𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛: 𝟷-𝟾𝟶𝟶-𝙳𝚒𝚍𝙸𝙰𝚜𝚔

The rest of the day went by pretty quick, Chiharu freaking out as soon as I walked through the door. She babied me, insisting I tell her where I was hurting. She gave me an aspirin for my headache and looked at the baseball sized bruise that was forming on my back.

I sat with my back against an ice pack for the rest of the day.

As I was packing my bag, my office phone started to ring. I picked it up, placing it between my shoulder and my ear as I slid my laptop into my bag.

"Detective (L/N) speaking," I spoke into the receiver.

"Hey kid!" A cheery yet raspy voice exclaimed from the other end of the line. My hand reached up to grab the phone, holding it against my ear as I leaned against my desk.

"Hey Hawks. What's up?" I asked.

"Just wanted to check up on my favorite detective, make sure I didn't swing her too hard." He explained, and I could hear his smirk through the phone.

"No, no, I'm alright. I had a headache and a bruise on my back, but that's about it on my end. What about you, are you alright?"

Hawks hummed on the other end, "I'm fine. No injuries here."

"Good. We can't have one of Japan's most eligible bachelors hurt now can we?" I joked, poking fun at the hero.

Hawks laughed.

"I wouldn't be an eligible bachelor for long if you let me take you out on a date." He said smoothly, making me laugh.

"You're blunt, aren't you?"

"It's part of my charm."

"Uh huh." I said, laughing. "You know, you are older than me. The media will eat that shit up." I noted, crossing my free arm across my chest and swinging one ankle over the other.

"Let them, see if I care. I'm only— what? Ten years older?"

"Eight."

"Eight years older! That's not that big of a gap." Hawks argued. "Media rumors are worth it as long as I get to spend time with you."

"Wow Hawks, very smooth. You talk to every girl like this or am I special?" I asked, smirking.

"Do you want the truth or do you want hear that you're special?"

"Truth."

"I talk to a lot of people like this, but you are special. I can show you just how special you are when I take you out to dinner this weekend. How about it?" He prodded.

What is this guy's deal?

"Why do you want to take me out so bad?" I asked. "I mean we meet at a dinner party a year or so ago, spend the entire time glued together at the hip, don't speak to each other afterwards, but when we do reconnect again due to a villain attack, that's when you start flirting with me and insisting that we go on dates? Not to mention the whole 'take my quirk!' thing you pulled."

"So I take it my plan is flawed?"

"Very."

"Look kid. Look at it from my perspective. I go to a party where I meet a beautiful and smart woman. I can't help but spend the entire time with her, but afterwards I realize I have no clue how to reach her. A year or so later, I'm on my way to villain attack and who do I meet along the way? The woman I've had a tiny crush on for a year! Obviously, I'm gonna take my chance. Besides, I meant what I said. You'd look adorable with my wings." He explained.

"You keep saying that."

"Because it's true!"

"Is seeing me with your wings gonna give you the same reaction someone would give seeing their significant other in their jacket?" I asked curiously, tapping my foot in thought.

"Yes, I believe it will."

"I didn't know birds had those feelings Hawks." I joked. Hawks laughed.

"The more you know." We both went silent for a minute, only chuckling over the line.

"So about that date," Hawks said, breaking the silence, "I have a runway show this weekend, I can get you front row seats. We'll go out to dinner afterwards and maybe you can work your quirk a bit and I can see you with my wings. Or in my wings if you're into that."

I laughed, putting my face in my hand. I sighed, looking up at my ceiling and sighing.

"Alright. I'll go on a date with you."

"Score!"

(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)

I unlocked my door, stepping inside my apartment.

"Home sweet home," I sighed, placing my bag by the door and slipping my suit jacket from my back. I walked into my room, hanging the jacket up on a hanger and unbuttoning my shirt.

I changed into Alien Queen pajama pants (complete with cartoon splatters of acid and little sets of yellow horns), and a tank top, shaking my hair out.

I hummed to myself as I walked into the kitchen, grabbing a pack of ramen from my cabinet. Whistling, I filled a pot with water, letting it boil.

I made my ramen, sliding a cooked egg into it once it was done. I leaned back against my counter, splitting the egg down the middle with my chopsticks.

Ramen had always been a comfort food. It was a bit of a cliche I guess, but that's just how it worked out.

Ramen was the first thing I learned to cook on my own, and I learned it when I was young. I would cook it whenever I could, but when my mother caught on she tried to make me stop. She tried to hide the noodle packs, but I always found them. She said they would make me fat and then I couldn't be a hero.

A part of me didn't care. I didn't want to be a hero anyway.

I started making it whenever my parents and I would fight, creeping down to the kitchen in the dead of night and tip-toeing around as I cooked, wincing whenever something made a loud noise.

Smiling softly, I remembered high school, my time of rebellion.

My phone rang, my head snapping around to look at it. It was a city number. I pressed talk, setting my bowl down and putting the phone to my ear.

"You are receiving a call from an inmate at Fuchū Prison. To accept this call, please press one. Send—" the automated voice droned on, making me smile.

I pressed one, putting the phone back by my ear.

I have a feeling it's Dabi. Something tells me it's Dabi.

"Hello my love."

I almost dropped the phone, my face falling.

Definitely not Dabi.

I feel like we forget that Hawks is a model as well as a hero sometimes.

Fun Fact: Hawks wasn't even supposed to be in this story as a love interest. He was meant to be a background character that was mentioned, but never seen.

Reminder: The world is utter shit right now, but remember that it will get better. Do your part and everything will turn out alright. I promise. I love you all💞💞

Over and out.