The Book

You snigger as quietly as you could.

Cordelia was making reading this book such a big deal.

To be honest, it kind of was a big deal.

It could tell you who you would marry, when you'd die.. but more importantly the details of the apocalypse.

You knew that somehow, you were tied to the apocalypse, actually, you knew it since you saw that figure when you tried to rescue Misty from the mysterious depths of the underworld.

You allow Cordelia to lead you through to the library.

It looked completely normal, the books were neatly stacked into the shelves. The painting of former supreme in the early 1900s, Agatha Wood, was on the wall as usual, (her final request was to be hung along the books instead of with the others who were in the main room).

It was only after a few seconds before you noticed the runes that have been carved into the walls. They looked old and could've been mistaken for scratches on the edge of the shelf, caused by wear and tear.

Cordelia muttered something as she rested her hand on the rune, creating the shelf to open from the inside, just like a secret room from a film!

You hold in your excitement and try to seem serious but your excitement turned out to actually be the only thing that was keeping you from the nausea of the possibility that you could find out something bad about yourself.

Once the shelves had created an opening, you could peer into the room.

The rooms walls were lined in an ugly purple wallpaper and in the centre lay many peculiar relics that had been preserved in glass boxes.

All but one.

Dorothy Evergreens Journal for the Very Unlucky was laid out as a centrepiece in the room.

Although you could sense it was one of the least powerful of the objects, you knew it was the one that the witches valued the most.

You approached the book cautiously, gulping to stop the dizzy sickness to come over you.

Cordelia was waiting outside the room with her back turned as if the book would only open if it was in a single persons presence.

Maybe it did.

The books pages were old worn but the moment you stood beside the book, the pages started flapping aggressively, so much so it looked like the pages were going to rip.

It was like something from Harry Potter.

It seemed the book couldn't decided what was the right thing to tell you since it kept flicking from page to page, slowing down and teasing a stop but then starting again, faster than ever.

Eventually, the book stopped moving just enough for you to read the words that had been written, hopefully about the apocalypse.

It seemed there weren't any more pages for the book to flick to and it stopped on the very last page.

Because it was the last page, you knew it wasn't going to be anything good.

It must be about the apocalypse.

You peer closer, absorbing every one of those old fashioned words.

In the end, it is only evil that shall prevail