Invulnerability

Invulnerability is considered one of the hardest of the wonders. What the books have failed to mention clearly is that the only way to test if it worked is to stab yourself in the heart with a stake.

That's where the vampire myth came from.

Once you had washed the blood from yourself. The others had given you an extra half an hour to prepare yourself for the next task.

Again, you were petrified.

You had spent a lot of your designated time studying on your bed and repeating the words in your head that made you invulnerable.

Nil nocuerunt mihi. Nil nocuerunt mihi. Nil nocuerunt mihi.

It basically meant 'nothing can hurt me' in Latin.

"Y/n. We are ready for you." Myrtle says, pushing open the door of your room and startling you.

"Cool." You say.

"Don't worry y/n! You have got this!" Myrtle says as she grabs your hand and you defend the stairs.

When you were downstairs, you noticed the room was alight with candles and everyone was wearing white. Strange for witches but you just bypass it.

The candles had formed a circle and in the centre of that circle was a stake of wood. You took shaky breaths as you walk inside the circle. The others were waiting outside your designated area.

"I'm so scared." You say, smiling nervously at them.

"Y/n! You will be fine!" Zoe says, reassuring you with a smile.

"I hope so." You say as you bend down to pick up the stake.

You can feel everyone's eyes on you. Maddison's were clearly bored, Misty's were frightened, Zoe's were hopeful, Queenie's were interested, Kyle's were confused, Cordelia's were cautious and Myrtle's were distant as always.

"Nil nocuerunt mihi. I am invulnerable." You yell, picking up the stake and thrusting into your heart before you had time to think about it.

Now, if this worked, you would be invulnerable to any of the witches spells. If this didn't, you would be killing your soul and you would cease to exsist.

You try not to think of it as you stare at your chest.

To your horror,

Blood was beginning to spurt everywhere.

It formed a pool on the floor and you could see your frightened face reflected in it.

The others were clearly trying to help but they couldn't get through the circle of ritual candles.

Were you going to die?