Maledictus

By man_or_muppet

She is the carrier of an unforgivable blood curse. Circus, Manor, Cell. Sold, bought and tortured. Hogwarts. ... More

P R E F A C E
PART 1
Ch.1 - The Circus
Ch.2 - Chains and Pain
Ch.3 - Hogwarts
Ch.4 - Hogwarts Express
Ch.5 - The Sorting Hat
Ch.6 - Hermione
Ch.7 - The Howler
Ch.8 - Skiving Snackbox
Ch.9 - The Twins
Ch.10 - Tears of Anger
Ch.11 - Trying to Help
Ch.12 - The Face in the Fire
Ch.13 - Detention with Snape
Ch.14 - Murtlake Water
Ch.15 - Help
Ch.16 - Blood
Ch.17 - Library
Ch.18 - The Potions Master
Ch.19 - The Argument
Ch.20 - Stars
Ch.21 - Mash Potatoes
Ch.22 - Owlery
Ch.23 - Teasing
Ch.24 - Ron
Ch.25 - Home
Ch.26 - Lucius
Ch.30 - David's Letter
Ch.31 - The Jump
Ch.32 - The Hospital Wing
Ch.33 - The Black Van
Ch.34 - The Red Envelope
Ch.35 - The Apology
Ch.36 - The Oak Tree
Ch.37 - Bellatrix
Ch.38 - Elephants
Ch.39 - The Show
Ch.40 - Blurt
Ch.41 - Broken.
Ch.42 - Running
Ch.43 - Rue Banks
Ch.44 - The Cell
Ch.45 - Draco's Guilt
Ch.46 - The Voice.
Ch.47 - The Discovery.
Ch.48 - Desperate.
Ch.49 - Doors
Ch.50 - Loss
PART 2
Ch.1 - Silence
Ch.2 - Running
Ch.3 - Memories
Ch.4 - The Stable
Ch.5 - Unexpected Visitors.
Ch.6 - The Table
Ch.7 - Obliviate
Ch.8 - The Apple Tree
Ch.9 - The Dark Mark
Ch.10 - Periit Dolore
Ch.11 - The Task
Ch.12 - Awful agreements.
Ch.13 - Draco
Ch.14 - The Marking
Ch.15 - Ginny
Ch.16 - Snape
Ch.17 - McGonagall
Ch.18 - Detention
Ch.19 - Time
Ch.20 - Toast
Ch.21 - Rue
Ch.22 - The Execution
Ch.23 - Lupin
Ch.24 - Quidditch
Ch.25 - Two Invitations
Ch.26 - The Return
Ch.27 - The Ball
Ch.28 - Brave
Ch.29 - Home
Ch.30 - The Chase
Ch.31 - Chicken Sandwiches
Ch.32 - The Job
Ch.33 - The Mistake
Ch.34 - Word Spreads
Ch.35 - Voices
Ch.36 - Sectumsempra
Ch.37 - Jason and Lucas
Ch.38 - Promises
Ch.39 - The Gift
Ch.40 - The Werewolf
Ch.41 - Reasons
Authors Note
PART 3
Ch. 1 - Arrival
Ch. 2 - Home
Ch. 3 - Letters
Ch. 4 - Tools
Ch. 5 - Phone
Ch. 7 - Prank
Ch. 8 - Reckless
Ch. 9 - Carrows
Ch. 10 - Rage
Ch. 11 - Ritual
Ch. 12 - Flyer
Ch. 13 - Snow
Ch. 14 - Rosie
Ch. 15 - Headmaster
Ch. 16 - Oliver

Ch. 6 - Train

128 4 0
By man_or_muppet

THE HOGWARTS EXPRESS was late.

Alice was left shivering on the platform, waiting among other worried families.

"Keep the bandage on" whispered Henry.

"It's itchy" whined Alice, rubbing her nails along the sleeve of her jumper. The newly surfaced scales on her forearm caused her great discomfort.

"You don't want it to get infected"

"Of course not"

"Then keep the fucking bandage on"

Alice watched as Mrs. Weasley's empty cup of Earl Grey, a gentle chunk of lipstick staining the lid, landed in the bin with a slight flick of her wrist.

Alice picked at her hair. A rogue page newspaper was chased by the chilly wind like a pigeon with wings fluttering accompanied  by feathers of rhetoric and melodrama.

"Mum?" asked Ginny. "The train has never been late before, has it?"

Mrs. Weasley looked down at her daughter with a look of both concern and reassurance. "I'm sure it's nothing dear, the train it old, it may have broken down"

"What if it's-"

"It's not Ginny, it's not"

It was on everyone's mind.
How had Hogwarts changed since the death of their beloved headmaster?

They all knew one thing for certain, it was going to be no ordinary year at Hogwarts, especially with the unsettling feeling of Voldemorts eyes in every corner.

Waiting was an easy task for Alice,  unlike most others stranded on the platform for she had all the practice during her time locked up.

Her concept of time was different, she sat, let her mind empty and enjoy any bit of peace she managed to salvage.

Everyone seemed to come up with a million "we're screwed" situations and needed feedback or reassurance on every single one.

Alice found waiting on her own was simple, but with others it was exhausting.

Suddenly, they begun to hear the raucous, metallic shriek of the arrival of the decrepit carriages of the Hogwarts Express.

Although, it possessed corroded iron and tacky upholstery, far from perfection like the usual Hogwarts Express.

The doors reluctantly eased open with the force of a stocky station guard as if they were gripped by age, the handles stiff with arthritis.

"Mum that's not the Hogwarts Express" observed Ginny worryingly.

"That is correct, yes" Mrs. Weasley confirmed. "It's a knock-off, made terribly"

"That's not good is it?"

"No it isn't Ginny, no it isn't"

"Are you sure you should be going Alice?" asked Henry.

"I've already explained, it's safer for everyone" she replied placing her near to empty trunk on the train. "And besides, I need some sort of education"

"Alice" Henry placed a hand on her shoulder. "You know we want the best for you, but are you making the correct decision?"

Alice thought for a moment. "I don't know"

Henry sighed, hugging his sister tightly. "Promise me you'll be safe, and check in when possible"

"I promise"

Her brother raised an eyebrow.

"Double promise?" she smiled.

"Better"

Alice could feel the fear in her chest waiting to take over. Perhapes it was only to protect her but as far as she could tell there was no danger.

The crisp air was sweet and the birds sung loudly, she could even hear water in the distance. And it in that moment her fear begun to evaporate as she took deep breaths. Her body had begun to relax.

"Hold on a second Alice" called Mrs.

"Yeah?" she swung around to meet her eyes.

"You left this behind, I thought you might like to have it" she explained kindly, handing her an envelope.

She held it in her thin hands, her fingers tracing over the ink. "This is James' letter"

"The order are still looking, we will find him Alice" she embraced Alice as she spoke the soft words.

"Thank you, for everything Mrs. Weasley"

"It was my pleasure" she smiled warmly. "Oh and Alice? Do make some friends, they're not all bad" and the young Gryffindor nodded.

Alice lined up behind the various Hogwarts students, holding her hands playing with her knuckles, weaving her fingers in and out.

She found an empty carriage relatively fast which endowed her with a generous amount of elbow room and a guaranteed window seat all to herself.

Settling into her self-entitled throne, she unravels a cream cheese bagel, something Mrs. Weasley made godly. The sandwich was humble in its crumpled paper bag, crumbs raining into the crevices of the grimy moquette fabric.

Alice lurched forward as the train inched forward at an excruciating pace. It rocked back and forth, it's relentless whining and groaning comparable to a resident of any nursing home.

"You know, that is filled with carbs, saturated fat and hypertension" said a voice. "Or something along the lines of that"

It came from a brown haired boy, slumped against the door frame. She concluded early on that he was the same age as her

His dark hair furled down the nape of his neck while his fringe covered the right side of his face, going a little past his jaw-line. His eyes were bold, black, like that of a child. And yet they carried this stubborn hatred of the whole world.

"Excuse me?" Alice questioned.

"Oh don't mind me" he straightened up. "I was just quoting 'Woman's Weekly' ‘Health will be the bane of your existence if you miss out on this dieting tip!’"

Alice now realised he was eyeing her bagle and she sheepishly tucked it away back into its bag as the ebb flow of movement carried them along.

"Remember when I asked for your opinion? Funny, neither did I" she stated proudly.

"Guess you're not as soft as you look" the boy replied taking a seat. "I was only looking out for your health"

Alice scoffed. "You don't even know my name"

"Sure I do, it's Tia" Alice shot him a confused look. "Tiny, idiotic asshole. T. I. A. Tia"

"How mature" she rolled her eyes.

"I'm Blake, Blake Alexander" he added with pride. "I'm new here, been kicked out of three different schools"

"Impressive.......tall person"

"Oh wow, I am so hurt"

Alice peered out the window, her hand resting on her chin as the green and blue merged, the train picking up much needed speed.

Blake had no idea who she was, he didn't know about the rumours, about the Malfoy's about Ron. He was an alien in the world of humans.

This was Alice's real chance at any sort of friendship.
She pulled out the crumpled letter, reading it and  holding it close to her chest.

"Alice" she said.

"Huh?"

"My name, it's Alice"

Blake smiled, hesitating. "I prefer Tia"

They both laughed. Alice noticed how the new boys laugh was in his eyes in the way his face changed into that vision of relaxed joy and unrestrained mirth. Yet truly, it wasn't in his face either. His laugh came from within, it was just the way he was wired.

"I'm sure he'll come back" it was the first sincere thing that Blake had said.

"Pardon?"

"The boy in the letter, he can't be far off"

"I hope so"

Alice could already tell she'd grow to like the boy from the train.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 35 32
Hi, my name is Harper lily potter.... Harry Potter's younger twin sister and this is my life at Hogwarts you might be wondering what dose it feel lik...
82.5K 1.5K 18
Your life before Hogwarts wasn't all that special. You watched your siblings practice magic and watched them go off to Hogwarts. Now, Ron Weasly, you...
115K 3.7K 24
Not my best kind of works. Please read my other Fanfictions instead: Birth of Hell || Riddle Draco's Revival || Malfoy *Discontinued* "It was beaut...
759K 16.1K 141
What if Harry Potter had a twin sister but she got seperated from Harry after what happened the night He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named came and visited the P...