𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚒𝚡: 𝙿𝚕𝚊𝚢 𝚋𝚊𝚕𝚕!

SOMEWHERE, IN AN APARTMENT IN THE CITY.

The man gripped his hair and groaned in frustration, looking at the back of his closet door. It was covered in pictures and articles, red string and tacks connecting everything together in an elaborate system only he understood.

Along the top were pictures of five different people, three of whom were now crossed out. The man mumbled under his breath in utter rage as he crossed out another with a red chisel tip marker.

He looked down at one particular picture cut out of a newspaper that was dated two years ago of a woman leaning over a podium giving a press conference. Her eyes had x's drawn over them, retraced many times giving the paper depth.

"It's almost laughable how you think you're in control," he said, lifting his finger to touch the picture, feeling the divots of the pen over her eyes. "Little do you know you're just a pawn."

He read over the headline for the nth time, growling at it slightly from under his breath.

DETECTIVE (L/N) INSTALLS MANDATORY CERFEW FOR THE CITY.

"Just a pawn that knows too much."

(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)

I sat, legs crossed and hands folded in my chair. Wetting my lips to prepare to speak, I stared down the grey haired man in front of me.

"What did you do?" I asked slowly, annunciating each word carefully, though it sounded harsh and mean. I might have meant for them to sound that way, but he didn't need to know that.

"Nothing!" He said, a little too fast.

"What. Did. You. Do." I said again, louder this time.

"Really, boss, nothing!" Daichi exclaimed back, his eyes finally making contact with mine.

"Oh really?" I asked, raising my eyebrows at the man.

"Really!"

I reached for my phone, Daichi's eyes latched onto my hand as he gulped in fear.

"Then why did Creati text me, quote, 'So sorry for not answering your call, I was out on patrol and forgot my phone. I'll call you back after my shift?'" I asked, looking back up at Daichi from my screen.

He stuttered not able to find a response.

"Tell me or I root through your memories."

"Ok, ok!" He exclaimed, making me find my smirk. I knew he hated it when I went into his headspace, so that was a method I used that always got him talking. "I placed my bet on Creati, Lord Explo and Deku right?"

"Right," I responded flatly.

"Well, I was sitting all alone in my office with nothing to do, so I decided why not..." he trailed off, mumbling the rest.

"Daichi." I warned.

He mumbled again, slightly louder but still quiet enough so that I couldn't hear.

Daichi had always been observant, especially when it came to me. When he first heard about my quirk he was fucking astounded. He was worse than Izuku with all his questions, and they were all about my "system." How I functioned while in a headspace and all that stuff. His entire life was computers and now, his boss practically was a computer.