Loving a Believer

By mistymatic

(EDITING) She's... Alone. Distant. Unloved. Fara Oxford once lived a life wishing that there was a God who c... More

DISCLAIMER
Prologue (Book 1)
Chapter 1: Loving But Unloved
Chapter 2: Life Sucks
Chapter 3: Encountered A Believer
Chapter 4: The Proposal
Chapter 5: Find Freedom
Chapter 6: Strange Atmosphere
Chapter 7: His World
Chapter 8: Crazy People
Chapter 9: Scripted Promises
Chapter 10: Who Made Life
Chapter 12: The Savior of the Sinners
Chapter 13: Faith is the Key
Chapter 14: Know Him Deeper
Chapter 15: Late Night Talk with an Apologist
Chapter 16: To be Closer to Him
Chapter 17: Now a Skeptic
Chapter 18: Christian Principles
Chapter 19: We're Married
Chapter 20: Cannot Be
Chapter 21: Reason and Purpose
Chapter 22: Irresistible
Chapter 23: Winter Camp
Chapter 24: The Righteous Man
Chapter 25: Found in Him
Chapter 26: The Cross
Chapter 27: Unexpected
Chapter 28: What To Prepare For
Chapter 29: Troubled Heart
Chapter 30: Product of Tragedy
Chapter 31: Christmas Eve at Hacienda
Chapter 32: Finally Over
Epilogue (Book 1)
Writer's Note
BOOK TWO
Prologue (Book 2)
Chapter 1: No Longer Now
Chapter 2: Back to the Memories
Chapter 3: Hopeless Life
Chapter 4: Old Self
Chapter 5: Expectation VS. Reality
Chapter 6: For the Old Time's Sake
Chapter 7: Many Heartbreaks
Chapter 8: Pain
Chapter 9: Confession
Chapter 10: A Spark of Hope
Chapter 11: A Miracle That Happens
Chapter 12: Together Again
Chapter 13: Fulfill the Vow
Chapter 14: New Start
Chapter 15: Waking Up
Chapter 16: Together with God
Chapter 17: God is Not Yet Done
Chapter 18: Walk in Obedience
Chapter 19: To God Alone
Chapter 20: Undeleted Photos
Chapter 21: Doubt Not
Chapter 22: Whispers of the Past
Chapter 23: Make Things Right
Chapter 24: God's Will
Chapter 25: A Year of Changes
Chapter 26: Till Death
Chapter 27: God Can
Chapter 28: God is so Good (Last Chapter)
Epilogue (Book 2)
Writer's Note
BOOK THREE
Prologue (Book 3)
Chapter 1: Someone is Calling
Chapter 2: Put into Chaos
Chapter 3: Defense
Chapter 4: Wonderful People
Chapter 5: Because of Jesus
Chapter 6: Being a Smart Listener
Chapter 7: His Number Two
Chapter 8 - The Holy Calling
Chapter 9 - For the First Time
Chapter 10 - The Deity of Christ
Chapter 11 - Throwback
Chapter 12 - Keeping a Secret
Chapter 13: Little Angel
Chapter 14: The Caller
Chapter 15: No Queen of Heaven
Chapter 16: Time Together
Chapter 17: Jealous of Her
Chapter 18: Anger in His Eyes
Chapter 19: Oppressed
Chapter 20: The Prayer of a Servant
Chapter 21: Storm's Hidden Thing
Chapter 22: The Real Business
Chapter 23: The Consultation
Chapter 24: False or Not
Chapter 25: Awaited Special Day
Chapter 26: One Was Greater
Chapter 27: Unlike Before
Chapter 28: I Believe You
Chapter 29: Let's Settle This
Chapter 30: Heart-to-heart Talk
Chapter 31: Good and Faithful
Chapter 32: Death is Not the End
Chapter 33: A United Family
Chapter 34: Salvation Will Come
Chapter 35: Preaching the Gospel
Chapter 36: His Will Be Done (The Last Chapter)
Epilogue (Book 3)
Writers' Note
PRE-ORDER of LAB Physical Books (SELF-PUBLISHED)

Chapter 11: About Salvation

4.6K 189 15
By mistymatic

Throughout the trip, Storm and I did not talk to each other because he was busy driving. Believe it or not, we did not finish our three-day honeymoon because the next day after the argument we had, I told him I wanted to go home already, and he did not object.

We stopped in front of a white modern house. This was probably the house where we would reside. Storm honked the horn of his car. After a moment, somebody came out of the house, an elderly woman who was probably in her 50's. She must be the caretaker of the house. She immediately opened the larger gate for us so that Storm could park his car in the garage of the house.

"Welcome home, Ma'am and Sir!" the old woman greeted us.

"Thank you, Manang Linda," Storm replied.

The old woman took our things from the car to bring them inside the house. Storm helped her.

I wandered my eyes around the house. The house was painted with grey and white making it look simple but neat. There was a straight and a little bit wide wooden stairs on the side. We followed Manang Linda who was heading upstairs and entered the room on the right. That was our bedroom for sure.

"Maiwan ko muna kayo, mga anak. Ipaghahanda ko kayo ng makakain," she told us and then left the room.

I looked around the bedroom. I was surprised when I saw the case of my guitar on the bed, indicating that even our personal things were already here.

Storm sat on the edge of the bed and picked up the guitar. "Whose guitar is this?" he asked while unzipping the case of my guitar.

I would have liked to stop him because I didn't want anyone touching that, but I just chose to watch him and replied, "Mine."

"Oh, you play guitar?" There was amusement in his voice. He checked the guitar. "Where did you buy this?" He pressed his fingers on a fret and began to pluck the strings.

"It's just a gift," I answered as I watched him playing. I didn't know what piece was he playing.

"It sounds good," he complimented and then brought the guitar back inside the case.

"You were a singer before, right?" I asked.

His gaze turned on me as he leaned against the headboard of the bed. "Yeah... I was a YouTuber before," he answered, looking at me straight into the eyes. The way he looked at me made me feel uncomfortable because he had a pair of attractive eyes. But I was getting used to it gradually.

"Bakit bigla kang nawala?" I asked. I was really curious because I knew he was good at revising and arranging songs. He was so popular and had millions of subscribers.

"Do you really want to know?" he asked back. I nodded my head.

"One day, I woke up to the realization that there was something missing in my life. I got tired of pleasing people, making them clap for me, doing my best so they will praise me, I got tired of fans worshipping me. Fame was one of my desires before. Thank God, I achieved it. It was my biggest dream. But everything has changed when somebody shared me about Salvation."

"Salvation?" I repeated with brows furrowed.

"Salvation means Jesus died on the cross for our sins that will bring us to eternal death. But because of God's amazing love and grace, He died for us to wash all our sins, and whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life," he said with a slight half smile on his lips. Well, that was how he spoke sometimes.

"I don't understand," I honestly said.

"I've lost my desire to be a great secular singer when I met Jesus Christ. My heart's desire now is to please God, not people," he clarified.

I didn't react but I gave him a weird look. He mentioned that "God" again.

I stood up to look for clothes in my suitcase. I rummaged through my things in a hurry so I could take a shower for a while because I felt disgusted with Storm's story. When I entered the bathroom, I removed all my clothes and turned on the shower before closing my eyes, feeling the drops of the water on my face.

Everything Storm had said to me was playing in my mind. I couldn't believe that he left fame for his God. He was crazy! There were so many people out there who worked their butts off just to be recognized and gain the people's admiration and support; so many people out there who would have wanted to be in Storm's place but they couldn't!

I still remembered when I joined Junior High Musical. I joined because I wanted to share my talents, wanting my voice to be heard. Storm was a great singer; I knew it because I'd once heard some of his cover songs. His songs hit a hundred million views in YouTube. If he had left that for his God, then he wasted the opportunity he had.

Hindi ko alam kung ilang minuto ang tinagal ko sa pagligo. Maybe more than one hour. After I dressed up, I laid down on the bed and closed my eyes until I fell asleep.

***

"T-three months disciplinary action?"

Naalimpungatan ako nang may marinig akong nagsasalita. When I opened my eyes, I saw Storm sitting on the bed while talking to someone on the phone.

"I understand... I know the consequences of what I did... Oh no... I'm so sorry... I didn't expect that he would step down... I'm really sorry... Thank you... Yes, I'll be fine... I hope Pastor Alvin will preach again soon... I'm just sad because he got involved in my situation. Hindi ko alam na ganito ang mangyayari... I'm so sorry... I understand. I will issue an apology statement on Sunday..."

I couldn't understand what they were talking about but there was sadness in his voice. Bumigat muli ang mga talukap ko, kaya bumalik ako sa pagtulog. I woke up again without Storm's presence beside me. My eyes turned to the window. The sky was already dark. Ginabi ako ng gising.

Lumabas ako ng kuwarto at bumaba sa unang palapag ng bahay. Naabutan ko si Manang Linda sa kusina na naghahanda ng hapunan. "Oh, hija. Kumain kana," aniya sa akin at pinaghanda ako ng plato.

"Si Storm po?" I asked as I sat down and picked up the spoon and fork.

"Nasa study room 'ata. Saglit lang. Tatawagin ko," tugon niya at tinungo ang kwarto malapit sa sala. After a moment, she came back with Storm.

"Nang, sabay na po kayo," aya ni Storm kay Manang Linda.

"Naku! Hindi na, hijo. Tapos na ako kanina pa," Manang Linda refused.

Parang mabibingi ako dahil sa katahimikan namin ni Storm habang kumakain kami. Ang sabi ni Manang Linda, Kare-kare raw ang tawag sa ulam na niluto niya. It tasted good, though.

I glanced at Storm. He was just silent. I remembered what I heard earlier when I was woken up. I didn't know whom he was talking with and what they talked about, but it was obvious that it was the reason why he was sad.

***

Wala akong ibang ginawa sa bahay kun'di ang manood ng movie, magbasa ng libro, kumain, at matulog - paulit-ulit lang na proseso ng bawat araw ko. Laging wala si Storm at minsan gabi na rin siya umuuwi dahil busy siya sa trabaho. Last time, he had a business trip in Paris. He had just got home yesterday.

"Hija, baka gusto mong mamasyal. Puwede ka naman daw lumabas ng bahay," sabi ni Manang Linda habang pinapanood ko siyang magluto ng Sinigang.

"Hindi po kasi ako sanay lumalabas nang mag-isa." Pinagmasdan ko ang pagkuha niya ng katas ng sampalok.

"Ano nga ulit ang pangalan mo, hija? Pasensya ka na, medyo tumatanda na ako kaya nagiging makakalimutin na."

Napangiti lang ako ng bahagya. "Fara po ang pangalan ko."

"Para? Kakaiba pala ang pangalan mo," manghang sabi niya. Natawa ako sa paraan ng pagbigkas niya ng pangalan ko.

"Fara po," I answered gently, emphasizing the "F" sound. "Hindi po Para."

"Gano'n ba? Pasensya ka na, wala na kasi akong ngipin at pustiso na lang ang mayroon ako kaya hirap na ako sa pagbigkas ng 'ep'," she apologized. I just let out a chuckle. "Ano'ng apilyido mo, hija?" she later asked.

"Apilyido po?" I reassured.

"Oo, noong dalaga ka. Baka kilala ko ang mga magulang mo," she said.

"Oxford po," I answered.

She looked surprised. "O-oxford? Ano'ng pangalan ng mga magulang mo?" she asked again.

I furrowed my brows and answered, "Sara at Francis Oxford po."

"S-sara?" Her expression changed from surprise to recognition. She seemed familiar with Mommy.

"Opo, kilala mo po ba ang Mommy ko?" I asked, puzzled by her reactions.

She turned off the gas stove and faced me. Then she asked me again, "Ilang taon ka na, hija?"

"Eighteen po," I answered. I saw a different emotion in her eyes but I couldn't figure it out. "Bakit po?" I asked, my furrowed brows deepened.

She smiled bitterly and shook her head. "Wala naman. Kilala ko ang Mama mo," she said.

My eyes widened in surprise. "Talaga po?"

"Maupo muna tayo," she said.

We sat on the chairs placed by the table. I felt excitement because she knew Mommy.

"Kilala ko na ang Mama mo noong dalaga pa sila ni Thalia, ang ina ni Storm. Naging kasambahay na ako ni Thalia noon pa man, kaya nasubaybayan ko ang paglaki niya at ng matalik niyang kaibigan na si Sara, hanggang sa magkaroon sila ng pamilya." She heaved a sigh before proceeding, "Nabalitaan ko ang pagkamatay ni Sara. Nakakalungkot lang na hindi na kami muling nagkita noong tumira na kayo sa ibang bansa..."

She told me some stories about Mom and Tita Thalia's friendship. According to her, Tita Thalia was really in agony when Mommy died because she loved her so much. She even mentioned how kind and responsible my Mom was. That moment, I just fell silent because I felt a familiar ache in my chest. And I thought, I wish she was a kind and responsible mom for me...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 76.9K 44
(Garnet Boys Series #2) Aurelia turns out to be the daughter of a big time criminal. And she lost everything because of it... Yaman, mga kaibigan, at...
38.7K 1.4K 72
Meron na ngang label, pero magtuloy-tuloy na kaya ang pagmamahalan nila? [Travis Andrai & Romaline's Story] NOTE: This is an epistolary novel. Date S...
6.8M 122K 27
What is love? Written ©️ 2014
89.2K 199 30
"Hindi naman mahalaga kung mahina o malakas ka, ang importante ay ang kaya mong harapin ang iyong mga kahinaan, ang kaya mo itong baguhin upang sa ma...