Don't Forget About Me| August...

By MeMe_Alsina_

My name, is Armani- meaning shy, unique, and for those I care about, relentless. I'm from downtown New Orlean... More

Prologue
|1|
|2|
|3|
|4|
|5|
|6|
|7|
|8|
|9|
|10|
|11|
|12|
|13|
|14|
|15|
|16|
|17|
|18|
|19|
|20|
|21|
|22|
|23|
|24|
|25|
|26|
|27|
|28|
|29|
Attention!
|30|
|31|
|32|
|33|
|34|
|35|
|36|
|37|
|38|
|39|
|41|
|42|
|43|
|44|
|45|
|46|
|47|
|48|
|49|
|50|
|51|
|52|
Ok so heres the deal!
|53|
|54|
|55|
|56|
|57|
|58|
|59|
|60|
|61|
|62|
|63|
|64|
|65|
|66|
|67|
|68|
|69|
|70|
|71|
|72|
|73|
|74|
|75|
|76|
Just Ashamed!
|77|
|78|
|79|
|80|
|81|
|82|
|83|
|84|
|85|
|86|
|87|
|88|
|89|
|90|
It's out my loves!
|91|
Epilogue
Final Thoughts

|40|

19.6K 779 386
By MeMe_Alsina_

New Flame

Armani (POV)

"So who do you think it is though, I mean like are you sure it's one of...them?"

"Jazmine,"I sighed," Them da' only muthafuckas it could be, I'm positive it's one of them."

"I just, I just wish you guys could catch a break, you know? Actually have a little peace."

"We're gonna be fine, sometimes ya' juss' gotta work wit' what life gives ya', even if it is a bucket of shit." I mumbled with a small shrug.

"I've always admired you for that Mani."

"For what?"

"Your strength and determination, you've taken everything life has thrown at you without even showing signs of backing down. You and Kali both. I've never been able to be that strong. You're taking the world down to its knees mama."

I looked up from the clothes that I had in my boxes and seen her smiling down at me. I pouted as I reached out for a hug that she gladly obliged to giving me.

"Thank you so much bestie, I luh' yo' ass girl."

"I love you too."

I pulled away from her embrace and proceeded with packing up my valuable items, while Jazmine just looked at me with this stupid ass grin— trying her best to make fun of this whole situation. Not the fact that there was a hit out for me or Kali, but the aftermath of all of this which was... Ugh, can't even talk about it.

"So,"She said casually,"You think you're going to like your new living arrangement?" She asked with amusement lacing her voice.

"Please don't make me fuck ya' life up." I mumbled folding a pair of booty shorts.

It has been about three days since the incident with the note and the whole break in happened. To be honest I wasn't scared for my safety, but more so for Kali. When I tell you that little girl is my everything, I mean it from the pits of my soul. I would walk through hells fire for an eternity to keep her safe.

So if keeping her safe meant living with a bitch ass nigga for a little bit, then so be it; anything for my sister's protection.

After all I am her keeper...

Hell, it wouldn't have mattered if I disagreed or not. The nigga wouldn't take no for an answer.

Plus I had to weigh my options here, I didn't really have much of a choice in this matter. Since me and Jazmine shared this house together we both had to relocate. Her going with Chris and me and Kali going with...him.

True, Chris had plenty of space for all of us, but I wouldn't dare put my brother's life in danger. He has a child that adores him and I know all too well how it is when a good man is ripped away from his children. Shit hurts your soul.

Even if August doesn't remember me I remember him very well. Which means I remember how smart he is, book and street wise. Him and Mel ran the streets back then— and even when Mel died and August left— their names still rang all throughout the '504'. So in our situation his street smart along with my own would really come in handy for me.

That is.....if I don't kill his ass first...

"All I asked was a question bruh, getting all hostile and shit." She laughed.

"Aight bitch, dat' question gone cost yo' ass ya' life fuckin' roun' wit' me."

"Girl that accent got my bestie sounding sexy as a bitch, don't ever hide that shit again! But aye,"She grew serious," All them threats keep that shit. Yeen' no savage."

"Ain' no killa' but don't push meh'."

"You ain't tough dude!" She exaggerated while stomping her foot with every word she said- while her hands remained in the pockets of her swear pants.

"Mane look, I throw hands not words when'eva you ready fa' dis' action let'a real nigga know."

She smacked her lips and shrugged a little,"Been ready since diaper days, yo' ass still got milk behind yo' ears."

"I'm self made, ion' fuck around wit' muh'fuckas dat' slick scared ta' get dis' work." I said standing to my feet and grabbing a few of my pictures off the dresser.

"Bitch, I'll beat yo' ass like we did Miracle and her lil friend don't play MoMo."

"Oop bitch, I'm done wit'cho ass. Get out." I laughed.

"Frog looking ass got mad cause her ass was stiff and yours could actually move,"Jazmine continued in a rant," Girl, I almost caught a case."

"What she do bestie?" I questioned egging her on.

"Tum'bout some I never had surgery," She looked around the room in disbelief along with annoyance," I was like Miracle yo' mama wouldn't like all these lies you telling an- matterfact I showed her ass a picture of how she looked."

"Bitch look like she be in pain." She mumbled.

I watched her as she unlocked her phone and started scrolling until she stopped and turned the phone in my direction.

When I seen the picture I nearly chocked on the air surrounding me I was laughing so hard. I bent over and leaned on the bed so I wouldn't fall from my loss of oxygen; actual tears streamed down my face from how hard I was laughing.

This is why I fucked with Jazmine, she was one of the coolest funniest laid back females you could ever meet. She always kept my ass high in spirits and when there was ever an 'altercation' she was the first one to be right by my side popping her knuckles and squaring up. I always had a friend in her and she always had one in me.

I was cracking up so hard at this fool that I almost didn't notice my phone was ringing on my bed. I retrieved it and scoffed at his unsaved number. He told me he would be by to help with the packing so I figured he was outside.

"Aye gone pick dis' up fa' meh'." I told Jazmine tossing the phone her way.

She looked at the phone and frowned before swiping the answer button and holding it up to her ear.

"Hello?"

-

"Oh hey brother in law what's up?"

Bitches always wanna play...

"Okay here I come."

-

"She's right here." She said smiling at me.

-

"Okay, okay here I come."

She hung up the phone and threw it on my bed and ran out the room, not even giving me a chance to question her about what they talked about.

A second or two past before I heard two voices in the distance, making my heart hurt a little.

"Stay calm nerves, it's ok, you're fine." I coached myself, something I always had to do when I knew August would be around.

"Auggie pooh!" I heard Kali yell, probably jumping right into his arms.

Traitor...

"Wazzam bug, what'chu been up ta'?"

"Nothin' much, I finished packin' up my room!"

"Well we can start wit' yo' room lil mama since ya' all set and ready ta' go."

I heard their footsteps gradually make their way up stairs, until all three of them came into view.

From where I was sitting he couldn't see me, but I seen him.

He had on an all black attire, including his V- Neck and sweats. He had on a pair of black Nike slides indicating that he had in fact just left his house. His hair and eyes had been covered up by a bucket hat that had stars all over it.

Its kinda funny how his eyes are always covered up nowadays. Those use to be the only thing I looked forward to seeing when I woke up in the morning.

When were young he would always find his way into my bed, or I'll find my way into his. It was never sexual though. It was always where I felt safest at— laying there in his arms.

Let him tell it, the only reason he came into my room was because he was cold.

It took him a while, but he finally did tell me the truth, I still remember what he told me too.

"I-I juss' I really like holdin' on ta' you, it's like dis' wea' I belong...hea'...wit' you. I hope youn' think dis' make meh' all mushy'n shit. It's juss' a nigga like bein' close ta' you, that's all."

He was so scared to tell me that, he thought for the longest that I was going to judge him and look at him in a different way, but that was never the case.

His eyes never changed, so why would my view of him change. It wouldn't change.

Until he did...

A knock on my door frame brought me out of my daze as I taped up my last box of clothes.

I turned and mentally composed myself.

"Wazzam Mani?"

"August."

He let out a low sigh and focused on the boxes instead of me."Ya' ready ta' get goin'?"

I stood to my feet and dusted off my shorts and thighs and then grabbed a box before looking his way."Let's get dis' shit ova' wit."

*

*

*

We were able to get all of our valuables and things that we would need moved in under three hours. I was a bit exhausted, but it's nothing I can't handle.

Once we were done with the back and forth routines, August brought me back to my condo so I could get my car.

Kali decided to stay with him so she could start getting her 'temporary' room to her liking.

At the moment I was driving back to his house listening to the soothing voice of Tank, as he softly sung one of his many hits- I can't make you love me.

I was truly dreading this whole experience, with staying under the same roof as August. The only fear I had concerning me and him was what if he trapped me back in using his eyes.

What if I became a fool yet again and fell for all of his lies?

What if he ripped my happiness away again?

What if he broke down the wall I built up specifically for him?

W-What if the love I had for him comes back?

I shook my head to rid those thoughts of him out of my mind as I pulled up to his house.

I slowly drove up the drive way of his, what I consider to be a mansion, and noticed this dummy sitting on the top of his truck watching the hell out of me.

"Ya' in fa' da' night ma?" He asked me as I was getting out of my car.

"Yea, I guess I am."

I walked inside the house not once looking back at him.

I closed the door behind me and finally got a chance to take everything in, and I must say, I was impressed. I figured his place would be nice, August has always had good taste.

Hell, the nigga use to practically dress me everyday, with his feminine ass.

I walked over to the mantel where I seen a picture of Mel and engraved in the frame was 'Self Made ~ Rest In Paradise'.

I grazed my finger tips over the picture and softly smiled thinking of all the times we shared. I laughed a bittersweet laugh as I pushed back the tears at the brim of my eyes. I was happy he was at peace, but at the same time he— of all people— didn't deserve to die.

I would have gladly given my life that day if it meant that Mel got a chance to be back here with all the people that loved him dearly. When I seen him coming out of that brightness I didn't think that I could make it, not without him...he saved me. He was my angel that I didn't know would have to go home so soon.

But I suppose it's okay, because those wings that are upon his back were well deserved.

Me not having a stable home or life, Mel literally raised me; along with mama Shelia of course. If it weren't for him I would have been back in New Orleans and Kali would be— I can't bring myself to think about what she would of had to endure.

All in all Mel was our hero and my best fucking friend, and he always will be for forever and a day.

"Don't neva' let yo' situation make ya', be a self made nigga." I said quietly to myself— reminiscing in all the times he spoke those words to me.

"I miss'em so much, sometimes I juss' think how thangs would be if he was hea'." August spoke startling me, which made me jump a little.

"Sorry ain' mean ta' scare ya', I was juss'-,"

"It's cool." I spat at him.

"Can I ask ya' sum'n?"

"What?"

"Why ya' so bitter?"

Because I'm afraid...

"Excuse me?"

"Ya' always uptight and mean, all I wanna do is help y'all."

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why ya' wanna help us?"

"Because I-I feel like it's my job ta' keep y'all safe."

"Why?"

"Bruh why-,"

"I said why?"

"Because.....it's like if some happen ta' y'all I might lose myself."

But my love, you already have...

"When you realize da' pain ya' caused us, then maybe you'll know why I'm so bitter. Til then leave me da' fuck alone.

I watched as he clenched and unclenched his jaw as he looked down at me with a glare that had me even more intimidated.

"Ya' know what, fuck it! I'm tired of kissin' yo' fuckin' as dawg! Yungin' ain't wit' dis' shit! I tried gettin' through ta' you but you actin' like a stick up ya' ass!"

"Bitch I sho-,"

"Shut da' fuck up! Ya' want me ta treat ya' like I treat these otha' hoes? Fine! I'll do juss' dat' cause I'm tie'd of yo' ass! Tryna get through ta' you and right my wrongs but fuck dat' shit and yo' stuck up ass! Actin' like you got daddy issues. Fuck outta' hea'."

I stood there in complete disbelief as I allowed his words to fully sink into my mind.

Daddy issues, huh? You use to help me with them...

I was hurt, alone and confused all at once. How could he say such hurtful cruel words to me. He's the one that forgot us, he left us with broken hearts and hope that soon faded away.

He was the reason I was so afraid.

What he just said to me will not go unpunished. He'd just lit a new flame in my heart full of more hatred that shined down on him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Excuse all mistakes!

Share, vote, and comment please!

MeMe loves y'all
Xoxoxo
Just a real nigga commin' through...😢

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 253 39
"You've become so damaged that when someone tries to give you what you deserve, you have no idea how to respond." He says taking a step closer to me...
114K 3.2K 42
Series in order ♥ { • My Brother Bestfriend } { • This Thing Called Life } { • This Is Our Life } [ This is the first book of the three book series...
13.1K 572 43
What if someone becomes your life without even your knowledge. When someone breaks down all the walls and snatches your heart away...... ...
304K 10K 57
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ★★★ "Stop moving and stay still." "Then tell me where we are going then," I replied, getting annoye...