Central California

It was the yesterday that Cordelia told you about the 'alpha' and also to pack your bags and get ready to leave since you all were going to the warlocks.

Today, at exactly 11:23, you sat in the same ominous black car and watched the surroundings around you.

The land of central California was more bleak than you expected, deforestation had really kicked in.

And the worst thing was, there wasn't any fairgrounds at all. You thought there would be loads but nooo.

"We're here." Cordelia says, the car skidding to a stop on some yellowy gravel.

As soon as you got out of the car, the sun blinded your eyes. Even though California was colder than New Orleans, it was definitely more exposed.

Not a single cloud hung in the baby-blue sky which made the sun beat down horrendously onto your skin.

You move your eyes to the strange shaped spiral that had been built in the centre of all the gravel.

"This is a weird place" You could hear Zoe's thoughts bouncing around on the walls of her head.

You thought the exact same.

Cordelia took a step towards the spiral, making you and Zoe obliged to do the same.

Sometimes it annoyed you that Cordelia was less powerful than you but she was regarded as more just because she was an adult.

Still, you walked behind her in a triangular formation as you approached the spiral.

What you hadn't noticed before was that a small man was standing at the centre of the spiral's opening.

He must be a warlock.

"Greetings." He says kindly as you come closer and closer to the strange piece of artwork.

You were pretty sure that the whole school wasn't just the spiral so you assume they've built underground. Awesome.

"Hi!" You say enthusiastically to the strange man, "I'm Y/n"

"Ah, Y/n, I've heard about you." He says a little distastefully.

"What?"

"The school you burnt down."

Ouch.

You got a sudden pang in your chest as the guilt blossomed. You had completely forgotten about that yet again. But that just made you more guilty.

You hated the fact that you had killed before and it made you want to die along with some of the innocent people you had burnt.

"But, I've heard some good stories too." The man continues, snapping you out of the burning trance you were stuck in.

"Like what?" You ask, excited to see what the warlocks were gossiping about.

"Like how you are supposed to be the'omnipotent one'"

"Yes. She is. Can we continue." Cordelia cuts you off before you even opened your mouth.

You didn't mind.

You didn't need a forty year old man to judge you.

"Can we please go inside?" Cordelia asks, stunning the man with her newfound confidence.

I guess she just knew that a warlock could never beat a witch.

"Sure." The man says, although he was thinking something completely different.

"Stupid fucking witches"

And that was that, he lead you all down into the trapdoor that rested in the centre of the spiral and led you down into the unknown depth of the Hawthorn School For Exceptional Young Men.