderstandings" you gave a small smile. "How is the pup?"
"He's with Nat" Cloud licked at the glass again.
"I feel much better, I'd like to get out now" you called out loud.
"You're supposed to be healing" Doctor Cho came in and pulled open the glass and you go up on your side so she could check. "It looks like you're done" she gave a soft smile, and helped you stand up. "You've been in here for a good hour. How about you go to your room for a bit" she added gently.
"I need to change" you saw your shirt was cut down the back. You slipped your clothes on and tied the shirt on before making your way out of the lab with Cloud and Melody behind you. You hurried to your room, feeling curious that you hadn't seen anyone. You went into your room and straight to the closet pulling out a fresh set of clothes to wear. You checked your watch and saw it was almost lunch time. You felt a little sore, but you were willing to wait to take your shower. You walked back out with Cloud and Melody behind you. You padded into the dining room and saw no one was there. You gave a sigh and went towards Tony's lab and opened the door and saw the entire team standing there and looking at your last year of hell.

"You're out already, good job" Nat came over with Pup and looked at you expectantly.
"Have you all had enough of a look?" you raised your eyebrows. "You're all late for lunch"
"I'm ordering in pizza" Tony started turning off the screens. "Are you okay?"
"I told you being here wasn't safe" you took Pup from Nat.
"Its safer than where you were" Tony responded easily.
"You've been going through this, all this time and never thought to tell any of us?" Sam asked you suddenly.
"Its called private hell for a reason" you quipped easily and started rocking Pup.
"We are family" Pietro looked at you sadly. "You should have said something princessa"
"How's that bullet hole?" Clint came over and slung his arm over your shoulders leading you back out.
"Healed, but I'm sore and hungry" you spoke matter of factly. "So are the wolves" you added gently.
"You flinching at the rib hits makes more sense now, you realize we will have to beef up your defense a lot more now" Clint continued.
"I know, I get it" you nodded as you got to the kitchen and you started to put together another bottle for Pup before feeding him. You looked to Clint, and he went to the fridge and pulled out the steaks and started cutting them up for you.
"Pizza should be here shortly" Tony came out a few minutes later. "So will Morgan. We are beefing up security at the compound, and getting that washed off out front"
You saw some of the team were looking at you with pity and you had to look away. This was the last thing you wanted.
"Until he gets caught, we will start bringing our meals with us for patrolling" Peter came over and hugged you. You were surprised, but he was gentle and careful not to bother pup who was still eating happily from his bottle. You gave Peter a kiss on top of the head.
"I'll ask the cook to try to remember your dessert" you gave a smirk, knowing it was inevitable.
"I'll take the wolves out after for the bathroom" Nat warned you. "Bruce will come with me, he needs a walk"
"I'm sorry you all had to find out" you finally looked up, tears burning the back of your eyes.
"You're not alone anymore. You haven't been, for a long time" Wanda gave a small smile and came over to touch your cheek. "Once he's in jail, we need to go on a shopping trip to decorate your bedroom more"
"He's never in jail long" you shook your head.
"This was attempted murder, don't be surprised if Shield gets involved and they put him on the raft instead" Tony smirked. "I've been calling in a few favors"
You heard the doorbell ring, and jumped a little. Cloud followed Bucky to the front door who came back a few minutes later with Morgan in tow and they each were carrying several boxes of pizza.
"Are you okay baby girl?" Morgan set down the pizzas and looked at you curiously. "I heard you were shot"
"They did the surgery already, and put me in a machine that heals you up quickly" you answered as he looked you over.
"Doctor Cho is just finishing the report, and has the bullet and fragments for you" Bruce spoke up. "Bruce Banner" he held out his hand.
"Detective Morgan" he shook his hand.
"Was it your idea she kept it from us?" Bucky asked him suddenly.
"No, that's all on Y/N. I wanted you guys to know from the second week she started when he got out of jail again and attacked her with a baseball bat" Morgan gave a sad smile. "I figured she would be better protected by her team"
"She will be now" Clint leaned against the kitchen counter for a moment.
"Are you staying to eat?" Tony asked Morgan as they set out all the pizza boxes across the table.
"No, that cell phone's been going off all day, we've been trying to find a way to ping his co-ordinates" Morgan shook his head. "He knows he shot her, and keeps saying he's coming back to get her"
You cringed and went and sat in the chair beside Clint for a moment. Pup finished his bottle and you set it on the table while he went up into the side of your neck and started nuzzling in again. Clint put a few slices of pizza on your plate for you and you started eating it gratefully while Peter and Pietro sat on your other side.
"I'm going to have a few patrol cars parked out front for the next few days" Morgan warned. "Unless you are willing to get out of town for a few days..." he drifted off looking at you seriously.
"No, she's not going anywhere. This is her home; she's done enough running" Clint spoke up. "I'll let Laura and the kids know something came up, I'm staying too"
"I agree with Clint" Steve nodded his approval. "Enough running, we need to meet this head on"
"I'll go get your reports and the bullet" Bruce got up from the table, looking troubled and came back a few minutes later and handed them to Morgan.
"Be safe baby girl" he waved and hurried out of the building with the evidence.