The Co-Operative

You didn't sleep well that night, the constant impending doom that you'd only have a few more hours as yourself kept you awake 24/7.

So you just lay awake on the floor, you were very bored and you considered a bit of astral projection to cheer you up.

You weren't exactly sure what you were going to do but floating around the world effortlessly without being tied to your body sounded freeing so you were convinced to give it a shot.

You mutter an incantation under your breath, hoping that no one could hear you.

It was about 3:30 am.

You floated out of your body pretty easily, it honestly felt like that Dr Strange film.

You had done astral projection before but only under the pressure of completing the thirteen wonders.

As you floated around aimlessly in the sky above the cabin that you were all sleeping in, the thought of Micheal Langdon wouldn't leave your mind.

You kept wondering what he was doing right now, you were sure that he wasn't sleeping.

You were also pretty sure that he wasn't with the warlocks anymore.

Without fully realising, you found yourself drifting further and further away from the hut and towards wherever the antichrist was.

When you finally stopped thinking about the end of the world, you were caused to think of it again.

A huge, black building loomed before you, it looked pretty ominous.

The only clue as to what it was was a discreet black logo that had been stuck on the left side of the building, it read:

The Co-Operative

You knew that the building was bad but you still decided to glide through the revolving doors at the entrance.

It was about noon and you were in Santa Monica, it was such a shame that you were in astral form because the sun was shining so nicely.

The inside of the building felt like the opposite, the warm, yellowy glow of the sun had been replaced by sharp white LED lights that felt like knives as they shone down on you.

The inside of the building was immaculately clean and yet there was not a single cleaner to be found.

You glided up the pristine white staircases to be greeted by a lady dressed in nothing but purple.

"Wilhelmina Venable." You read her name tag out loud before covering your mouth quickly.

Could she hear you whilst you were in the astral plain?

"Who said that?" The bewildered woman asks, making you curse again.

"Come out! I can hear you!" Wilhelmina says agitatedly.

You close your eyes as if summoning your body.

You felt it rise from the bed in the swamp hut and zoom across the sky towards where you were now.

It sounded so crazy but then again everything in witchcraft is insane.

Then with a think, your body met with your soul, making the purple woman curse and raise her cane in the air.

"W-What are you?" She asked.

You just shrugged.

"A ghost of my former self." You say in a spooky voice, it was surprisingly fun to mess around with this person.

"What do you want?"

"Hmm," You ponder, "That is a tricky question."