Jealousy Makes You Nasty

By Sammipott

Charlotte was always content not being a stereotypical popular girl, and thank god she had friends who would... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 36.5
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Bonus Christmas Chapter
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 59.5
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Epilogue
Two Spin-Offs, A Standalone & An All-New Series!! (Revised)
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter: Insecure
Olivia Flashback "That was one time!"
Summer Moments: Paint
Summer Moment: The Zoo
Forever Mine (Hayes Parents Story) Happening!!

Chapter 9

167K 5.2K 1.2K
By Sammipott

Don't forget to vote and leave a comment! I love to hear from you guys!

|| ** || ** ||

The rest of the weekend was uneventful, when we had gotten back from brunch the baseball team was already gone and the girls left later in the afternoon, so I was left to just finish weekend homework and just relax with the family. That and threatening Sebastian to drop the subject of Chase at all costs, it didn't work so well in the beginning but that is what blackmail is for.

I park in the school parking and get out the car followed by my three siblings. Tessa shouts goodbye as she runs off towards the junior section of the school to meet up with her friends. Sophie waves at me and walks over to her cheerleading friends, completely ignoring Sebastian who doesn't even glance in her direction, as she rushes past him. I thought they were over this summer drama. They instantly swarm her asking about her weekend and other menial gossip that could have happened in the past forty-eight hours since they last saw each other.

Sebastian and I walk next to each other towards the front of the school, him stopping every few times to talk to some of his friends, but I don't stop to wait for him knowing he'll catch up. I'm almost at the front steps when I hear my last name being called out from within the maze of cars scattered in the lot.

"Yo Hayes! What's up, man?" I turn around and see Cole Fisher calling my brother over to the rest of the baseball boys that have gathered in front of a familiar black SUV. Nathan leans against the hood of his car; Zach sits next to him letting his legs dangle off the hood. I turn away and continue heading in the direction of the front doors.

"Incoming!" I hear a shout, turning a second too late as I get knocked down to the grass I was walking next to. I roll a few inches until I come to a dead stop on my back staring up at the clear blue sky. I shake my head slightly trying to clear my thoughts before narrowing my eyes and glaring at my attacker lying next to me with a grin on her face.

"What the fuck was that for?" I shout at Olivia, shoving her leg and stumbling up to my feet, dusting off the dirt on my shirt and shorts. "You're fucking lucky I didn't skin something," I threaten pointing a finger at her trying to seem menacing.

"I would apologize but I have a very legitimate reason for knocking you over," she states getting up herself and looking at her elbow that has little spots of blood on it. Good, serves her right.

"Oh yeah? And what is this 'legitimate reason' for literally knocking me on my ass at seven forty-five in the morning," I cross my arms over my chest and stare straight at her.

"Quinn said that I shouldn't," she shrugs with a goofy smile on her face.

"So naturally you had to do it?" I ask.

"Yes! You know me, if you tell me not to do it there's a ninety-eight percent chance that I'm going to do it," she explains as if what she's saying makes all the sense in the world.

"What's the other two percent?"

"The 'Am I going to get arrested if I do this' part of my brain." She motions for me to follow her in the directions of where I'm assuming our friends are waiting for us.

"You're so stupidly annoying," I shake my head and walk next to her. I wait for the moment where she's completely let her guard down and shove her so hard she trips into a couple freshmen. I let out a loud laugh, "Olivia, would you be careful, there are other people in this lot, you know?"

She smirks at me and slowly pushes away from the freshman boy that was holding on to her a few seconds too long after steadying her. "Oh, you think that makes us even, because I think the fuck not," she speaks in a low tone with a mischievous glint in her eyes. I slowly start backing away making sure to keep the smile on my face so she can't see that I'm internally freaking out.

Once she's on her feet I turn around and sprint back in the direction that I had come from earlier. I don't bother turning around knowing that if I do I'm just going to slow myself down.

"Get your ass back here Hayes!" Olivia shouts from a few feet behind me, which urges me to run faster, dodging other students standing around the lot while they wait for the warning bell to ring.

"I thought we were even after you literally tackled me to the ground!" I yell over my shoulder trying to reason with her.

"Other human beings were not harmed in that action, you made me knock over three freshmen with me," she counters slowly catching up to me.

I quickly change route and run in the direction of where I last saw my brother so that I can use him as a human shield. I spot him still with the same group of friends by Nathans' car. I urge myself to pick up the pace and dive behind Sebastian; gripping the back of his shirt and steering him to face Olivia head on.

"What are you doing?" Sebastian asks confused. Olivia stops in front of him and crosses her arms over her chest staring straight through my brother.

"Oh please, do you really think they cared that a senior girl knocked them over? If anything, they're sad you didn't hold onto them for longer," I say with a dirty smile on my face. Olivia huffs.

"Hello? Human shield wondering why you're here," Seb states waving his hands in the air trying to get our attention. We ignore him.

"Don't try and butter me up with compliments," she points a finger at me well technically Sebastian. I realize the rest of Sebastian's friends have gone quiet, probably enjoying the show.

"Is it working?" I ask.

Olivia shrugs her shoulders slightly, "Maybe a little." Yes! I can work with a little. I give her my best pout over Sebastian's shoulder, who moves his head to the side to look at me, then proceeds to look back at Olivia pulling his own pout that could rival mine. Man, I love my brother. "Fine, just stop it both of you!" she huffs. I let go of my brother and high five him for his contribution.

"Don't I deserve a hello anymore Grace?" Sebastian smirks at Olivia.

Olivia moves forward to hug Sebastian, "Hello," he whispers and he crushes her against him.

"Morning," she smiles pulling away from him and looking at me, "You ready?" I nod and slowly turn away from my brother and his friends.

"And what about the rest of us? Don't we deserve a hello too? And maybe a hug if you're feeling generous?" Zach grins in our direction causing me to scrunch my nose. Creep.

Olivia starts feeling around her pockets like she's looking for something. When she realizes there's nothing in her pockets she turns and looks at Zach with a slight pout, "Oh would you look at that? Guess I'm all out of fucks to give." Burn!

I burst out laughing with the rest of the people around us. Zach quirks an eyebrow probably confused because of the way Olivia has been treating him these past few days. Olivia had decided that he wasn't worth it anymore while telling the whole saga at brunch with my family on Saturday. Mom gives some great advice, I'll tell you that.

"Okay, I'll see you later Seb," I nod at my brother and link arms with Olivia.

"Miss Grace and Miss Hayes is that the appropriate behavior we use on school grounds?" Mr. Parker calls to us as he's stepping away from his car parked in the teacher's lot.

"We're just expressing our friendship so everyone can be jealous of our bond," Olivia replies as she wraps her arm around my neck to pull me in for an overexaggerated hug, resulting in stomping on her foot from choking me.

"Yes, well, express your friendship off school grounds, would you?" Mr. Parker asks in a bored tone.

"I make no promises Mr. P, but for you, I'll try my best," Olivia grins at our chemistry teacher.

"Of course, you will Miss Grace," he replies condescendingly. "Miss Hayes I trust that you will help your friend by upholding my instructions?"

"Yes, sir."

"Very well, I will see you two later today in chemistry. Lucky me," he mumbles sarcastically as he walks towards the school as the five-minute warning bell goes off.

I look back over to where Courtney and Quinn are standing with a few of our other friends and notice that they're walking towards us. Sebastian and his friends slowly start to get their things and break off to go to their homerooms. Nathan stops a few feet in front of Olivia and me.

"Hey Charlotte," he smiles at me and does that weird head nod thing that guys always do.

"Uh, hi, you can call me Char or Lottie by the way. Can I help you?" I ask not really understanding why he's bothering me.

He shakes his head slightly, "Nope, just wanted to say hi."

"No, that's cool, it's not like I'm standing right here, literally next to her," Olivia points out rolling her eyes.

"Hey Olivia," he responds to her rude behavior with a light chuckle.

"Ugh so formal, just call me Liv," She scrunches her nose slightly. "All right we are going to be late so excuse us," she grabs my arm and starts pulling me towards the front doors where Courtney is standing with Olivia's backpack in her hand.

We step through the doors to see hundreds of students running around trying not to be late for homeroom. These are the times where you can point out the seniors since we're the slowest because we just don't give a fuck anymore. The girls are laughing at my blank facial expression since I still haven't fully recovered from whatever the hell that was ten seconds ago.

"You've got a bit of drool right there," Courtney points to my chin with a smirk on her face.

"I do not!" I smack her hand away and roll my eyes. The girls start giggling causing me to scoff at them. I hate friends. Even though I know she's just joking I subconsciously wipe the side of my mouth looking for the drool that I know isn't there, internally breathing out a sigh of relief when my hand is dry. You girls can't fool me.

|| ** || ** ||

Surprise!!! Happy 4th of July!!

I am South African but I was living in New York when I wrote this so Holiday Update!!

Enjoy!

Sammipott xx

P.S. If I hit 1000 reads before Monday I'll post the next chapter😋 Don't be afraid to vote or leave a comment! I love to hear what you all think!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

861K 18.2K 49
The rivalry between high schools is fierce. But the rivalry between Baylor High School and Brentwood High School was fiercer. When people come to th...
231K 3.6K 34
A romcom story about a girl and her brother's best friend who always annoyed her but suddenly started acting all possessive over her. ~~ "Don't you...
The Anon By alex :)

Teen Fiction

2.1M 75.9K 32
One blog, one girl, two very different people. 17 year old Charlotte Knight has always gone unnoticed with her brother the star football player and h...
Candid By Sammi🌻

Teen Fiction

649K 27.8K 62
We've always been told to think before we speak, so as not to offend anyone. Maddie Hayes is over it. No matter what is said, someone is going to get...