I Hear Red

9:00pm came faster than you expected. You realised you were late when you saw Queenie and the maid bolting down the stairs.

9:11pm

Shit. You were very late and if Cordelia was in a bad mood (which she rarely is) it would be trouble.

You threw down your book and rushed out the doorframe.

You realised you were overthinking when you arrived to see only Misty, Zoe, Myrtle, Cordelia and Nan.

"Hey, sorry I'm late. Where are Maddison and Queenie?"You ask, that was strange, you were sure that you saw Queenie on the stairs.

"They felt the need to not show up." Cordelia says firmly. "Much as we thought you did"

"Sorry" You mumble. "I swear I saw Queenie on the stairs."

"It's fine" Zoe says.

"Yeah, you are here now, that's what counts" Misty says in her accent.

"It's a real shame because we need Maddison for the plan to work." Cordelia says.

Suddenly the floor above you began to creak. You prayed that wasn't Fiona spying on you all.

"Do you think that is-"

"Hey bitches" It was Maddison. She was stood in the doorframe.

"Have you seen Queenie?" Nan asks.

"Nope." She replies, striding towards the group. "So we gonna take down Fiona or what?"

"That's exactly what we are going to be doing." Cordelia's voice faltered slightly and Myrtle rested her hand on Cordelia's shoulder. You assume they've known each other for quite a while, "I'm sorry if I didn't make it clear when I told y/n what we will be doing."

"We'll just get on with it then!" Maddison says raising her eyebrows then rolling her eyebrows.

"Basically, we are going to invoke 'The sacred taking' which if you don't know what that means, we are going to sacrifice the current supreme to allow the next supreme to rise. At this point it could be any of you."

Nan smiled. She really wanted to be the supreme.

"Oh that's what these robes are for" Zoe replies to Cordelia whilst she holds a dusty old red cloth.

"I'm not wearing that." Maddison says, clearly disgusted.

"GIRLS!" Cordelia yells.

Everyone fell silent and stared at her.

"Do we all know what we are doing?" She asks.

"I think so." You reply, you had read about it before.

The others just nod. Maybe they'd read about it too.

"Maddison, Myrtle," Cordelia instructs, "You both need to go upstairs and scare the shit out of Fiona and convince her to take these pills."

She pulled a pot of pills from her pockets. It was strange that those were the ones you saw Zoe taking when you first arrived. Maddison snatched them from her hand and stuffed it into her jeans.

"One other thing, you will all need to wear the robes that Zoe had kindly displayed earlier" Cordelia says.

"Do I have to?" Maddison asks, she looked like she was pleading to not wear the manky cloak.

Cordelia held a thought for a minute.

"Actually change of plans." Cordelia says. "Y/n, you need to go up there too. Just stay invisible and mess things up in her room to creep her out first."

You smiled. This was actually gonna be fun.

"Oh and you, Myrtle and Y/n won't have to wear the cloaks" Cordelia says to Maddison who smiled too. "I suggest you wear red though"