Reunion

Instantly, you were brought back into reality.

The boy in the window's face morphing into the boy's that stood before you.

"Y/n?" Tate says, eyes widening in realisation that you were the girl he waved to almost 18 years ago.

You share a stare, completely frozen at your childhood memories coming back to you.

"What? You guys know each other?" Maddison says, lowering her sunglasses to get a better look at him.

He wore an oversized, green striped jumper that covered his torso. It was the same top that he was wearing when you saw him in the window.

Still, he looked like he'd changed.

Behind the familiar smile, you could sense the heartbreak and trauma floating around in his subconscious.

Although, you had a feeling that the heartbreak wasn't that subconscious. You guessed it was always on his mind. Always.

"T-Tate?" You stammer, ignoring Maddison's judgey gaze.

"Yup." He says, smirking and looking to the floor, "How've you been—"

Tate tried to finish speaking but Maddison cut him off with confusion.

"Erm hello!?" She says, waving her hands around you and Tate in a bitchy girl way.

"Excuse me??!" She continues dramatising and clicking in front of your nose, you can see why she's an actor. The love for being the centre of attention was clear.

"How do you guys know each other?" She asks, finally quieting after her rant.

You stare at Tate once more and Tate stares back. Blankly.

"Y/n actually lived in the house across the road when she was about five yea-" Tate explains, you feel the need to correct him.

"Six." You interrupt, "Six years old."

Tate nods his head, slightly annoyed at being wrong but didn't let that bother him.

"Anyways, as I was saying, she lived next door," He continues, "And since we couldn't talk, we both wrote notes and held them up to the windows and started communicating. It was only when she told her mother that she moved away from here."

Tate glanced at you with every word, checking that what he said was true.

Maddison really didn't care about the sentimental backstory and just clapped her hands swiftly and strode ahead.

It was a sign that she wanted the both of you to follow her.

You and Tate hang in the hallway awkwardly before he shrugs and gestures for you to go ahead and he followed you to the kitchen where Maddison was waiting.

She had bitten into an apple that the sales person must've left rolling on the counter whilst filing the form that allowed you and Maddison to stay at the house.

"So," She says through mouthfuls, shrugging at Tate, "Who are you and how'd you die?"

"Erm, I'm Tate Langdon, I'm dead, I shot up a school and a S.W.A.T. team gunned me down in my room the next day." He says scoffing, "Pleasant right?"

He tried to make a joke to lift the mood but it was the name that stuck in your head.

Tate Langdon.

Woooo! 5k reads and 450 votes and 11 followers 🤯. Wtf. You are all amazing. It's so fucking cool!! I feel famous 😌