The Current Voodoo Queen

You let that sink in.

Another person you knew had died and it cut into your heart, allowing it to splinter into smaller pieces.

Who knows, maybe it made you stronger.

"Who runs this place then?" Zoe pipes up, she had been unusually silent today.

"Erm, I do." The woman says before smiling and holding her hand out to be shaken, "Dinah Stevens."

Cordelia just looks down as if Dinah was lower than her and doesn't shake her hand.

It was a powerful thing to do but you knew that if you were going to get a word out of her, you'd need to be polite.

"Hi! Y/n Y/l/n." You grin, clasping the disappointed woman's unsteady hand and introduce yourself, "Sorry, everyone's a little on edge. Oh and errr, we weren't expecting Marie to be dead."

The woman looked at you if she still wasn't ready to forgive your coven's rudeness.

It would be annoying if you had to remake the peace treaty whatnot.

"It's fine!" The woman says beginning to beam, she was a good actress, you could tell that she didn't like 'your kind'. "Everything's stressful these days."

You decide to play along.

The voodoos would make good allies.

"Isn't it!" You say, you sounded like the mums in the playground at the end of the day.

Dinah gestures you, Cordelia and Zoe to walk into the salon.

Once you've passed the hallway, the building opened up into a quaint little hairdresser's room.

"We don't open Mondays!" Dinah continues, "We would usually have more customers. This is the day we often practice spells."

You were curious about how the voodoos lived because the books hadn't been written in depth since the Voodoos and White Witches had made a pact that basically meant 'You get on with your life and we'll get on with ours, privately.'

"Why?" You ask.

"Oh, Monday is just the day that hairdresser and salons usually shut." Dinah endures, "We don't make the rules."

She let out a light smirk but something about her face made it obvious that she was despising every single second of this mini-tour.

At least she understood that it was worth it,just for the peace treaty.

You just nod and are slightly embarrassed that you missed some obvious things. You really don't want her to think you are dumb.

There was a lot of pressure being the 'omnipotent one' but not any more than a normal person would have.

The current voodoo queen lead you towards a room hidden in the corner of the building, completely cornered off from the actual salon.

The room consisted of wooden panels along the floor and ceiling. There were red markings smeared across the floor and little bottles, that were filled with stuff like mini animal skulls and moss,  lined along the singular shelf on the wall.

"This is the incantation room." Dinah says.

"Awesome." You reply, feeling guilty that you were bored already.

Although, there was a slight thing about the room that peaked your interest.

It had a feeling to it.. like an aura.

"More often than not, we actually use this room to summon the dead." Dinah says, plunging the four of you into yet another complete yet poetic and powerful silence.