𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚢-𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎: 𝙰𝚖 𝚗𝚘𝚝.

"Thank you for agreeing to come out with me. I enjoyed the unexpected dance." Tokoyami stated, looking straight ahead as I unlocked my door.

"Thank you for taking me out, it was a lot of fun," I smiled down at him as my lock clicked, opening the door. "Would you like to come in? Have a drink?"

"I would love to, but I really shouldn't."

"Ah your healing concussion, right. You should go to sleep, get some rest." I smiled, putting my hand on his shoulder. "And we should totally go dancing again someday, preferably whenever you're fully healed."

"That would be great. I'll keep in touch." He responded, looking up at me and giving me what I think was a smile.

"You better."

With that, he turned away, starting to walk towards the elevator on my floor.

"Goodbye detective!" Called Dark Shadow, emerging from Tokoyami's gut and turning to look at me.

He waved excitedly, and I returned it, smiling at the void-bird-thing.

What a strange man.

(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)

"She's great isn't she?" Dark Shadow asked once the doors had closed, his eyes half open and deliriously happy. He leaned on his friend's head, sighing in happiness.

"Dark Shadow, could you please leave me alone for a while?"

"Why? Too flustered to talk to me? I know I would be if the Detective (L/N) dipped me like that, I mean, oh! It was so romantic!" The void being rambled, flipping onto his back and putting his hand to his chest, the other draped elegantly over his eyes.

Tokoyami winced at his counterpart's volume.

"Right, concussion," Dark Shadow said, lowering his tone, "sorry."

"I am not flustered, simply... surprised. That's all."

"Surprised he says. What happened to the guy that asked Mashirao if he 'believes in love at first sight,' knowing full well he was talking about (L/N) (Y/N)? Huh?! Where did he go?!"

"Dark Shadow—"

"Right, concision, sorry."

"Me saying that was simply a moment of weakness-"

"Buuuuuull," Dark Shadow interjected, drawing out the word.

"-because she was missing and it won't happen again."

Tokoyami was desperate for the elevator's doors to open and to be out of here, for this conversation to end so he could sleep.

"It was a moment of weakness? Sure, whatever. All I know is that you're in l, o, v, e with the detective!"

"I am in no such thing."

"Are too."

"I am not."

When will this elevator open?

"Are too."

"I am not."

"Are too."