Dead or Alive?

On the walk home, you noticed that everyone was looking at you strangely. It was weird since you hadn't done anything wrong.

Myrtle had pushed you in to the centre of attention and you didn't like it. Why were witches so confusing?

You looked behind you to see Queenie and Nan talking about you. You knew they were talking about you because it was in whispers. They weren't going to be saying anything else.

Zoe skipped towards you. "Hey y/n!"

"Hey" You say shortly. You almost felt as if you had motion sickness.

"How do you feel?" She asks.

"I'm fine."  You say, dully.

"You sure?" Zoe didn't believe you.

"What are the seven wonders?" You ask.

"I've heard of them before but never really thought much of them but err, I was reading once and a witch has to perform them to qualify as the next supreme"

"Okay cool"

"Why you asking?" Zoe tilted her head slightly.

"Erm, just wondering" You look to the floor, hoping that Zoe wouldn't realise you were lying. She did though.

"You don't need to lie to me" Zoe says, "You can trust me. It's not like I'm gonna kill you is it?" She smiles in attempt to make the conversation light hearted. She had failed though.

"You won't but someone else might" You say not making eye contact.

"Who?" Zoe asks.

"Not sure," You say, moving your eyes to Zoe's and staring at her. "Promise me you won't tell anyone" You were scared. So was Zoe.

"Promise me"  You asked again.

"I promise y/n" Zoe says.

You sigh and smile weakly. The look on her face was real. You could trust her.

The conversation relaxed a bit before you asked. "Where's Misty?"

"Eh, she probably just went to the swamp again. I heard she doesn't like death."

"You heard?" You say a smile creeping onto your face. It wasn't as if a witch who brought people back to life would actually like death.

Zoe lets out a laugh before looking to the floor.

"Kyle is with Misty" Zoe whispers, "You were right. Thank you."

"It's fine, is that why you brought her to save my life?" You ask.

"Well, I would've brought her anyways" Zoe says smiling, "But yeah, it made me think of it and it turns out she brought you back. Pretty cool right?" She grins.

You laugh, you were actually feeling a little better now.

Friends were totally worth it.

"Do you think Maddison is dead?" You ask her.

"No, well, it won't make sense but sometimes I feel her near." Zoe says. You gave her a confused look.  "I mean, if she's dead, her body is near" Zoe was serious but you couldn't resist saying it.

"Well that's some twisted horror movie shit." Zoe smiled and you smiled too.