𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚠𝚘: 𝙱𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚝 𝚒𝚗!

"Funny isn't it? Meeting here?" The winged hero asked, startling the villain in front of him.

The villain jumped, clearly taken of guard. Reaching for his gun, he swiftly aimed at the hero's forehead, pulling the trigger and looking away.

A loud bang filled the room, along with a cry of pain from Hawks, and the villain felt his hands burning. He dropped the gun, screaming a bit in pain whilst looking down at his hands.

"Taken off guard? I would be too. You're fast, I'll give you that." The winged hero laughed, pointing to the gun on the ground. "But not fast enough."

The villain looked down at the gun, seeing several bright red feathers stuck in the barrel.

"You- you stopped the bullet?" The man asked shakily.

"Of course! Would kind of hero would I be if I couldn't stop a simple gun." Hawks laughed, despite feeling the burning feeling in his feathers.

Ten minutes later, Hawks was taking the stairs to the roof of the police station. He had always worked quickly and effectively, fast and precise.

But today was different.

Today, Takami was lacking.

He wasn't as quick, he stumbled a lot more and even made a few mistakes. He didn't ever make mistakes.

There was something on his mind today, something that caused his mind to drift and a dopey smile park itself on his face.

That damn detective.

She was distracting. So very distracting. And she wasn't even there! But the winged hero couldn't get her off his mind. She was stuck there indefinitely, making his thoughts drift off during missions.

He kept think about how beautiful she looked and how he was quietly excited when they showed up in the same outfit. Together, they looked like a couple. A real couple.

Takami remembered when they had met. It was a few years ago at some sort of fundraiser gala thing he was forced to go to.

He remembered spotting her in the corner, talking to Kamui Woods. She was slightly smirking, an eyebrow raised at his words. She laughed at something he said, both of them laughing and holding their glasses.

She looked more professional than he could ever be, in a pressed blank suit, polished black leather covering her feet and her hair slicked back and held out of her face.

She looked simply divine.

He often had little flings with women he found attractive, but her? She was exactly his type. Her (e/c) eyes and her (h/l) (h/c) hair which was pulled back to reveal your perfect face.

She was sexy in the best way, and she seemed different. Something about her made the room light up and made the hero raise an eyebrow.

Takami simply had to know her.

He walked over to the chief of police; Suzuki and asked who she was, because surely he'd know. Takami didn't understand how he didn't already know her, as he would have heard of a new pro hero on the streets.

"(L/N)? She's the new head detective of the prefecture. Insanely smart, that woman. It's unbelievable." The hero hummed in response, smiling to himself.

Suzuki took the hint and introduced the two of them and the proud hero immediately took notice of her tie as she turned. It was black, sleek. With little red feathers making a pattern over the silk.

She was- she was wearing his tie! He designed that! Well not him personally, but the head of his advertising team did! That's practically him! He felt a smile stretch onto his face and a warm feeling flood his chest.

Takami was suddenly a lot more confident in his endeavors.

They're first interaction was almost a little too perfect, with him shamelessly flirting and her responding back passive aggressively, but flirting none the less.

He caught her biting her lip, looking distressed.

"Are you alright detective?" He asked the woman. She looked up, regaining your composure quickly.

"Of course yes! Just something on my mind."

"What would that be?"

"Just trying to decide if I should tell you my analysis of you and your obviously traumatic childhood now, or if that's an activity I should save for a later date." He was caught off guard by her words, immediately starting to laugh.

"Am I that easy to read?"

"Not to most people, but I am exceptional when it comes to this stuff."

"Humble much?"

"Always."

He reveled in the way she fought his banter with some of her own instead of blushing and looking away like most of his previous partners had. They ended up spending the entire time at the gala glued to one another, attached at the hip.

Then they parted ways, and Takami realized that he had no clue how to contact the detective. She hadn't given him a number, and sure he could call her office, but was that inappropriate of him?

He had never felt like this with a woman before. He was always straightforward and knew exactly what to do, calling all the shots in the relationship. Now this woman came along and threw him off his game completely.

He was nervous and hesitant, something he had never been in a relationship before.

Takami eventually decided that he might run into her in the city, and that he should just calm down and play it cool.

Days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months, but the hero hadn't seen his favorite detective around the city yet. But he always saw her on the news about cases she had solved, press releases, conferences.

His heart warmed with pride when he saw her, proud of the woman he had only met once.

He wasn't sure how, but somewhere along the line, he began romanticizing the woman in his head, making her out to be perfect. He had relationships after they had met of course, but Detective (L/N) (Y/N) stayed in the back of his mind.

It may or may not have been a tad unhealthy for Takami to do so, but she confused him so much it was hard not to think about her.

Eventually, after about a year, he finally got her out of his head, his school boy crush fading into the background as being a hero finally became his main focus once again.

Until he heard her voice again.

"Hawks!"

Of course he remembered you. He pretended not to, but he did.

Everything kept rushing back, and then you accepted his invitation to a date? Huh?

To make a long story short, Takami Keigo was whipped for you. Not that you didn't know that, you did, you could tell. But it sure as hell was interesting.

I've always pictured Hawks having this kind of relationship with someone because of his trauma, so this will be very fun to write 😼😼

Fun Fact: (Y/N)'s quirk has the drunk draw back, but there's also some others. When she stays in someone's headspace for too long (ie. over forty-five minutes or so) she gets awful migraines. You know, the ones where your vision goes white and you feel like you've been shot in the head? Yeah, those. The pain gets so bad that she'll start screaming in pain, but no one can do anything until it wears off.

Reminder: Every victory matters, no matter how small. You got out of bed? That's a victory. You got some water? That's a victory. You got up to go to the bathroom? Boom, a victory. I'm so proud and I love you so much 💞💞

Over and out.