Don't Forget About Me| August...

By MeMe_Alsina_

My name, is Armani- meaning shy, unique, and for those I care about, relentless. I'm from downtown New Orlean... More

Prologue
|1|
|2|
|3|
|4|
|5|
|6|
|7|
|8|
|9|
|10|
|11|
|13|
|14|
|15|
|16|
|17|
|18|
|19|
|20|
|21|
|22|
|23|
|24|
|25|
|26|
|27|
|28|
|29|
Attention!
|30|
|31|
|32|
|33|
|34|
|35|
|36|
|37|
|38|
|39|
|40|
|41|
|42|
|43|
|44|
|45|
|46|
|47|
|48|
|49|
|50|
|51|
|52|
Ok so heres the deal!
|53|
|54|
|55|
|56|
|57|
|58|
|59|
|60|
|61|
|62|
|63|
|64|
|65|
|66|
|67|
|68|
|69|
|70|
|71|
|72|
|73|
|74|
|75|
|76|
Just Ashamed!
|77|
|78|
|79|
|80|
|81|
|82|
|83|
|84|
|85|
|86|
|87|
|88|
|89|
|90|
It's out my loves!
|91|
Epilogue
Final Thoughts

|12|

28.2K 891 476
By MeMe_Alsina_

Chandra in the mm

I Gotta Get Out

August (POV)

Three days it's been, three long days since we visited Mani's old house, and I must say- it was a terrible idea.

She's been so unresponsive and emotionless just like the day we first met, the only difference was the new her was now mixing with the old her. She mixed all her anger with her pain, and a combination like that is deadly. In the end someone will get hurt.

I tried talking to her, reaching out to her, but all she does is lock herself in the room that she shares with Kali. She's been so distant that Mel decided it would be best to take Kali with him for a few days, since she couldn't wrap her little mind around why her big sister was neglecting her.

That's actually how I knew her pain ran deeper than what we seen on the outside, she was neglecting Kali. That little girl was the whole reason she wanted to better herself. The whole time she was in the hospital she whined about how she needed to get better and stronger for Kali, but now she can't even do that for herself.

She fails to realize she's only twelve, she can't deal with things on her own- she's still a child at the end of the day.

Mel told me to give her some time and she would be better, but he didn't understand I was drawn to that girl. I wanted- I needed to be around her whenever I could, she was someone I needed now and I couldn't lose her this way.

Even though I wanted to be with her and help her, I figured it would be best to let her grieve in peace. I refused to let my selfishness deprive her of the time she needed to get back to where she was moving forward to, well that and because every time I tried to come around her she would tell me don't touch her or leave her the fuck alone. So I just gave up.

Her being in this mood put me in an even worse mood, I just wanted to make her happy again, like I promised. She wouldn't go to school she wouldn't eat. Hell, the only time she came out was to shower and that was when she thought everyone was asleep or gone.

I stopped pondering my thoughts once I heard screams, loud screams, ear shattering screams. Since my mama was at work and Kali was gone it could only be one person.

Armani

I jumped up from my bed and ran down the hall way in under a second. I bust through the door and seen Armani yelling, punching nothing but air. I made my way to her and eased in the bed gripping her wrist to cease her outburst.

"Shh shh, mama it's ok I'm hea' fa' you."

She stirred in my arms until she finally relaxed pulling me in close to her as she slept. I wrapped my arms around her and caressed her back humming a soothing tone. I can't lie and say she didn't feel good. It felt right being with her like this, I missed her.

I felt her body tense up in my arms, I sighed to myself knowing she was awake and about to snap on me.

"Aug get da' fuc-"

"Mani shut da' fuck up I'm tie'd of dis' shit!" I stood up so that I could get a good look at her as I poured out the way I been feeling for these pass few days.

"Ya' thank I'm juss' spose' ta' sit here and watch ya' self destruct bruh, I know ya' hurtin' I understan' dat, but I can't help ya' if ya' push me away. Mani I'm here fa' ya', always will be. I'll be thea' ta' catch ya' when you can't catch ya'self baybeh, and right nah' ya' fallin' and I juss' wanna catch you."

I sat back on the bed and stared at the blank expression on her face, she glanced towards the covers then back at the window. I then took her hands in mine making her eyes lock with mine.

"I know ya' want ta' deal with dis' alone, but mama ya' can't. I see yo hurt and I could help you heal dat', j-juss' let me help."

Her once emotionless face, began to form into a scowl as she stared into my eyes. She looked as if she could kill someone, I could even feel the heat radiating off of her skin that I was inches towards.

"Why does it hurt so much Aug, I juss' want it ta' go da' fuck away." She gritted through her now visible tears.

"She knew s-s-she knew I would find that shit, she l-led me ta' it,"She hiccuped," I juss' wanna be normal."

"Baybeh it's a process, but ya' not in it alone,"I assured her,"When ya' feelin' down juss' remember ya' have all of us hea' wit' you now. It's not juss' you no more."

She nodded her head then collapsed on top of me wrapping her arms tightly around me.

"Ya' hair a mess baybeh'."

Nodding her head she agreed with what I said. Even though she was looking pretty rough right now she was still a blessing to the eyes.

In my pursue to get her back on the track to the new Armani, I know there are things I'll have to do. For one, I'm going to have to get back to building her up- back to seeing she really is beautiful, which she always have been. I need her to know that when she walks into a room all eyes fall on her simply because she is truly gorgeous.

"C'mon." I grabbed her hand.

I took her to my room and motioned for her to sit on my bed. She did as I asked while I went and grabbed the book from the top of my closet. I walked back over to her and stretched the book out in her direction. She stared at the album in my hand, not knowing what to do with it I suppose. She then gazed up at me, with an expression I couldn't quite make out. I set it in her lap and gave her a small smile.

"Thank ya' Auggie."

"Ya' welcome baybeh, I figured ya' would want all those memories in thea',"I shrugged,"But go get ready."

"B-But, wea' we goin'?"

"Get ready and you'll find out."

Slowly climbing out the bed she made her way to the bathroom. Once I heard the shower running I jogged down the stairs preparing to put my plan in motion.

I was gone get ma' baybeh guh' back

Mel (POV)

I sat in my office at the at the ware house about to call an emergency meeting to see what was up with the note I received a few days ago. It's been bothering me that somebody is stalking me and my loved ones and actually know our daily routines. It wasn't like I didn't get threats, but this here was too close to home. I was scared- not scared to die- scared that I wouldn't be able to be with the ones I called family forever. Scared that I wouldn't be able to wake up to the family that I created with Chandra. I was scared, not to die, but scared of what I would be leaving behind.

I heard it's been some king pin after me for a while, but he was so new to the game his name was unknown; all I really knew was he wanted my spot and the respect I had in these streets. True enough I was a pretty bad person. But that was on the outside, the things I did and the things I've done are terrible, but on the inside I'm pure as gold. So when my judgement day comes that'll be all that matters.

Right before I was about to call the emergency meeting my phone rang signaling me of a incoming call, once I seen my mama's house phone number flash across the screen I quickly answered the phone.

"Wazzam Ma."

"Ma? Mane ya' gay, but come by da' house I got Armani feelin' betta'."

"Really! Dat's great Aug, wait- if she feelin' betta' why I need ta' come by."

I heard shuffling on the other end, then a door close shut. I then heard some type of clicking sound and rumbling in the background.

"Let's juss' say da' top of ha' head ain't matchin' ha' new mood, I juss' need ChaCha ta' hook ha' up." He whispered.

"Aug why ya' whisperin." I asked mocking his same whispering tone.

"I don't want Mani ta' hear meh'." He whispered again.

"Wea' she at."

"Gettin' ready." He replied.

"Wea' yo ass."

"In da' closet." He mumbled

I tried- I promise you I tried- but I could not hold the laughter that was building up in my throat. He's sitting here hiding in the closet so my bestfriend wouldn't hear him. My stomach felt like it was caving in from all the laughing I was doing.

"W-Why ya' in d-da' closet Yung'?" I tried my hardest to ask without laughing.

"Mane ion' want ha' ta' beat my ass lik- hold on bruh."

I heard what I'm guessing is the closet door open up, followed by Aug's hard shallow breathing all in the phone. After a few seconds his voice finally came back through the line.

"Aight I'm back, I thought I heard ha' blink, but aye ya' commin'?"

Why my brother ain't on tv?

"Mane yea give me ten."

"Aight luh' ya' Melly B."

"Luh' ya' too Yungin'."

I hung up the phone getting ready to go to my mama's house, but not before I told my boys to check up on that note for me. The last thing I wanted to do was put my family in harms way especially my baby girls. That would be the last thing I wanted was to put my seed, my blood in a predicament that was life or death. She was my soul and the reason I grind so hard so I can provide for her and my future wife.

So as far as these lil threats, they need to be deaden. I dapped up my 'private investigator', and headed out the trap. I hopped in my truck and headed to Ma dukes place.

I got to my mama house in under ten minutes since the particular trap house I was at wasn't that far from my moms house. I hopped out the truck and jogged towards the front door swinging it open to a laughing Armani and August.

It's been so long since I heard from her it seems like years. I ran over to my baby picking her up in my arms and squeezing the life out of her.

"Bessfran' I missed ya'."

She giggled at my antics,"It's only been three days bestie."

"Yea, but it feel like 3 years ya' know?" I set her down on her feet and took a seat on the couch."I been missin' ya'."

She looked at me with sorry eyes as she began to speak.

"I'm sorry guys, I'm juss' goin' through sum'n that I want ta' go away, it's like right when I thank it's a blessin' knockin' at my door, I open it up ta' be greeted by the devil. But even though I'm goin' through dis', I was wrong ta' push y'all away like dat', I hope y'all can fa'give me."

Little did she know there was no forgiving that needed to be done, she was grieving and we all knew that. That's why I needed for her to get this pain over with now because if she would have allowed this pain to come back into her life when she got older, it could be fatal.

By that I mean it would open up old wounds that she thought were healed, but were actually only patched up. All the scars that would reopen, and hurt even worse because she thought that she could push it to the back of her head for so long and never expect it to hit her. But in a world like this, pain hits you out of no where and at any point in your life- especially when you're already down. So why not take it sooner than later.

"We luh' ya' no matta' what, juss' let some real ass niggas like us be hea' fa' ya'. Aight?" She smiled and gave me a warm hug.

"Nah' let's go."

*
*
*

"Baybeh' ya' sho' dat's da' color ya' wanna use in ha' head?" I questioned Chandra.

One thing about my baby is she knows her shit when it comes to her profession. She's one of the best beauticians in the New Orleans. So if she makes a decision about doing something in your head it's more than likely going to benefit you.......Except for this one.

"Boy I know what I'm doin'. You betta' shut da' hell up."

"But baybeh it's grey." I said referring to the hair she was about to put in Armani's head.

"Exactly, even though it's a shady and gloomy color, compared ta' ha' skin it's a compliment," She took the hair out of the bag and placed it against Mo's cheek,"Ya' see, it brings out ha' beautiful complexion."

Damn. She was absolutely right.

"Aight, aight I'a give ya' dat' one, but me and Aug don't wanna be round this girly shit so we finna dip."

"Bye, we need some girl time anyway." She waved us off pushing us both out the door to her shop.

"Well damn, luh' ya' too." I mumbled to myself.

I told Aug to take a walk with me because I wanted to have a lil talk with him and enlighten him on a few things-things that every man should know in life. Which is how to see the difference between a want and a need. There was once a time in my life I thought I needed something but it was really just a want, the thing I needed was right there in that shop doing what she does best.

"Aug I can ask ya' sum'n?"

"Ya' juss' did, but yea."

"Ya' still got dat' feelin' 'bout Mo'?"

He was quiet for a while, real quiet. The silenced that settled between us let me know that he indeed still had those feelings, he just hated to admit his heart had feelings for her. That was understandable though I was the same way, when I first met Chandra I couldn't believe I was falling for her the way that I was. Even when I tried to break free from the hold she had on me, the strings on my heart led me right back to her. In the end I fell for her and I fell hard, but the best part was that I didn't fall flat on my face, I fell into a pit of her undeniable love for me. Her heart.

So August not answering me only let me know he was in the same situation I was in, just stuck.

"Well let meh' ask ya' dis', do ya' need ha' or want ha'?"

He looked up at me and shook his head letting out a soft laugh.

"I don't know man it's like when I'm wit' ha' I feel like-,"

"Det's wea' ya' belong." I finished for him

"Yea, but when I'm not I feel like-,"

"Det's wea' ya need ta' be." I finished for him again, knowing exactly the way he felt.

He nodded his head trying to hide his embarrassment, but it was nothing to be ashamed of. What he's feeling is natural.

"Ya' know Chandra wasn't da' first girl I fell fa'?" He stopped walking for a split second looking at me in amazed.

"Bitch say what?"

"I was round yo' age when I met a girl named Kimberly she was beautiful man, I thought I loved her."

"What happened?"

"I did everything fa' ha'. I stole fa' ha', lied fa' ha, all'at. Mama always said she ain't like ha', but shidd I was young and thought I was in love, but in da' end she cheated on me. Even afta' all the I luh' you's and da' love I thought was thea' she only used me."

"I was broken fa' a while I didn't give'a female da' time of day, in my mind they wasn't shit.... til Chandra."I told him," I tried ta' stay away, but wit' a heart as big as hers, I couldn't. She made me fall fa' ha', she stitched my heart up and stuck wit' me until it was all healed up, nah' she my world." I stopped to look up at him so he could truly listen to me.

"My point is I wanted det' girl, but in da' end I needed Chandra, ya' may want Crystal nah', but ya' gone need Armani. She may have a few demons she dealin' wit' but she a good girl none the less. Plus mama's intuitions never wrong, ya heard meh'?"

"Y-Yea, can we go back ta' da' shop." He mumbled.

I figured that what I just said to him would be on his mind for a while, I never told that story to anyone not even mama. The only reason I told August was because I didn't want my lil brother to lose a good girl over a girl that was only gonna fuck him over, but that may be the only way to open up his blind eyes. Maybe a heartbreak is what he needs to see that Mani is for him like Chandra is for me.

We finally got back to the shop and realized we'd been walking for hours, just eating and talking. I opened the door and seen my Bestfriend looking like a billion dollars, if not more. I stepped to the side so August could see her and when he did the look he gave was priceless.

His mouth was wide open and eyes almost out of his head, he started to say something but the words wouldn't even come out.

Chuckling I walked over to Chandra kissing her cheek and wrapping my arms around her waist.

"Ya' lookin' good bessfran', gone have dese' niggas goin' crazy." I caught August clenching his jaw and couldn't help but laugh.

"Ya' aight lil bruh, ya' look tense."

I enjoy being the petty brother. It's my thing.

He ignored my presence and walked closer to Armani and played in her hair, before pulling her into a bear hug whispering something in her ear that caused her to smile.

"I luh' ya' too Auggie." She said while still holding on to him as they rocked side from side.

Look at Yungin'

I pulled Chandra to the waiting room in her shop and sat down pulling her down so that she could straddle me. She laid her head on my shoulder and wrapped her arms around me.

"Ya' gone take dem' home." She asked raising her head off my shoulder.

"Yea but I juss' wanna relax wit' ya' fa' a minute."

She smiled and laid her head back down on my shoulder.

"I fuckin' luh' ya' Bonnie."

"I fuckin' luh' ya' too Clyde."

Right here this is where I needed to be, she was what I need and this was where I belonged. She was the one that never gave up on a no good street nigga like me, I didn't deserve her but I thank God that I got her and my baby girl. This is where I was needed right here with them. That's the main reason why I gotta get out of this shit before I leave the ones who need and love me behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you enjoy it, and I hope you caught my hints in the last chapter.

Excuse all mistakes

MeMe loves y'all
Xoxoxo
Just a real nigga commin' through...😜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148K 3.1K 25
Welcome To The Life Of August Alsina !! Hope You Guys Enjoy , This Is My First Story , Don't Forget To Leave Me Feedback !! - Em
5.4K 224 39
"You've become so damaged that when someone tries to give you what you deserve, you have no idea how to respond." He says taking a step closer to me...
188K 4.9K 47
Sarah has had enough of August abusive ways will she be able to escape. Read to find out about more. THIS STORY IS MADE UP, NOT BASED ON REAL EVENT...
686K 32.3K 67
No place to call home, falling into the wrong arms when you felt all alone , living a life you never imagined. selling your body like that's what mad...