Chapter VII: Don't Stand So Close to Me

"Sensei!" Everyone exclaimed at the sight of the sleep deprived man that stood between the doors of the elevator. Stepping into the room, he sighed.

"You can call me Aizawa now, it's ok. I'm not your teacher anymore." Everyone laughs nervously at this, while I stifle a giggle.

Aizawa freezes.

Fuck.

"Are you alright, Aizawa Sensei?" Midoriya asks him.

"I'm fine, but I know that little schoolgirl giggle anywhere." His eyes search the crowd of pros before landing on me, the black sheep of the group.

"(Y/N)?" He asks.

"Aizawa Sensei? What are you doing here after hours?" I ask in a high pitched voice. He rolls his eyes.

"Oh shut up." I laugh.

"You first!" We make eye contact before I go in to hug him.

His grip is tight and loving, just as it always was.

"We miss you there. We didn't want to do it, we had no choice." He whispered in my ear.

"I know, and I forgave you all a long time ago. It's in the past." I smile, pulling away. I searched his face and the bags under his eyes. "You need more sleep."

"You need to talk to us more."

"Touché." We smile at each other, comfortable in each other's presence.

"I'm sorry, what?" Kaminari asks. I turn around to face him. "You and our first year home room teacher know each other?"

"Well, he was my teacher too." I say. Everyone wears a look of shock on their faces, making me look down. "It's a long story."

(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)

Everyone laughed at Kaminari's joke, and I chuckled as I went over to refill my cup with water.

"No, I will not." I hear someone mumble. "Yes, but— Dark Shadow!" I look around and spot a man leaning against a wall. He had the head of a bird, with a shadow like figure sprouting from his stomach.

'Becky, lemme smash.'

I try to hold back my giggle but I fail. The bird man looks at me and we make eye contact.

Holy crap. Her face. Look at it. Look at it!
𝐷𝑎𝑟𝑘𝑆𝑎𝑑𝑜𝑤, 𝐼'𝑚 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎𝑡 𝑒𝑟. 𝑂 𝑤𝑜𝑤.
I told you!

I nearly dropped my drink. This man is not alone in his head. I then realized the shadow part of his body was another entity. His quirk allowed him to have a shadow be a living entity that's a part of him.

I have to meet this man.

I smile, walking over. The shadow starts to preen at the mans feathers, before he was shoved away. The shadow retreated into his gut, and he fixed his shirt and cleared his throat.

"Hi. I'm (L/N) (Y/N)," I say, holding out my hand. He takes it quickly, shaking it.

"Tokoyami Fumikage. You're the detective I assume?" He asks, dropping my hand, putting his in his pocket.

"That would be me, yes." I say with a laugh. He chuckles looking at me.

"You've sent everyone into a ruckus. You interest everyone, I can see why." He says.