Into The Darkness (Zayn Malik)

By ZaynTheHottie0009

Maddi McCallen moved to London for an internship. One dark night she finds out just how dark and cold a perso... More

Chapter 1: Going Out.
Chapter 2: High.
Chapter 3: Toots
Chapter 4: Classes.
Chapter 5: Banging
Chapter 6: Clarification
Chapter 7: Afraid of falling
Chapter 8: Office Coffee
Chapter 9: Buttwipe
hapter 10: Conversation
Chapter 11: Reid
Chapter 12: Rebecca
Chapter 13: Bloody
Chapter 14: Best Kiss in Years
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17: Issues
Chapter 18: Stuffy Air
Chapter 19: Ease dropping
Chapter 20: Informative Lunch
Chapter 21
Chapter 22: Jokes
Chapter 23: Elevator
Chapter 24: Barn Animals
Chapter 25: Being Nice
Chapter 26
Chapter 27: Out of shape
Chapter 28: I know
Chapter 29: Positive
Chapter 30
Rant Chapter?
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34: Talking
Chapter 35
Chapter 36: Nicki and Ariana
Preview of Chapter 60
Chapter 37:
Chapter 38: Dinner
Chapter 39: This is Halloween
Chapter 40:
Chapter 41: French Toast
Chapter 42: Leak
Chapter 43
Don't even know..
Chapter 44: Leaving
.Chapter 45: Drunk Talk
Chapter 46: Lies
Chapter 47: Girlfriends and Boyfriends
Chapter 48: Snow
Chapter 49: Thanksgiving Pt. 1
Chapter 50: Thanksgiving Pt. 2
Chapter 51: Mornings
Chapter 52:
Chapter 53:
Chapter 54: Home Sweet Home
Chapter 55: Unexpected
Chapter 56:
Chapter 57: Police & Pain
Chapter 58: Stay Calm
Chapter 59
Chapter 60: Ripped out Heart
Chapter 61:
Chapter 62: Goodbyes.
Sequel: Finding Our Light

Chapter 32

2.5K 171 34
By ZaynTheHottie0009

Goals: 34 votes, 20 comments

I stare at Zayn, intensely. He is at the front of the room with his head held high. His voice booms though the air and everyone else in the room focuses on him. He looks comfortable and everyone else looks intimidated. He is really good at this.

I divert my stare when he looks at me. After our argument this morning Zayn has barely looked at me or said a word to me all morning. I've been the complete opposite in terms of looking. I can't help but stare at his perfectly sculptured face. It's not only easy on the eyes, but I'm trying to read him. Figure out what he is thinking and feeling.

I should probably give up on trying to figure him out. Zayn is as closed off as anyone can be. But I can't, I don't know what it is about him. He just leaves me wanting more and knowing more. Its really a big contrast from when I first met him. I wanted nothing to do with him and couldn't wait to escape him back then.

Now everything is different. Sure he still annoys me and god knows he is still a bossy asshole, but now there is so much more to him. He let more of him show through in the past week than in the two and half months I've known him. And I think that's why I've become so infatuated with him.

He is suddenly Zayn Malik, twenty two year old gang leader and one of the youngest, most successful business man. Not Zayn Malik, the sexist, rude, and haughty young man. Also, now beyond his rudeness and possesiveness is playful and caring Zayn. The Zayn I'd do anything to see and be around.

"Zayn," the door to the conference opens. A tall man walks in and I have to take a double look at him. He looks so similar to Zayn, just an older and tanner version. I look back at Zayn who stands there frozen and off guard. What the heck is happening?

"Everyone out." Zayn orders everyone once he recovers from his state of shock. No one thinks twice before collecting their things and filing out, including me. "Not you Toots," Zayn says, just as I'm about to walk out.

"Oh," I mumble and walk over to Zayn. He looks tense and his eyes are dark. I decide to do something to help him relax but I don't know how to do that. So I gather all the courage I can muster up and grab his hand. He is stiff at first be soon relaxes his hand in mine.

"What are you doing here?" Zayn asks, venom dripping through his words.

"I came to see you," the man answers.

"Well I don't want to see you, so fuck off," Zayn spits.

The man laughs before speaking, "Now Zayn, that's no way to talk to your father, is it?" My eyes widen at this. Zayn told me his father died and I don't know why he would lie about this.

"Oh?" Zayn scoffs. "You think I actually give a shit who you are? You're nothing, but scum and will never be anything close to a father."

"Well," the man says. "I just came by to see how you're running everything and to let you know your mother and I are back together." Zayn's hand squeezes mine tightly at the mention of his mother. "They've all forgiven me Zayn. I'd advise you to do the same."

"You son of a bitch," Zayn snaps at him. The man ignores Zayn comments and his eyes land on mine. He smiles a little and looks down at Zayn and mine intertwined hands.

"I'm Yaser," he tells me and hold his hand out for me to shake. "And you are?"

I stare down at his hand and Zayn lightly pulls me closer to him. I'm sure he doesn't even want me to speak to Yaser. "Madison." I answer, but don't shake his hand.

"Well nice to meet you Madison," he retract his hand, not in the slightest looking affected that I didn't shake it. "And Zayn, might as well get use to me being around again. We're all staying in London for a while. I'm sure your sisters and mum would love to see you."

Yaser walks out and I don't say anything or even move. I could tell Zayn is angry, the heat is practically radiating off him. His jaw is locked and eyes hard and cold. He stares at where Yaser was previously standing, his breathe uneven. Angry Zayn is the most scary Zayn. I might have forgiven him but I haven't forgotten what he did to me when he was angry in the past.

"Zayn," I finally find my voice. I can't stand just standing there for another minute.

"Don't," he warns. He drops my hand and walks out of the room. Well that went better than expected.

....

I talk into my apartment which is freezing. I'm guessing Kayla isn't home considering she can't stand the cold. I walk into the living room and sink into the couch. I puff out a big breath of air and close my eyes. Today wasn't the best but it wasn't the worst either.

A loud crashing sound echoes through out the apartment and I sit up. I look around slightly frowning. What was that? I hear another crashing sound and I jump slightly. It sounds like it's came from my room. I slowly stand up trying to be as quiet as I can and make my way to my room.

I slowly push open the door, not knowing what to expect. I see my curtain blowing all over from the wind. My candle and picture frame that has a picture of me and my siblings are on the ground shattered. I hastily walk in my room and lean over my desk to look out the window. I search the fire escape but don't see anything.

I guess the wind knocked them off my desk. I bend down and begin putting all the glass in a pile so I could pick them up. The floor in the hall makes a creaking sound and my head snaps that way. I don't see anything so I just shake it off. I'm being paranoid over nothing.

Once all the glass is in a pile I go to grab a trash bag and the vacuum. I finish cleaning it all up in just a few minutes. I throw away my candle which sucks because it's my favorite. I also throw away the picture frame away after I take out the picture. I rest the picture on my desk and lean over to shut the window.

I make my way down the hall to go back to the living room. That was kind of freaky, but the wind was blowing hard so it could have blown the candle and picture frame off my desk. I hope I have enough time tomorrow to go to the store and pick up a new candle and frame.

I freeze in my tracks when I hear two more creaking sounds coming from the floor behind me. It sounds as is someone just walked across the hall. I slowly turn around staring at where I heard the noise. I lean my head to the side hoping to see something in my room. I step closer when I can't see anything. I bite my lip, nervously and step even closer. As my foot hits the floor board the front door is slammed shut. I gasp and jump, scared. I turn back around going to the living room.

"Hey babe," Kayla greets me, taking off her pea coat. I sigh in relief when I see her. "Why is it so cold in here?" she rushes to the thermalstat and turns up the heat.

"Oh, uh, my window was left open and cold air got in," I answer and roll my eyes at myself. I was scared for nothing and was just being paranoid. I mean who would break in here? Plus I didn't notice anything missing.

"Oh well, how was work?" she asks, going into the kitchen.

"It was interesting," I shrug.

"What do you mean?" she asks coming back in the living room with a hot cup of coffee.

"Just a lot happened. How was your day?" I ask and she begins talking about her day. I try to pay attention but I'm distracted by what just happened. I know I'm just being paranoid and nothing actually just happened, but I can't seem to shake off this eerie feeling.

....

I yawn feeling extremely tired. I'm glad I don't have to be anywhere in the morning and I could sleep in. I tell Kayla goodnight and go to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. When I'm done I go back to my room and change into pajamas shorts and an over sized t-shirt.

Just as I'm about to slip into bed I realize my picture isn't on my desk. I look around my desk on the floor and under anything that is on my desk but can't find it. I swear I put it on the middle of my desk when I was cleaning. Yet, it's no where to be found. I look again and when I don't find it I sigh. I guess it's possible I accidentally threw it away.

I push my thoughts of the photo in the back of my mind and lie down in bed. The thought of today and Zayn floats through my mind. It was really nice being able to see him working. He seemed to enjoy it and was actually interested in what he was doing. I never really deemed Zayn as a business man, but he is actually a really good one.

The one thing that has been bothering me, though, is that Zayn said his dad was dead. He is obviously very much alive. It was also obvious there was tension between the two and they didn't get alone very well, but I don't know why Zayn would lie. I hope that's the only he lied about. I feel so overwhelmed all the time and I don't think I could handle anymore.

...

I don't know how I feel about this chapter.

Anyways, who is your favorite character? And why?? :)

Goals: 34 votes, 20 comments.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

886K 37.5K 80
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
177K 3.9K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
951K 31.6K 58
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
228K 22K 55
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...