Chapter III: Damn, Daniel

The background to his window was like everyone's, their favorite place. His background showed a pleasant park, with a solitary bench in the middle. Flowers sprouted from all around, bushes grew, high and mighty like walls. Trees lined the area, while an old fountain sat behind the bench. It was overgrown with moss, yet still sprouting a lifeless string of water from a baby's hand.

Tearing my focus from the background, I looked at the files. All of them were named something different, and his "desktop" looked semi-organized, which means Bakugo was the same way.

One folder read, "Memories" so I opened it to see multiple other folders, corresponding to years of his life. They counted to twenty-four, with sub categories. The ones from his teen years had a sections for UA, with folders in that named things like, "Ejiro," "Ashido," "Hanta," and "Kaminari."

I exited Memories, and looked at other folders, opening one called "Goals." Inside was this list as follows—

𒊹 Graduate from UA ✔
𒊹 Become number one
𒊹 Reconnect with the group ✔
𒊹 Get someone to love

There wasn't much else, the man didnt have that many goals. As I was about to exit out, I watched as a new goal appeared.

𒊹 Get closer to (L/N)

This one was not checked off. Smiling to myself think that I probably wasn't meant to see that, I left and opened his family folder. I saw short write ups on his mom and dad, but nothing more. He calls his mother hag? Geez dude. Harsh.

I click out after finding nothing really interesting, and head over to the real money-maker. The personal profile. I open it and am met with a lot of information.

The first thing I see is his picture. It's a full body, and he's obviously scoffing, hands hooked in his pockets, dressed in a UA uniform. Then just a normal headshot. He was smirking in this one, looking menacing in his hero gear.

Moving on to the information, I read that his birthday is April twentieth, heh. 420. He is 5'8 and 150 pounds. His blood type was A, his quirk was Explosion, his birthplace was the Shizuoka Prefecture, his fighting style was melee and ranged combat. He worked under Red Riot at his agency, his sexuality was listed as straight. I quickly memorize his phone number for future reference.

I then copy his quirk into a separate file and downloaded it onto me. That should be a fun surprise. I read up on his quirk a bit, before I click on the hobbies tab, and am a bit surprised by what I see. His hobbies include reading Shakespeare and Mark Twain, and cooking. I exit the personal profile and go to private messages.

I open the chat room, and as normal, he's alone in his head. The chat is one sided. He thinks things like, "What's she doing in my head," and "I hope her eyes are ok," and "fucking dumbass." I finally exit his head, smiling to myself, content and happy with what I found.

I blink hard, coming back the reality of the ramen place. Dots sparkle in my eyes as I look around, gathering my bearings. The ramen shop is the same, smelling of salt and other spices, looking red and a bit dim. The windows outside show a dark night, with no one on the streets. The bowl below me smelled of chicken and pepper. I turn back to Bakugo to see him staring right at me.

"What's up?" I ask, grabbing my chopsticks. He gave me a look, making me chuckle.

"Well dumbass? What did you find?" He grunted out, taking a bite of ramen. I did the same before placing my chopsticks down again, and holding my hands. I leaned in a bit, staring into Bakugo's eyes. He seemed uncomfortable.

"Your name is Bakugo Katsuki, your mother is Mitsuki, but you call her hag, your father is Masaru, but you think him weak. You like cooking and reading literary classics, you're 5'8 and 150 pounds. You were born in the Shizuoka Prefecture, you graduated from UA after three years."

You specialize in melee and ranged combat fighting styles and work at Red Riots agency. You want a girlfriend and to be number one hero. You're quirk makes you sweat nitro-glycerin, making you constantly smell like caramel and gives you the ability to do this," I unfold one of my hands, holding it out to the side, not moving my eyes.

I active Bakugo's quirk and explosion emit from my palms. They tickle. He stares in shook at my palm, probably scared. But then again, what could scare LEM? I chuckle, and look down, putting my hands at my sides.

"So, are you satisfied?" He stammers just a bit. I laugh, quickly eating the remainder of my bowl as he stares at me and my hand, wide eyed. I finish, as he did a while ago, and grab Bakugo by the arm. I pay and drag him out of the ramen joint, towards my apartment. He finally pulls himself together after a few minutes and starts to ask me questions.

"How did you get my quirk?"

"Well, your quirk is a file in your brain, at least that's how I see it, right?" I ask, and Bakugo nods slowly. "Well, I made a copy of the file, and transferred it to me. Basically, I now have your quirk." He nods again, slower.

"I can delete it if you want me to. I only downloaded it to freak you out, so I'll delete if me having your quirk makes you uncomfortable." I explain, hitching my thumbs in my pockets, shivering slightly in the cold.

"No, keep it," his response was almost immediate. "You might need it, you never know."

"Thank you," I say and he hums in response. Well, more like grunted. Looking over, a light pink dusted his cheeks. That could mean one of to things, but I decided to go with the latter.

"Well, this is my building." I say, stopping in front of the lobby doors.

"Let me walk you to your room." He demands more than offers.

"All the way, what a gentleman." He scoffs as I chuckle, pushing the doors open and walking inside. Heading straight to the elevator, i press the button, making an elevator come almost instantly. I was having a lucky day, wasn't I?

I press my floor number once Bakugo and I are in the metal box, and we start to ascend. We make small talk and laugh, when the door opens and we step out. I waltz to the end of the hall, laughing at something Bakugo said, when we reach my door. I sigh, turning to Bakugo.

"Well, I had a very nice time." I tell him.

"Well so did I. You're pretty cool for a damn extra," he says and I laugh again.

"Maybe we should do it again sometime," with this, I put my key in the lock. Bakugo wraps his hand around my arm suddenly and I turn to see what was wrong.

"I have this hero get together thing, and I have to go. And I know we just met, but I would like for you to go with me. You would make it easier to bear." He looks to the side, and I chuckle.

"When and where?" I ask. After excitedly telling me details, I say I'll be there, and Bakugo leaves.

Maybe he'll accomplish that new goal of his.