Mellifluous - Tronnor

By goodcliche

mellifluous [muh-lif-loo-uh s] adjective 1. sweetly or smoothly flowing; sweet-sounding: a mellifluous voic... More

zero
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
something i wanna say // not an update
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
fifty one
fifty two
fifty three
fifty four
fifty five
fifty six
fifty seven
fifty eight
fifty nine
sixty
sixty one
epilogue
acknowledgements & a new story

thirteen

1K 32 37
By goodcliche

T R O Y E

It was Friday evening now, and I couldn't be more relieved when I got into the car with Steele. I had survived another week at this hell called high school, and even though the meeting I was going to have was way more terrifying than anything else today, I was relieved. We would come to a solution. I was sure of it. And I would see Emma again. I hadn't seen here in three weeks, and though that might not sounds as a lot to many people, it was for me. Emma and I used to meet up at least once a week, and she'd become a great friend of mine.

"EMMAA!" I yelled and ran up to her, hugging her in the process. Even though I wasn't really strong or had muscles to begin with, I picked her up and spend her around. I had really missed her. Steele was driving away already, waving at me. He'd pick me up when we're done, and because I had no idea when that was going to be, he was going into town and basically sit and wait for me to call.

We walked into the tall building together, while catching up a little bit. The main focus of the meeting was something we avoided, but my mind kept drifting towards it no matter what. It wasn't like not talking about it for two minutes really delayed thinking about it.

-

"So, maybe it's best if we just ignore it on twitter. Troye, do you have any idea who even could've tweeted the lyrics to start with? I think the original tweet's deleted, I can't find it anywhere." Emma asked me. We'd been sitting here for about half an hour, and I was feeling a bit better already. Having decided on what to partially do with it made me feel a bit more at ease. It made me think that, of course, everything would be alright again.

"Eh, I don't know. But last week, I was carrying the song book with me, as I always do, and this guy called Caspar Lee grabbed it out of my hands and read those lines that were tweeted. And some more. But I don't know if it was him. It could've been anything in that class, really. I don't think they know like, not to sound arrogant or anything, but I don't think they even know who I am? Does that sound arrogant?"

I looked down at my lap, fiddling with my fingers and the hem of my shirt. I didn't even want to think about this getting out at school. Because we only had one more song to finish, and then record everything and make the music and announce it. And seeing the impact of this, I didn't want to think about what would happen if any more lyrics- or even worse, that I was making an EP- came out. It wasn't something the people were to know yet.

I heard Emma and Alex swear, and I already felt bad for saying that. I mean, it wasn't like I couldn't have told them, but still. I didn't want to disappoint anyone. But I also didn't want to offend anyone or hold things back. And since it was highly likely that someone from that class posted the lyrics, it seemed only logical I tell them. Another possibility had formed in my head, but he would never.

"There-," I started hesitantly, "There's also this boy called Connor. We became friends. And I kinda told him about the EP and all after you," I nodded towards Emma, "called yesterday, and he was in Social Studies too when Caspar read those lyrics out loud, but he wouldn't be the one that tweeted it. I'm a hundred procent sure of that."

I didn't know why I'd said that, but then again, I think they had the right that, besides my family, Kayla, and Kerri, Connor now knew too. "I also told Zoe and Tyler. They skyped me." I said after that. "But that doesn't have anything to do with the leaked lyrics. I just thought you guys should know that."

The blondine sitting opposite to me nodded and smiled at me. It was silent for a couple minutes, when she asked something that, of course, had occurred in my mind.

"Well, if you're pretty sure it was in that class Troye, why don't you just stand up and ask them?"

Emma made it sounds so easy. So natural. And of course, I had thought of that. But I didn't have the damn nerved to stand up in, I don't know, the middle of class and just bluntly asks who the fuck tweeted out lyrics to 'Fun'. I mean, I still was the new kid, and it wasn't like they liked me. In music, yeah, but they just liked my voice there. I didn't really think they liked me. They liked that I could sing, but they were making fun of me just before they knew that, and I felt like they still were, just more without me noticing.

I looked up at her now, smiling a bit, my eyes wandering around the room, looking for anything to fix my gaze on. "I know, but it's not like I can just walk into class like 'Hey, who of you little fuckers posted my lyrics onto twitter, thank you very much I now hate you.'" Everyone chuckled at that, but I didn't. I mean, I was sure I would feel really, really uncomfortable. And they all would just laugh. They would all just point at me and say 'who the hell does that lanky kid think he is'. I sighed and wanted to hide once again.

"No. I agree that may not be the most convenient way to find out who posted it. But the basic idea of asking in your class is a good one. We now just need to find out how."

Another 30 minutes later, we had a list of ways we could ask my class, and we were also laugh-crying by now. Look at us, three people between ages 18 and 25 laughing their buts of in a studio. Oh well. That's life for y'all.

The list of how-will-we-know:

- Just ask them standing up (in front)

-Have the teacher ask

-Make a fake survey and have the last question ask it

-Sing a song to ask

-Bribe them

-Torture them

-Go to the pits of hell because that's where you'll go anyway bc ur gay af and get Satan to ask them

-Confess your love to the person that tweeted it

Basically, we had started normal. But well, It didn't really last long. Eventually we decided that both Emma and Alex would come with me to ask, and we'd just ask up front in the classroom when everyone was there. And stay until we knew. What a masterplan.

"So..." I began. This concluded the end of our meeting, really, but it was only 18:09, we were hungry, and I had the inspiration to write. But I guess that had to wait until tomorrow, when I'd meet up with Alex and some others to write and sing and maybe even record something. This was an emergency meeting anyway, and there were others that needed the studio we were currently sat in.

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow Alex?" I stood up and gave her a hug, while I looked at Emma with a raised eyebrow.

"You can stay with us if you want, Em?" I asker her, but she already shook her head.

"Nah, you go home. I've booked an hotel here. I figured you'd maybe need me for longer than just this meeting." Her lopsided grin made me grin too, and we waved goodbye to Alex and left the building.

Steele was already waiting outside with the car when we got to the parking lot, and we took a small detour to drop Emma of at her hotel. My thoughts went back to the meeting, and I loved how- despite the serious matter of leaked lyrics- much fun we'd had. I felt more relieved, knowing we'd find out who tweeted the lyrics. Because surely they would tell, right? I mean. When a manager, a songwriter and a singer/youtuber are demanding it, surely they'll confess. Right?

We got home and I was ready to run inside, go to the toilet and eat heated up food. Turned out, that wasn't how it went. When I got inside, I was attacked with hugs from two sides. Of girls who I'd recognise anywhere.

"Kayla? Kerri? What are you guys doing here ohmygod!" We shouted and hugged. But then I really had to go and pee and I was also really hungry. So we talked whilst I ate my food. 

I couldn't believe they were here. 'For support', they'd said. But still, I thought it would take another two months until I would get to see them in person again. I had already missed them so much, and with what was going on right now, I was really really happy to have them here.

YAY. Fûck wattpad though. I was gonna finish this chapter about 90 minutes ago, but wattpad was having errors and basically hating me so yeah. Staying up and reading other fanfiction until you can finish your own instead of sleeping is good, right? I'm so sorry for the last like 2/300 words? They're really crappy but I wrote the other stuff on my laptop before wattpad hated me. Also, life update: I'm not sick anymore. But, I'm doubting. Because Saturday I have this track&field thing, but idk, I wanna go to the stables because otherwise I'll be going there just next week and the three weeks after that I won't so I'll like have ridden one time in eight weeks and that's really not okay? And the track thing was voluntary and idk man, I wanna go to the stables. I'll just ask my dad what to do. I mean, they need athletes. Sure he knows who else there'll be. Because if they like need me, sure. But otherwise idk.

I REALLY HOPED YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER WHY I AM I SHOUTING IDK. No but really, I do. Love you lots! You guys commenting literally makes my day. As well as just reading and maybe voting. I hope this chapter isn't too boring/crappy (: ILY

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.8M 498K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
857K 45.5K 32
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
758K 29.9K 42
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...