23 || harlena

By harry_his_curls

---- She was an ordinary girl living with her parents happily in a village that was reigned by a powerful fam... More

*PROLOGUE*
♚01
♚02
♚03
♚04
♚05
♚07
♚08
♚09
♚10
♚11
♚12
♚13
♚14
♚15
♚16
♚17
♚18
♚19
♚20
♚21
♚22
♚Trailer♚
♚23
♚24
♚25
♚26*
♚27
♚28
♚29
♚30
♚31
♚32
♚33
♚34
♚35
Important Note
♚36*
♚37
♚38
♚39
♚40
♚41
Author's Note
♚42
♚43
♚44
♚45
♚46
♚47
♚48
♚49
♚50
♚51
♚52
♚53
♚54
♚55
♚56
♚57
♚58
♚59
♚60
Author's Note

♚06

4.2K 148 21
By harry_his_curls

S E L E N A

"You seriously didn't do what you did ?" Pia gushed and I giggled.

"I just wanted to meet my parents one last time, you know." I told her and she smiled.

"You're a very family oriented girl." She said and I nodded.

"And you ? Do you miss your family ?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Actually, I kind of envy you. You and your family are intact and well, mine they were alright once, but yeah I don't want to talk about it." She said and I nodded.

"What was your question back at the event hall ?" She asked suddenly. I shook my head. I want to find out how does the prince look.

"Ladies, you need to prepare for dinner now." Sarah, Pia's maid announced and we both nodded. Nicole was in the bathroom preparing my bath.

"Now, get naked." She said while smiling at me.

"With you here. Hell no." I told her and she chuckled.

"You need to get used to it, Sel. If you're going to be the next heiress, you'll have maids following you around everywhere." She said and I sighed.

"Do I really have to ?" I asked her and she just nodded. I striped down and immediately got in the bath tub. The bath was relaxing. She began to scrub my body while I sat there awkwardly.

When I was done, Nicole picked out a black and white cocktail dress and black high heels. She also did my makeup and put my hair in a neat bun.

"Thanks, Nicole. I love it." I said and she just smiled. I got out and find the dining room on my own. It wasn't that hard to find because of the girl's chatter.

"Hey !" Pia waved while I was finding a seat. I smiled and we sat together.

"You really look beautiful." She gushed and I blushed.

"You do too." I complimented her because she's so gorgeous and I don't know why she keeps telling me i'm beautiful even though i'm not.

"Oh, Selena. I didn't know you were here." Kendall's irritating voice said. I internally rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, she is. Now, back off Jenner." Pia said. I was shocked that Pia knows Kendall.

"Well, it's nice to meet you again Pia but stop defending the only poor girl here." She said and her so called minions laughed. I looked down when I felt all eyes on us.

"Kendall, you were poor too once. Your mother just married a man who had a wife and a child." She said. There was something in her voice that got me confused. Kendall groaned and stomped her feet.

"Are you okay ?" Pia asked. I nodded and we proceeded eating. I smiled at her.

After the supper, we were all commanded to go to bed but me being away from my parents for the first time couldn't sleep. I sighed while I was sitting at the balcony in my room looking at the stars. Little did I know that there was someone else who was looking at the stars too.

----

After 3 months....

The Prince hasn't found the love of his life and it has started to get on my nerves. Many girls have been going home lately crying don't know why and 'cause of that I have started to feel terrified. I don't know what will I do if I ever get picked for the test.

I was walking in the corridor when someone grabbed my arm and forced me to face them. It was Kendall.

"Just to let you know that if you ever got picked, you have no chance at the Prince's heart." She said and I looked at her.

"How do you know that ? And please stop all this nonsense." I said and pulled my arm away.

"I know so, Sel. I know." She said and left me questioning what she was saying. In the corner of my eye, I saw someone in her room whom I couldn't quite decipher.

I went back to my room with a frown. I let myself lay in the bed while thinking about the things Kendall was saying.

"Miss Selena." Nicole said and I told her to come in. She looked at me but I couldn't decipher what was going through her mind.

"What ?" I asked her.

"You need to get dressed." She said and pulled me up.

"What ? Why ?" I asked and she just shook her head and pushed me towards the bathroom. I let her scrub my body since I began to get used to it. When I finished, she was rummaging through my luggage to find me a dress. She took out a light pink cocktail dress.

She also made me wear white pair of heels, put my hair in a crown braid, did my makeup and I was done. She began packing my belongings and I frowned.

"Why are you so nervous ?" I asked and she just shrugged. I looked at her once more and helped her.

"No, Miss. It's okay." She said.

"Nicole, these are my things and you know that i'm not used to having a maid helping me out so let me help you." I said and she nodded. We finished early and she smiled.

"I wish you luck, Sel." She said and I frowned. What does she mean by that ?

Nicole was a maid since she was eighteen. Her parents died in a car accident wo she was alone and decided to work for a living. Miss Jones found her and hired her as one of the maids in the palace.

"Let's go, Sel." She said and I nodded and followed her out of the room.

"Where are we going exactly ?" I asked John and Nicole when we were in front of the limo.

"You'll see when we reach there, now get in the car, Miss Selena." John said and I shifted my gaze to the two of them. I nodded and climbed inside the limo. After a couple of minutes, we were entering the palace grounds.

"Wait, why are we at the palace ?" I asked and an idea popped in my mind. I got picked.

"Did I ?" I asked and they both nodded. Oh mother of kittens, I wasn't ready.

"Are you serious ? I'm not ready yet." I said and they sighed.

"If I had told you earlier, you wouldn't have come with us." She said and I nodded hesitantly. I hope Prince Harry isn't a douche because if he is, i'll surely teach him a lesson irrespective of his status.

The car came to a halt and all the guards rushed to line up and John opened the door. I got out and widened my eyes when they all bowed.

"Is this really necessary ?" I asked Nicole when we were entering the front door of the palace. I glanced at the guards and awkwardly smiled at them. The door opened and again I was amazed by the palace. I never thought i'd get picked. It feels so surreal. This wasn't really my thing. I despise it the most. So, maybe I was really lucky.

"It is, Miss Selena." Nicole said and I followed her. She led me to big double doors and she knocked.

"Ah, Nicole you're here. Is Miss Edwards with you ?" She nodded and I got in. I bowed down immediately when I saw King Jared.

"No need for that, dear. You're one of the contestants." He said.

"I need to. You're still the King." I said and he smiled.

"Always the polite, girl. Anyways, I know you know why are you here. All you need to do is to be yourself. I hope he will be more kind now. Anyways, you'll meet him tomorrow. He's in Lima City to visit the family there. All I can say is good luck and hope you like it here." He said and I nodded.

"Thanks." I replied and bowed down again as I heard him chuckle. Nicole smiled at me and escorted me to my room.

"You know, you're too kind." She stated and I smiled. I gasped at the sight of my room.

"Is this my room ? For real ?" I gushed and she nodded.

"This is like my whole house in size." I said and she smiled. She motioned me to come to her.

"Since you're a new contestant, the King bought you different clothes and shoes." She said and I gasped at the sight of different dresses. I walked through the closet and turned around.

"This is like a paradise of clothes and shoes." I said and she nodded. I smiled and touched some dresses.

"Do you like it ?" She asked while we were going towards the bed.

"I love it. This is beyond of what I expected." I told her and she smiled.

"Can I ask you something ?" I said and she nodded.

"How does he look like ?" I asked and her smile turned into a smirk.

"Curios now aren't we ?" She teased and I glared at her and she just chuckled.

"Well, he's handsome. Just think about King Jared but more younger." She said. I frowned.

"Thanks for the help." I sarcastically said.

"Just be careful, he has anger issues. Don't get into his way and don't push him to snap at you." She said. Hearing this, I was now curios about Prince Harry.

----

Night cames and Nicole went back to the maid's lounge and I couldn't sleep. I'm the kind of girl who likes to look at the stars before going to bed. So, I opened the door and find my way to the nearest balcony. I looked side to side and saw that the hallways were empty. I sighed and walked across the carpeted floor.

I saw the balcony but when I was on my way there, I crashed into a hard chest.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to." I said and looked up and suddenly all I could do is stare.

----

♚Character's Every Chapter GIF♚

🐶🐶🐶
A/n: How was it? Meet me in the Hallway was one of my favorite but all of the tracks is my favorite. Are you ready for the next chapter? 😉😉 Don't forget to Comment and Vote.

Thanks,

Yricka

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 107 25
Sometimes in life we draw invisible lines... Kadence Martin drew many of them, to protect herself, to make sure the rules were never broken. She liv...
76.6K 1.2K 61
(This book is getting edited) when i felt in love i thought that i felt for the wrong guy but then he became my destiny. justin bieber... he made me...
81.9K 2.8K 87
[START : 21 JULY, 2020] [COMPLETE : 19 AUGUST, 2023] #1 in murder #1 in Possessive He kissed me back with urgency, at last pulling my bottom lip bet...
45.7K 710 46
// A W2S Fanfic // If it is true that "insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results", then Alex had been livi...