Scáthach

As soon as you got home from the graveyard. You confronted Myrtle about her theory. What did she mean?

You could now think a little more clearly than you could in the graveyard. The stench of death was nauseating.

Once everyone had taken off their coats and went their separate ways. You followed Myrtle down into the plant room to hear her theory.

You found her standing at a strange instrument. As she moved her hands along it made otherworldly sounds. Almost like alien music they use in films.

"Ahh, y/n." She says, even though her eyes were closed, she could still feel your presence, "I knew you would come"

That was the kind of creepy thing that the evil people say in horror movies before killing their victims but you just brush it off. You didn't need to worry that much. It was just Myrtle.

"Erm. Yes?" You say, not thinking of any better response.

"What is your last name?" She questions intently, her eyes flashing open.

"Y/l/n." You state. "Why?"

"Forgive me. What is your mothers last name?"

"My mother? What does she have to do with this?" You become more confused but that confusion lifts when you realise that your mum did have a strange middle name.

You tell Myrtle this and she gobbles up the information. She wanted more.

"What was it then my dear?" She asks.

"Scàthach" You answer making Myrtle back away. How could a name hurt her?

"H-Holy.." She mumbles. "You are her"

"What do you mean?" You ask demanding answers.

"Are you sure you want to hear this?" She asked.

Part of you didn't want to hear it if it were that bad but part of you was too curious to decline the offer.

"Yes" You say, trying to keep the uncertainty from your voice.

"Y/n." Myrtle whispers in her old voice, "You are the 100th daughter of the first witch ever to have existed upon our earth."

She inhaled deeply as if she was going to emit something catastrophic. You are completely on edge. Your feet are tapping on the floor because of nervousness about what this could mean.

"This means you are automatically the supreme."

"What?" You say stepping backwards.

"Not just any supreme though, not the supreme of this coven." Myrtle says.

"What do you mean?" Your nostrils flare as you want to learn more.

"No. You draw all your power from the past." Myrtle says, "This makes you eligible to all and every power known to mankind."

"What?" You repeat, you weren't sure if it was possible to say anything else. Your eyes began to tear up for no reason. This wasn't right. You wanted to back away from this and run away for ever.

For sure it'd be great to be the supreme of this coven but not the supreme of all supremes. That would be too much. You wouldn't be able to handle the pressure.

"For now.. you need to sleep." Myrtle says walking over to you and resting her hand on your forehead.

At the sense of her touch, you fall to the ground. Entranced in a deep sleep. You felt like you could sleep forever.