Love Life

"Yeah," You chuckle nervously, "He's pretty evil."

Violet Harmon shook her head, her mousy brown hair was the exact same colour as Zoe's.

You missed the coven and suddenly felt lonely, but the girls smile lightened up the mood.

"I guess." Her smile fades slightly, "He's my brother."

Your eyes widen, I mean, the resemblance was there but it wasn't obvious.

The girl pauses, deep in thought, "Actually, he is my step-brother, the creepy thing was I was actually his step-mother at one point."

"Okay that's weird-" You begin, smiling a little to act as if you weren't completely grossed out by what she'd said.

But Violet wasn't paying attention.

She was staring behind you in a cold stare.

It was Tate.

He was standing in the door entrance, his face was blotchy and his eyes were red and bloodshot.

Wow.

He had changed his mood fast.

"I'm sorry Violet." He mumbles, his voice cracking slightly.

Violet just vanished and walked away, Tate's eyes followed the air as she walked out of the room.

He could see her and you could not.

"What happened between you two?" You ask as Tate rubbed his eyes.

He laughed and sobbed at the same time.

"It's a long and complicated story." He sighs and smiled but tears were streaming uncontrollably down his face.

"I have the time." You say kindly. Even if this boy was a psychopath, he deserved a friend.

He told you the whole story of what happened with him and Violet and how he impregnated her mother so that Nora could have a child, he looked so angry at himself for doing all of those things.

"I'm pretty sure all the bad stuff in you left with Micheal." You say reassuring him, "Saving Vivian was a good thing to do, does Violet know?"

"No." He scoffs, "As if she'd believe me."

"Well, she might believe me." You grin.

Tate had no choice but to grin back, your smile was infectious. But, in his eyes, you could tell he loved Violet more than anything in the world.

And that was when Maddison strolled in.

"Done the spell," She clapped her hands excitedly before looking at the two of you and asking, "What did I miss?"

You and Tate just laughed before he strolled out of the room. He waved and you waved back.

You hoped he was going to talk to Violet but it was unlikely.

"So..." Maddison says, "What's up with Langdon Sr?"

"Girl problems."

"And you know lots about that?" She raised her eyebrows, mocking your lack of a love life.

You just laugh at her.

"There's more to life than love." You grin.

"Of course there is." Maddison says, her voice laced with sarcasm, "What do you want to do next?"

"Erm, I actually want to talk to Vivian next." You state.

It was strange that so many famous people lived in this house. At least, famous victims.

"Sure thing." Maddison says, sighing and turning around, "Where would we find a depressed mother?"