The Storyteller

The familiar faces of girls you knew as well as you knew yourself and others with a familiarity of 'I've seen you around'.

You manage a weak grin as you stride from Zoe's help and mingle into the crowd of your friends.

Being around the coven definitely made you more confident and powerful.

"Y/n! It's so good to see you again!" Cordelia exclaims excitedly, rushing towards you and pulling you into a tight hug.

Even though you'd been away barely two days, it felt like longer.

You stay in her embrace for at least ten seconds.

She smelt of rosemary along with a mixture of other herbs that you couldn't name, you were pretty sure that sage was one of them though.

"Nice to see you too." You say, feeling guilty that you had met her enthusiasm with a negative tone.

"What's wrong with Misty and where is Queenie?" She asked, seeing your look of discomfort.

Crap.

Misty really hadn't said anything about what happened after all.

You gulp, the memories of Devil's Night kept slowly releasing in your brain.

You remembered the pain of the others around you.

Surprisingly, you had survived the hotel's traumatic without a scratch, (maybe some mental scars though) but it was the dream that had reduced you to no words.

"I-I have to get something off my chest." You say, sliding down onto one of the chairs at the table.

Glancing at the calendar, you realised you'd been asleep for at least 36 hours. That's quite a lot.

Everyone seemed interested in what you had to tell but you didn't really want to tell them because it might scare them.

It certainly scared you.

"Where do you want me to start?" You ask, you were worried that the dream might slip your mind but how could it? It was too traumatic.

"The moment you left the academy." Cordelia says.

You glance at Misty who was eating quietly in the corner. A single tear ran down her usually cheery face causing you to gulp again.

"It can't be that bad!" Maddison says, she was leaning on the wall but she had pushed herself off and now was walking towards you, "It must be quite hard to scare the great 'omnipotent one"

She was mocking you.

You didn't mind that much, in fact, it was almost comforting that there was a glimpse of normality in your home.

Still, you pushed her back with your mind.

You didn't have time for her messed up antics.

"Sorry.. erm.. where was I?" You ask the others before quickly remembering, "Oh erm, we arrived at the Cortez..."

You continue to tell the story, causing gasps, squeals and sighs from the audience who were watching intently as if it were the latest action movie.

Some even cried when you mentioned Queenie's death. (You did too)

You thought that you were a good storyteller, entrancing the viewers with your every word, but the one thing that you struggled with telling was the horrific dream you'd just had.