Don't Forget About Me| August...

By MeMe_Alsina_

My name, is Armani- meaning shy, unique, and for those I care about, relentless. I'm from downtown New Orlean... More

Prologue
|1|
|2|
|3|
|4|
|5|
|6|
|7|
|8|
|9|
|10|
|11|
|12|
|13|
|14|
|15|
|16|
|17|
|18|
|19|
|20|
|21|
|22|
|23|
|24|
|25|
|26|
|27|
|28|
|29|
Attention!
|30|
|31|
|32|
|33|
|34|
|35|
|36|
|37|
|38|
|39|
|40|
|41|
|42|
|43|
|44|
|45|
|46|
|47|
|48|
|49|
|50|
|51|
|52|
Ok so heres the deal!
|53|
|54|
|55|
|56|
|57|
|58|
|59|
|60|
|62|
|63|
|64|
|65|
|66|
|67|
|68|
|69|
|70|
|71|
|72|
|73|
|74|
|75|
|76|
Just Ashamed!
|77|
|78|
|79|
|80|
|81|
|82|
|83|
|84|
|85|
|86|
|87|
|88|
|89|
|90|
It's out my loves!
|91|
Epilogue
Final Thoughts

|61|

13K 631 161
By MeMe_Alsina_

I'm Staying With Her

Same Day
4:22 P. M.

Kaliana (POV)

"Please Aug, put it down." I supplicated.

"Kali you brought dis' nigga in hea' knowin' he was against us?!"

"It's not like dat' juss-,"

"Strictly family, I said strictly family, but hea' you go bringin' in da' enemy!" He continued standing from his seat.

I've never seen August this upset, and especially not at me. His skin had turned a tinted shade of red and the viens in his forehead were more than visible. The fear taking over my heart was overwhelming, which ultimately caused me to cry as I backed away from a yelling August. It was rare that I got scared like this but I couldn't help it.

It's a good thing mama went to go get Chandra and the girls from the house, because she would have had a heart attack if she seen August yelling at me like this.

"You betta' calm yo' stick lookin' ass down August,"Mani warned cutting her eyes at him,"You already know how I gets bout' dat' one."

"Mani look at what she did, Kali you too damn smart ta' be doin' shit like dat'! You made a desicion dat' has put dis' family in danger!"

"I-I-I didn't-,"

"Ain' tryna hea' no excuses Kali. I'm dissapointed in you."

"August-,"

"No mani ain' tryna hea' dat' shit eitha'!"

At that point I tuned everything out and got lost in the flashbacks that kept running through my mind, the same ones my grandmother predicted I would forget. I couldn't take seeing a man angry, it always brought up so many unwanted memories. Those of what he did to me years ago.

While those reminders went off in my head, for some reason I felt as if my heart was pounding a bit rapidly, like at a pace that wasn't safe for my heart in particular to be beating. From the way my skin was beginning to lose its warmness I knew a seizure was coming. And if I didn't get my breathing and heart to a steady rate it's possibly that this time it could be fatal, or at least that's what the doctor said it would be.

"August shut the fuck up now!" Mani yelled raking her eyes over me.

"Who the fuck you think you talkin' to Armani!"

"August seriously, shut up right now!" She said glancing at me.

I felt my eyes attempting to roll to the back of my head and knew then that it was only a matter of time before I collapsed. But right before I allowed myself to be taken over I felt a presence come beside me.

"Aye bruh, chill!" I heard Quantre yell at August- I mean I heard Quantre ask for a death wish.

"Who the fuck-,"

"Look at what the fuck you doing to her! She can hardly catch a motherfucking breath right now! Stop fucking yelling at her and listen to what the hell she has to say!" He yelled getting chest to chest with August.

Shaking his head Quantre exited the living room and walked down the hall, I'm guessing to my room. August then looked over at me, but I quickly turned away. I couldn't even look him in his eyes without feeling like I was looking at someone else. My body was still trying to go into shock, so as of now I had to focus on not letting my heart get overwhelmed with all this pressure closing in on it. I wasn't trying to go to the hospital and be laid up while my family still had to look over their shoulders.

Quantre had returned from the back, ceasing Mani's scolding on August as he walked around the couch. He came back to where I was standing and wrapped the cover that he had in his arms around my body; I hadn't even realize my body temperature had dropped so low until his warm hand came in contact with my seemingly frozen skin. He tightened the cover around me and tried to usher me over to the couch, but of course my body was too busy trying to flake out on me.

"Kali your shaking,"He sighed sadly,"Can you even move?" He asked.

Shamefully I shook my head no. I held on to the cover tightly so that no one could see how badly my body was quaking.

He nodded his head and in a quick motion he had me in his arms bridal style taking me over to the other couch and setting me down gently.

Disappearing again he walked into the kitchen. Mani stood from her seat, and I'm positive she was going to get my emergency medicine bag out of the rental car. She always kept one with us to ensure that if my heart started giving my body signs of shutting down, she would be able to revive me — or to at least calm me down.

I felt August looking at me, but I just continued looking at the coffee table.

"Kali I-,"

"It's ok Auggie Pooh,"I smiled,"I get it. Let's juss' forget about it."

"Bug ain' mean ta-,"

He stopped talking when Quan reentered the living room with a mug in his hands. He set it on the table before kneeling down in front of me and looking into my face.

"Can you hold anything?" He asked softly.

"Once my sista' give me my medicine I can."

"Alright,"He nodded."Um, are you hungry? You want anything, you comfortable?"

"I'm fine. Thank you."

Mani soon returned with my medicine and was about to stick the needle in my arm until she was stopped by Mr. Curious sitting beside me.

"Is that gone hurt her?"

"No, she's use to it now, it's gonna be a small pinch at the most."

"Will she be alright?"

Letting out a small chuckle, she nodded her head yes,"She'll be fine, just sleepy. Really, really sleepy."

After wiping my inner arm with an alcohol pad, she uncapped the already filled needle flicking at the top of it three times. Once that was done she placed it on my arm, and just as she said, I felt nothing more than a small pinch.

But that still didn't stop Quan from asking me if I was okay afterwards.

"All done." She smiled kissing my forehead."I luh' you my love."

"I luh' you too sissy."

She reclaimed her seat next to August and continued to tell him how he was on punishment and was going to be getting his ass beat.

"Here,"Quan picked up the cup,"This should warm you up."

I took the cup from him and inhaled the deliciously sweet smell of hot chocolate.

"Thanks..... Drew." I joked taking a sip of this tasty beverage.

"Oh wow, really, I thought we were pass that."

"What even made you say Drew, I mean it doesn't even match you."

He smacked his lips, causing me to laugh,"Mane I don't know. I was trying to be all undercover and what not, but we see how that worked out."

"Yea, you lookin' dumb." I mumbled sipping some more.

"Why you bringing me down though? Come on man, black folks need to stick together bruh."

"Awww whatever,"I waved him off laughing a little to myself.

"Sooooo.....are we still doing it."

"Doing what?" I scrunched up my face.

"Telling them about King."

"Oh yea, of course we are. We have no other choice but to tell them."

"Yeah you're right, we should really tell them, I think he'll be more understanding and actually listen to us now."

"Yea,"I yawned,"I think so too."

He smiled over at me and shook his head, for what reason, I don't know. But I just shook it off.

"Get some rest lil mama, we can discuss everything when you wake up, alright?"

"Okey dokey." I sighed laying my head on his shoulder and soon falling into a deep slumber.

*

*

*

Waking up I heard the familiar voices filling up my ears as I tried to adjust to my surroundings.

"Yeah man, I was wrong and I apologize fa' dat', it look like I had ya' all wrong." I heard a voice say, a voice that was no doubt August.

"It's alright, I get it, I promise I'm not out to hurt any of you. I mean after I met Kali it was like fuck what King on, I gotta help these innocent people."

"Yeaaa,"August chuckled,"These two have dat' affect on you. Shid I tried ta' kill ha' when I first met her, nah' I can't imagine life without ha'."

"So-So what I feel...... It's....normal?"

"It depends, what exactly do you feel?"

It was silent for a moment and I soon felt small circles being rubbed into the center of my back. I still haven't opened my eyes yet, simply because I'm being my cute little nosy self.

A cool breeze of mint hit my cheek as he let out a deep sigh,"I feel like-like I gotta keep her, like I gotta...and if.... Ahh man I don't know! It's just... I don't know."

"Like you have ta' keep her safe, and protect her from the world if you have too, am I right?"

"Yes! And that-that shit is scary yo'! Like I just met this girl and I'm willing to give up everything. I'm playing with my life just by being over here right now and the crazy part is that's the least of my concerns at the moment......I don't even know her, but it feels like I do." He sighed heavily again,"Bruh, do I sound crazy? Like seriously cause a nigga feel a lil crazy."

"Ta' be honest wit'cha if you was telling' me all dis' shit bout' some otha' lil girl I might tell you ta' get'cho delusional ass on some wea'."

"But-,"

"But as I said before, when it comes ta' Kali and Mani they can make a nigga do some crazy shit lil youngsta'. I can't say you crazy cause the day I met Armani I felt the same way. I was confused juss' like you, ain' know whetha' ta' like this feelin' or run like hell from it."

"What did you do?"

"I ran from it at first, but eventually as time went on.... she trapped me bruh, I couldn't even deny what she was doin' ta' me."

Leave it to August to make me tear up while I'm trying to fake being sleep. From the way I was laying I knew my head was in his lap and I was facing him; the smell of his cologne kept lingering in my nose, causing me to snuggle into his stomach a little more.

"I see nah' dat' chu' in the same boat I was in and still is, but if you the good guy like you say you are my lil bug gone come around....but keep in mind that she is my child and if you hurt ha' in any way, you'll be gettin' a visit from me."

"I-I understand."

"One shot youngsta', dat's all it takes."

"I get it, I get it,"He surrendered, sounding a bit frightened,"but um, so like, do they always sleep like this?"

"Nawl, Kali medicine knocks ha' out, but Mani juss' goes when'eva. Why? You need sum'n?"

"No...Well yeah, I need her to help me tell you guys something."

"Is it serious?"

"Yeah, it might make you hate me again."

"Ion' hate nobody, only muthafucka' that can earn my hate is da' nigga below my feet."

"Well keep that in mind, okay?"

I felt my body being rocked side to side, but I couldn't just hop up- I had to play it off.

"Kali, wake up mama."

I gracefully fluttered my eyes open looking up into to his sterling brown eyes that seemed to shine even more once he smiled down at me.

"Get up sleepy head."

"Do I have to?"

He nodded his head and let out a soft chortle,"Yes, yes you do. It's still one bomb that needs to be dropped, and I can't do it alone."

Already knowing what bomb he was speaking of, I quickly sat up; attentive and ready to get this last piece of the puzzle out of the way. I'm assuming that while I was asleep that they all had discussed everything that they knew, and somehow Quan miraculously managed to beat around the fact that Lucky was his father. Basically he left the hard part to me.

"You should sit ova' hea' behind me." I told him and he surprised me when he said no.

"If he flip out I'm not about to put you in the line of fire again, hell no. I'm staying right here."He whispered.

I nodded my head and sat up a bit so I could see August a bit clearer, and the look on his face read concern and confusion.

"Auggie Pooh do you rememba' when I was two?"

"Yea of course."

Good, this should make things easier.

"Well do you rememba' on certain days dat' a lil boy would come around wit' Chay and me?" I questioned hoping, praying, it would spark up some type of memory of the past.

"Um yea, yea... Luck son,"He snapped his fingers."Lil bad ass muthafucka." He chuckled.

"Right and do you rememba' what happened ta' him."

"Yeah he was sent away ta' live wit' his mama,"He paused shaking his head then looking up at us,"What dat' got ta' do wit' anything?"

"I'm that little boy."

"Fuck you mean youngsta'?"

"I'm him." He clarified again.

"You....his son? Our Lucky's son?"

"Yes, but that's not all you need to know-,"

"I know dat' ya' pops worked fa' Mel, I know dat' you his son, but what I don't know is why would Lucky's son be workin' fa' the enemy. Why the fuck would he lie about sendin' you away when you right hea' in front'a me now?"

I could sense the frustration and tension building up in the room, while August looked at Quan for what seemed like an hour.

"Auggie Pooh," I sighed,"H-,"

"Nah' if you worked fa' King, and King afta' us, and you Lucky son I'm sure Luck knew about this shit."

"Y-,"

"Dat' mean Lucky had to know bout' dis' shit before it even reached me!" He pointed to his heaving chest.

Mani rapidly rose up from her sleeping state and instantly began to calm him down by rubbing at his back — something only she could do.

"What's goin' on? Why is he like this?" She questioned turning towards us.

Deciding that there was no easy way to pass the news off to them , I concluded that the best way to do it was to just come out with it and deal with the fire that will some be rising.

I looked from Mani then to August, and the hurt look that his face was wearing let me know that he had already figured out what I was just about to say.

"Mani, Lucky is Quantre's dad."

"What baybeh?"

"Our Lucky is his pops Mani."

"What?! That makes no sense." She fumigated," Lucky's son is in New York wit' his mama."

"Actually I never left, I was taken away." He confirmed, making me look at him for a moment because I'd never heard that part of the story.

"W-Wait a minute,"She said on the verge of tears."What are you sayin'?"

"He sayin' that Lucky been playin' us this whole fuckin' time dawg!"

The feeling of being betrayed by a loved one is one of the worst feelings there is. You put your trust into someone and they take that trust, and even your love, for granted. But no one in this room can be more hurt and angry as August is. He knew Lucky before all of us. Him and Mel both looked up to him, and for him to turn his back on his family the way that he did can only result in one outcome. He will be punished.

And the odds won't be in his favor.......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reporter from wattpad: I'm here today with the Author of Don't Forget About Me, so how are you feeling?

Me: I'm feel the man of the year, happy to be up in nis' bitch! G shit only, gang gang. Stay ready so ain' gotta get ready!"

Reporter: So how does it feel to know that your book is only a few views away from being at 200k?

Me:*gets off of the table top, gets serious and puts down gang signs*

On some real stuff I have no one to thank but my beautiful amazing readers Miss. Reporter lady.

Not only did they stick by my side but they supported me through everything with helpful comments, private encouraging messages, and even telling me how my story actually helped them in their day to day lives- and to be honest their the real MVP's here, because if it weren't for them it wouldn't be a story nor all of those views that are sitting pretty. So for all my readers I love y'all for forever and a day my loves and I thank you ion really know where I would be without you, it worked out man we deserved it! All my niggas from the 6 look at what we did! I'm out doe, G shit, no weak shit!

Kml but seriously thank you guys, maaannn y'all are amazing seriously.

Excuse all mistakes!

MeMe loves y'all
Xoxoxo
Just a real nigga commin' through... 👑

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

304K 10K 57
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ★★★ "Stop moving and stay still." "Then tell me where we are going then," I replied, getting annoye...
His Block By ro.

Fanfiction

2.1M 84.8K 50
What if the love of your life only stood across the street from you? What would you do? Cross the street or wait for them to do so? Would you guys b...
44.9K 1.6K 23
"I don't have a heart . " he said leaning away from her touch . her light was too overwhelming for the darkness inside his very soul . he was the tr...
983K 38.4K 51
If my life is without you, it may never be the same. I crossed that street, only for debris to set me back. The busy streets washed past us trampl...