Anti-depressants

"Hey I'm Zoe" The girl says walking in. She had brown hair that was straighter than Maddison's. Her eyes were also brown.

There was something in her facial expression that told you she was worried about something or someone.

"I'm Y/n" You say cooly in attempt to shake her out of her trance.

"Cool, why you here?" She said whilst pouring herself a bowl of cereal, the milk splashing over the edge. She quickly wiped it up whilst cursing under her breath.

"What do you mean? I'm a 'witch' like you."

"No,I mean what'd you do?"

"I set fire to a school and.. I sometimes float in my sleep." You say with a grin. The smile quickly faded when you saw Zoe's face fall.

"Well that's another power better than mine" Zoe said with a sigh. It seemed most girls in this place had some kind of traumatic past or had metal issues.

You imagined she was the only sane person here who wasn't completely corrupted by her powers. You liked her.

"What's your power?" You ask.

"Trust me, you don't want to know" She says digging into her pockets and fiddling with what looked like her medication.

'Anti-depressants'

Zoe poured herself some coffee and offered you some. You just shook your head as she sat down beside you.

She sat mesmerised by the TV.

'— frat boys have been killed, it was a tragic accident and the police still cannot explain how this occurred. So far we know that there are only two survivors.'

Zoe took a sharp breath. She looked like she was about to cry.

"What, you know one of the boys?" You ask trying to soften your tone into a friendly comforting voice.

Zoe just got up and left the room.

A little bit rude.

You stared at the television and watched the recording of the flipped bus and watched the stretchers filled with body parts and bloody faces.

Bam

"Sh—shit" You say backing away from the Tv. It had caught fire.

"Congratulations y/n!" Cordelia said. She was watching. You couldn't tell if she was being sarcastic or not.

You just ran your fingers through your hair and noded. You were covered in sweat and were out of breath from the short adrenaline rush.

The flames grew around the TV, just like they did at the school but Cordelia just put them out with the flick of a hand.

You stared at her and she smiled.

*Ding Dong*

Cordelia rushed to the door as you pulled yourself up from your chair. You decided it was a good idea to claim your room and grill Zoe for some answers about the bus.

"Zoe??" You yell as you ascended the stairs, brushing your hand on the soft wood that made up the bannisters.

You had to use all of your willpower not to think of the wood burning incase it actually did.

"Zoe?!" You shout again. Still no answer.

"Zoeeeee?"